Kane/Toews Ask for $12mill per season!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kane/Toews Ask for $12mill per season!!

Wow!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455746

However, Bob Mackenzie suggests they may end up with "only" $10 mill per season. Anyone still think Krecji will be satisfied with $6 mill or JB with $4 mill?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kane/Toews Ask for $12mill per season!!

I hope they get it.  Those salaries will sink that team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Dk and JB arent in either of their class but will get a big raise.  Chicago has the ability to dump a Sharp abd replace with Saad.  Shaw and Kruger are battle tested as well.  They are 5 deep on the back end and could easily deal a guy like Seabrook.  Keeping Toews and Kane wont be that hard.  Imagine the young talent they can get for Sharp and one of their dmen   They could essentially deal Sharp and Seabrook to create cap space and get a truck load of young players back.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They would sink any team....yikes! That would us up almost a third of the teams cap space if they both got 12mill.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Dk and JB arent in either of their class but will get a big raise.  Chicago has the ability to dump a Sharp abd replace with Saad.  Shaw and Kruger are battle tested as well.  They are 5 deep on the back end and could easily deal a guy like Seabrook.  Keeping Toews and Kane wont be that hard.  Imagine the young talent they can get for Sharp and one of their dmen   They could essentially deal Sharp and Seabrook to create cap space and get a truck load of young players back.  

Very true but I don't think those moves would actually make the team any better. This would turn them into the Pens of the West.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Going to be tough to sustain if they do this. Put it another way: A Team can have Kane, or they can have Krejci, Boychuck and Koko all together for the same price. I know which way I'd pick.

Either way, PC might as well kick the tires on Sharp. Something's gotta give with Chicago, so open season on their next best group of players. How does Hossa's deal work against the cap now that he's 35? The term is just silly, but are there savings there that kick in this season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Very true but I don't think those moves would actually make the team any better. This would turn them into the Pens of the West.

Pens dont have the goalie or keith oduya nik or leddy.  Pens dont have two way fwds like toews hossa. Pens dont have grit like bickell shaw.  You add the young talent that a guy like seabrook would net you and sharp and build around kane toews.  

Seabrook would bring in a massive haul.  Sharp would also bring in some nice pieces.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seabrook would bring in a massive haul.  Sharp would also bring in some nice pieces.  

I agree but the pieces would have t be prospects and draft picks....neither of which will help them immediately.

Taking away the leagues best #2 dman and a consistently prolific scorer will hurt the team...make no mistake. But they may soon find they have no other good options. This is getting interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Taking away the leagues best #2 dman and a consistently prolific scorer will hurt the team...make no mistake. But they may soon find they have no other good options. This is getting interesting.

Whoa.  That's a bit aggressive.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I agree but the pieces would have t be prospects and draft picks....neither of which will help them immediately.

No they wouldnt.  You cancel out Seabrook for a Simmonds for example...you replace Sharp with a young dman.  That leaves chicago with their shutdown pair in Nik Oduya.  Keith with new young dman or Leddy.   Thats a 7-8 million dollar savings and you talent isnt destroyed bc they are deep.  

Seabrook is a fantastic dman.  But they have 5 dmen that can play top minutes.  Id deal Seabrook bc of the players he could bring in.  Think Florida would do 1st round (Ekblad) for Seabrook?   

Chicago is in a great position bc these guys are great players.  Plus they are deep.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sharp was their best player for long stretches last year and their most reliable scorer.  He led them in goals and points in the regular season (Kane would have if he hadn't missed games).  He was a credible player for Team Canada at the Olympics.  No small loss.  But I guess we know where Teravainen fits into their roster next year....

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Think Florida would do 1st round (Ekblad) for Seabrook?   

Only if Tallon is still secretly on the Hawks payroll...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Even with the cap going up, nobody should make more than Crosby. If there were an argument as to who should make the same or close to him it's these two. Not at 12 million per though, no way.

We'll see how good Toews intangibles are when he doesn't have much of a supporting cast because of those contracts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Bergeron just beat out Toews for the Selke, and outscored him last season, and he wants almost TWICE the amount Bergeron makes?

Either Toews is nuts, or Boston totally screwed over Bergeron.

Oh, and Bergeron out-scored Kane, as well.

But I hope they get what their asking for, although I don't understand why Kane should make the same as Toews.

So much for the much talked about but rarely seen, "home town discount".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I hope they get it.  Those salaries will sink that team.

Spot on, NAS.

In very little time it will be Toews and Kane with a supporting cast from Rockford Starving Dogs, or whatever their farm team is called.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Its totally rediculous to ask for 12 m and even settling at 10, the league knows this as well as we do, there going to drive the tickets up more and more to accomodate these bs players that want the money but dont care about the fans. No one is worth that kind of money , baseball maybe because they can house over 50 T fans and olay 162 games, Its just rediculous, Chicagos chances of winning the cup by giving that much just went down, way down.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Wonder if they could trade Kane + to buffalo for the first overall pick if that's where it ends up in the mcdavid draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Wonder if they could trade Kane + to buffalo for the first overall pick if that's where it ends up in the mcdavid draft

They could leverage it further by making it for their the Buffalo pick or the NYI pick from the Vanek deal.  There's no way either of those finish out of the bottom five.

But, you know, I don't think I would do it.  Kane is pretty awesome.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

... and they get $10.5m each.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Seems about right

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Let's re-visit this then. So if Kane and Toews are worth $10.5 mill per, how much is Krecji worth?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bowman now has $65M committed to 2015-2016 with 4 defenseman and 3 forward spots to fill next summer. Chicago is $2.2M over as of today. Talk about a GM that will need the cap ceiling to go up about $10m next summer.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Wow!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455746" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455746" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=455746

However, Bob Mackenzie suggests they may end up with "only" $10 mill per season. Anyone still think Krecji will be satisfied with $6 mill or JB with $4 mill?

I hate Chicago - they're one of the worst cities in the Union.

I hope both Toews and Kane get their money.   Chicago won't win another Cup for another 40 years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Makes me feel better about the Bruins contracts.  Bergeron @ $6.5M per year vs Toews @ $10.5M? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Let's re-visit this then. So if Kane and Toews are worth $10.5 mill per, how much is Krecji worth?

6.5? 7? I dont even know.

Sections
Shortcuts