Kampfer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Kampfer

Havent been able to watch the games in detail of late, just managed to catch the highlights....how does the kid Kampfer look?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Kampfer

Sharper than Hunwick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

From what I've seen, he hasn't made any obvious mistakes, and has looked decent playing with the puck in the offensive zone.  About what you could hope for from a rookie D in his first few games.  He was on the power*play last night, so someone likes what he's done.

*I take no responsibility for the association of the word 'power' with the play of that unit.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think he has looked very good.  He jumps into the play at the right times, and I haven't really seen him get caught yet.  He also uses the body when he needs to and seems a little more effective than Hunwick in that area.  It is still really early to judge this guy, but I have been really impressed so far.  And, I was a big Hunwick critic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Good skater. Fast up ice. There was one PP where he went end to end 2x and not a single other bruin skated up ice with him so he had to just dump it in the corner and Buf cleared. He looked better than other D have on the PP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Watch him now in a spoked B because guaranteed Julien will tell Chiarelli to send a youthful improvement to the Bruins D down because he prefers veterans. Mark it down as Uncle Fester still rules this boring version of the Bs!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

He clearly is the best offensive D-man on the team.  He created the space and   made the sharp pass on the Ryder goal.  He is also very strong on his skates.  He isn't strong enough to knock another player down or deliver a really big hit, but he is always upright enough to make a play with his stick.  He is also positionally sound.  THat is what I have seen in the past three games.  It may change, but he is what we saw in the preseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

wow nice, he seemed pretty polished for a rookie & looked good in preseason....like to hear it, hopefully he keeps ramping up & team allows him to play "his" game ya know.  Thanks fellas, big tilt tonight, enjoy it!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kamfer actually has made Seidenberg look better as the two are now the best Bruins defensive duo. He rarely falls into the rookie habit, like McQuaid, of passing off rather than carrying the puck out. Mcquaid looks to his more experienced partner as a safety valve, Kamfer works with Seids as a complimentary player. He is both confident and capable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from H8urguts. Show H8urguts's posts

Hasn't looked out of place at all, should take McQuaid's place when Stu is healthy (although Stu vs McQuaid may be a tough decision too).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

My eyes tell me he is currently a top 4 defenseman on this team, and will be for a long time.  It would not surprise me one bit if he swaps spots with Boychuck, it seems they tried it on a shift or two last night, and with Seidenberg being more than competent with the puck the complimentary skillsets may work better with a shooter and puck mover on each line.

How nice will it be when Stuart Mcquaid and to some degree Ferrence are fighting for the final two D spots?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

I was at the game last night, Kampfer looked good, McQuaid looked good,Boychuck was ok, Ferrence  is no good. When Stuart comes back, hopefully Ferrence is gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Kamfer and Mcquaid are both better than Ference. A Healthy Stuart should result in Ference sitting, but most likely Kampfer will go back to the Baby B's.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer:
    Kamfer and Mcquaid are both better than Ference. A Healthy Stuart should result in Ference sitting, but most likely Kampfer will go back to the Baby B's.
    Posted by bluefox70

Nonsense.  There is a reason why Ference leads the team in +/-.  He has been very solid all year.  A much more well-rounded player than McQuaid too.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

he kind of reminds me of Bryan Rafalski. looks like he belongs in the N.H.L.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Exactly. Ference is clearly an ON or OFF player, but this season with very, very few exceptions he's been ON all the time.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Chara- Ference, Stuart  - Boychuck, Seidenberg - Kampfer the rest of the year, with Chara, Boychuck and Kampfer on the PP units.

In Response to Re: Kampfer : Nonsense.  There is a reason why Ference leads the team in +/-.  He has been very solid all year.  A much more well-rounded player than McQuaid too.
    Posted by Fletcher1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer : Nonsense.  There is a reason why Ference leads the team in +/-.  He has been very solid all year.  A much more well-rounded player than McQuaid too.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Another thing about Ference is fans might say "oh well he plays with Chara that's why his numbers look good." Not true he plays with McQuaid and Boychuk. This is the reason for his great +/- is he steadies the younger Dmen when he is out on the ice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kampfer : Another thing about Ference is fans might say "oh well he plays with Chara that's why his numbers look good." Not true he plays with McQuaid and Boychuk. This is the reason for his great +/- is he steadies the younger Dmen when he is out on the ice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

For most fans it's easier to point out the odd bad pass than to acknowledge the solid all-around play which Ference has brought the better part of this season.

Sections
Shortcuts