Kane and Toews Need Extensions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kane and Toews Need Extensions

Man, and we thought the B's have it tough due to cap restrictions:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=721658&navid=nhl:topheads

Will be interesting to see what Bowman has to sacrifice to get those two extensions. Can't keep everyone....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Kane and Toews Need Extensions

Bowman is going to have to hope for some sort of hometown discounts.

They went through this after the 2010 cup. They had to move on from a number of players after that season. Buf, Ladd, etc. It shows what a terrific organization they've been lately. Keep the big guys (Kane, Toews, Keith) and fill in with guys coming up within the system and a couple of well chosen role players via FA or trade. It will be interesting to see how they maneuver this time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Hossa's contract's going to start looking like an anchor soon....  only seven years left to go....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hossa's contract's going to start looking like an anchor soon....  only seven years left to go....

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

[/QUOTE]

Cap hit is tiny compared to what he brings 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:[QUOTE]

Hossa's contract's going to start looking like an anchor soon....  only seven years left to go.... [/QUOTE]

$5.25 cap hit for 30 goals but, this year, was the 1st time he broke 30 since 2009. I say Hossa gets at least 2 more years before Bowman starts to cut ties with a buyout.

Amazing Marian makes $7.9M but his cap hit is that low.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The joys of front loaded contracts.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

$5.25 cap hit for 30 goals but, this year, was the 1st time he broke 30 since 2009. I say Hossa gets at least 2 more years before Bowman starts to cut ties with a buyout.

[object HTMLDivElement]

that's because he's so often injured....  don't expect him to get any healthier the older he gets either....  maybe he should get some tips from countryman Z-Man....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no front loaded contracts, the average is spread out through the deal I thought.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If two players are going to get paid, these are the two I would pay. They did once before when they had to cut ties with Ladd,Buff and Campbell. This is where good drafting comes in. They do it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is no front loaded contracts, the average is spread out through the deal I thought.

[/QUOTE]

It's the AAV that counts against the cap. In Hossa's case he has a 12 year contract (I think) that pays him 7.9m/year for the first 6 or 7 years then it drops to 4m, then 1m/year for the last few. When you average the entire value of the contract over the 12 years it comes out to $5.275m/yr.

So yeah, it's front loaded in that Hossa gets more money in the early/middle part of the contract and less in the last portion.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

How about they swap wingers? Marchand for Sharp. Both are UFAs the same year. Chicago clears off $1.5 mil to put towards those needed extensions while still getting a solid #2 winger for the short term. Boston gets a proven LW to ride with Bergeron.

Done. Easy. Next.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about they swap wingers? Marchand for Sharp. Both are UFAs the same year. Chicago clears off $1.5 mil to put towards those needed extensions while still getting a solid #2 winger for the short term. Boston gets a proven LW to ride with Bergeron.

Done. Easy. Next.

[/QUOTE]

I don't see the benefit to the bruins...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sharp does hit the net...

Are you not entertained?!?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

....and is a bona fide first liner, and an Olympian, and has more than one move, and isn't a penalty magnet, and...well, you get the picture....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Add a bad goalie contract holding teams back.  Goalies shouldnt get more then 4 m max. 5 m if you get 250 wins.  I hate goalies.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are you not entertained?!?!

[/QUOTE]
    ...and they play Sharp Dressed Man when he steps on the ice after being named one of the game stars.  I've always liked that song.  It brings me back to the days of Don Cherry's Grapevine.  I loved that intro with all the Bruins kicking arss. Get it done, PC.

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

It brings me back to the days of Don Cherry's Grapevine.  I loved that intro with all the Bruins kicking arss. Get it done, PC.

[/QUOTE]

I remember that. My favorite part was the slow mo of Middleton deking what seemed to be the whole Nords team and kicking the puck up to his stick for the goal...nice!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]

I remember that. My favorite part was the slow mo of Middleton deking what seemed to be the whole Nords team and kicking the puck up to his stick for the goal...nice!!

[/QUOTE]

I tried to find that intro and I can't find it.  You'd think someone would've put that on youtube.  Either way, I remember that Middleton goal as well.  I also remember it showing a Bruin challenging the whole bench of another team (Minnesota, maybe?).

***Follow Fluto on twitter.  He's awesome.***

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I tried to find that intro and I can't find it.  You'd think someone would've put that on youtube.  Either way, I remember that Middleton goal as well.  I also remember it showing a Bruin challenging the whole bench of another team (Minnesota, maybe?).  [/QUOTE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUucv6tRh88

Minnesota

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]

I tried to find that intro and I can't find it.  You'd think someone would've put that on youtube.  Either way, I remember that Middleton goal as well.  I also remember it showing a Bruin challenging the whole bench of another team (Minnesota, maybe?).

[/QUOTE]

Dawg is right. I believe it was Wensink challenging the Minny bench...no takers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dawg is right. I believe it was Wensink challenging the Minny bench...no takers.

[/QUOTE]

It was & there weren't.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Done. Easy. Next.

[/QUOTE]

Asmaha, rid yourself of this affliction - Marchand for Sharp.

A 25-year-old for a 32-year-old? Sharp has been on the downhill slope for a couple of years, already. He won't have much time left.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

After what looked to me to be a subpar playoffs, my guess is that they move Seabrook and lock these two up this summer for as long as possible.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After what looked to me to be a subpar playoffs, my guess is that they move Seabrook and lock these two up this summer for as long as possible.

[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Very possible. 

Sections
Shortcuts