Karlsson hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Karlsson hurt

Taken into the boards by Cooke, seemed like an ordinary check into the boards but the result didn't look good. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Karlsson hurt

Ratt Cooke finds a new way to injure players.  The good old skate blade to back of ankle.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Ratt Cooke finds a new way to injure players.  The good old skate blade to back of ankle.

I didn't see that on the replay, i'll have to look again. It'll be replayed to death, thats for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

They will be calling this " the Cooke slice".. Why was his skate that high off the ice?  And then come down over the flap and clearly you can read Karlsson's lips as he tells the ref " I've been cut".. Looked nasty...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonbruins12. Show Bostonbruins12's posts

Without Spezza and Karlsson....Sens are done ..no playoffs hope

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just heard his achilles heel got cut and will need surgery,   he's done !

(edit) Lacerated !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Sliced Achilles Tendon... Probably gone for year ... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

When will the league do something about Matt Cooke? Okay, it's hard to judge intent... but his history speaks for itself. The Pens announcers are ridiculous saying, "you can't just assume he was trying to injure because of his past play, he's been a changed man..." Bullspit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655594

This was the play. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Murray doesn't think it was an accident .

2m Elliotte Friedman Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Ottawa GM talking to media RT @JoshYohe_Trib Murray: "It's Matt Cooke. What else should I say? Watch the replay."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I say 100% deliberate.

I can't imagine going into the boards with someone like that and having your foot up that high and instead of coming straight down you pull your foot back without it being intentional.  

That punk deserves the worst.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Even as bad as Cooke is i just can't envision him thinking i'm deliberately going to slice this guy with my skate, nail a guy with a blindsude hit to the head, yes, but to intentionally cut a guy with his skate. I can't believe it, even from him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Even as bad as Cooke is i just can't envision him thinking i'm deliberately going to slice this guy with my skate, nail a guy with a blindsude hit to the head, yes, but to intentionally cut a guy with his skate. I can't believe it, even from him.

SO he's a big enough dirtbag to try and hurt a guy one way but not another? I don't understand your logic here.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I just don't think he would intentionally cut another player with his skate, thats all i'm saying. In Cooke's mind the hits to the head were legit hockey plays, i don't think he would consider intentionally slicing a player with his skate a hockey play.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

PURE SCUM BAG. What else can you call that piece of shite.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I say 100% deliberate.

I can't imagine going into the boards with someone like that and having your foot up that high and instead of coming straight down you pull your foot back without it being intentional.  

I don't like Cooke but this is not deliberate IMO.  Cooke tried to pin him to the boards and when the skate comes down on the back of his leg Cooke is looking the other way. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I hate Cooke like everyone else but no way was that deliberate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I've watched this play, over and over...it sure looks like it was intentional to me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Tough call -- Cooke really cooled down his act lately. Watched this over quite a few times and like to think it was innocent but never seen anyone come in from behind like that. Tough break for the Sens. Didn't need another addition to the injury list.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

When will the league do something about Matt Cooke? Okay, it's hard to judge intent... but his history speaks for itself. The Pens announcers are ridiculous saying, "you can't just assume he was trying to injure because of his past play, he's been a changed man..." Bullspit.

They just showed the slice n dice 4 times on NHL Network and it is clear that Cooke lifted up his left skate then kicked down on the back of Karlsson back leg. This is on Bettman, Colin Campbell and the NHL!

Ray Shero and Mario are going to lobby this one to death to keep Cooke on the ice.There is a disticnt possibilty that Karlsson might not skate like he has been if the tendon was sliced in half.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I havent seen it yet so i will reserve judgement.  But if he tried to do this a million times again he like cant duplicate it.  Everything that would have to come into play on this for it to occur from karlsson to cooke would be hard.  If it werent Cooke no one says a word.  Im ill thinking about this.   Karlsson to me is the most exciting player in the league to watch.  Get well soon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I say 100% deliberate.

I don't like Cooke but this is not deliberate IMO.  Cooke tried to pin him to the boards and when the skate comes down on the back of his leg Cooke is looking the other way. 

Watch his knee, his knee remains in contact with Karlsson the whole time.  He doesn't have to be looking at Karlsson, he can feel him.

I will revise what I said.  I will now say 85% he intentionally did it.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I say 100% deliberate.

Watch his knee, his knee remains in contact with Karlsson the whole time.  He doesn't have to be looking at Karlsson, he can feel him.

I will revise what I said.  I will now say 85% he intentionally did it.  

Are you saying he intentionly tried to cut his achilles?  i need to know if he thought of this before the game or just at the last second.  

Cooke-  hmmm.  I'm bored, i havent hurt anyone in a while, maybe i can add a new twist to my game and perfectly position a human being on skates and cut his achilles and ruin his career, All while perfectly positioning myself on skates.  Yeah lets do that.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I don't think he intentionally gashed him but I think he was trying to slew foot him. Is that better? I dunno. He should have answered the call when Neal went after him though, intentional or not. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Are you saying he intentionly tried to cut his achilles?  i need to know if he thought of this before the game or just at the last second.  

Cooke-  hmmm.  I'm bored, i havent hurt anyone in a while, maybe i can add a new twist to my game and perfectly position a human being on skates and cut his achilles and ruin his career, All while perfectly positioning myself on skates.  Yeah lets do that. 

"I havent seen it yet so i will reserve judgement.  But if he tried to do this a million times again he like cant duplicate it."

All this after posting that you haven't seen the video yet. Absolutely Priceless!

Sections
Shortcuts