Kampfer vs Stuart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Kampfer vs Stuart

"Facts make a much better basis for opinion than pulling things from ones nether regions."

Hey, in my opinion he's a borderline NHL top 4 D Man .  Just as likely to be considered a 5 or 6.  I don't claim to always be right but that's my opinion when I see him play. 

If he's as outstanding as you make him sound, how come the highest avg ice time in his whole career is 17:46 and that was in his rookie yr, 2005-2006.  The last 4 yrs it's been 15:23, 15:25, 17:01, and 16:43.  Sounds more like a bottom pairing guy to me.  As a former 1st rd pick shouldn't his ice time progressively get higher if he has lived up to his potential??

I'll stand by my opinion as it's far from "pulling things from ones nether regions."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Apparently the B's brass also agrees that he's not a top 4 D-Man.

Here's avg TOI for the D-Men that have suited up this yr:

Chara 26:35
    Seidenberg 24:10
    Boychuck 20:49
    Ferrence 18:16
    Kampfer 17:35
    Stuart 16:43
    Hunwick 16:13
    McQuaid 12:19

Stuart's so good that his biggest comp on the team for ice time was Hunwick.

Please, that's not a top 4 D-Man. 

Those are the facts.  So please tell me who exactly is "pulling things from their nether regions"???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

I sort of equate Stuart as an "elite number 5." He's REALLY REALLY good in that role, and his play allows you to not lean so heavily on the top-4, but his skill-set isn't there for a top-4 d-man. He's not offensive AT ALL...just solid D and a decent skater... does his job and plays hard and tough. I love the guy, but he's a luxury as a number 5... not a number 4.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i've been impressed with kampfer. however, i don't think pc should start trading away dmen. there's nothing wrong with a little bit of depth at that position. as i recall hunwick impressed me after a few games, but i got tired of him pretty quick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Because he plays the same side as Chara, who plays 25 to 30 minutes most nights, most of the other Dmen play the other side of the dpairs most nights.

In Response to Re: Kampfer vs Stuart:
    [QUOTE]"Facts make a much better basis for opinion than pulling things from ones nether regions." Hey, in my opinion he's a borderline NHL top 4 D Man .  Just as likely to be considered a 5 or 6.  I don't claim to always be right but that's my opinion when I see him play.  If he's as outstanding as you make him sound, how come the highest avg ice time in his whole career is 17:46 and that was in his rookie yr, 2005-2006.  The last 4 yrs it's been 15:23, 15:25, 17:01, and 16:43.  Sounds more like a bottom pairing guy to me.  As a former 1st rd pick shouldn't his ice time progressively get higher if he has lived up to his potential?? I'll stand by my opinion as it's far from "pulling things from ones nether regions."
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Kampfer looks good so far. I hope he continues to progress. The offense actually looked in sync last game

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]NAS- Stuart is not a 4 now, never has been, and never will be.  i agree with xenimus.  He will be traded.  If PC thought Stuart was a 4, he would've lock him up long term.  Instead he got a 1 year deal that will be attractive to a team looking for some grit on the back end.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    Stuart is absolutely a top 4.I've said in previous posts that he's Komisarek but with balls.He should've made Team USA in last olympics but Burke chose a leaf(Komi)ahead of him.What a surprise.PC wasn't in a position to make a long term offer that Stuart was willing to sign hence,the 1 year deal.Stuart on a different team would have better numbers.When,if ever,have you seen Stuart on a Bruins PP?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]Apparently the B's brass also agrees that he's not a top 4 D-Man. Here's avg TOI for the D-Men that have suited up this yr: Chara 26:35 Seidenberg 24:10 Boychuck 20:49 Ferrence 18:16 Kampfer 17:35 Stuart 16:43 Hunwick 16:13 McQuaid 12:19 Stuart's so good that his biggest comp on the team for ice time was Hunwick. Please, that's not a top 4 D-Man.  Those are the facts .  So please tell me who exactly is "pulling things from their nether regions"???
    Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

kampfer has more toi than stuart cause stuart doesn't play on the pp. that doesn't mean stuart isn't a better dman overall. there are alot of situations where i'd rather have stuart on the ice than kampfer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kampfer vs Stuart : kampfer has more toi than stuart cause stuart doesn't play on the pp. that doesn't mean stuart isn't a better dman overall. there are alot of situations where i'd rather have stuart on the ice than kampfer.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Anywhere but the PP for instance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Even IF Stuey is not a top 4, i still love him in a B's uniform.  The fact that we're debating whether he's a top 4 guy means he is at least in that neighborhood and by keeping him, the B's have depth at D.

The B's need this guy-D are prone to injuries because of the physical nature of the position...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

In short...

Stuart = Drastically undrerated by the casual viewer or square because he doesn't score.

Mcquaid = Drastically overrated by the casual viewer or square because he fights a lot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Great post, Abra.  That about sums it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In short... Stuart = Drastically undrerated by the casual viewer or square because he doesn't score. Mcquaid = Drastically overrated by the casual viewer or square because he fights a lot.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]
    And it's not like Stuart hesitates in the fighting department either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from twentyfour. Show twentyfour's posts

[QUOTE]In short... Stuart = Drastically undrerated by the casual viewer or square because he doesn't score. Mcquaid = Drastically overrated by the casual viewer or square because he fights a lot.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

I agree totally, Abra.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Stuart was the team's best defenseman when he got hurt. Absolutely the best defensive defenseman. Kampfer could be what Hunwick was, and maybe better, but he's young, sloppy in his own zone, and is prone to those rookie errors. This team can't afford that on its 6-man defense. I'm not a Ference fan, but he's actually played better since Stuart's injury, and maybe he's had to compensate for McQuaid and Kampfer. Look, McQuaid is a helluva enforcer type, but isn't that what they pay Thornton for? Both are future book players who will eventually be a part of the 6-man rotation. I believe that each has talent. But Chara, Boychuk, Seidenberg, Stuart, Ference is the top 5 guys and then one of those other two can take the sixth spot. Not both.

Sections
Shortcuts