Karlsson hurt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Karlsson hurt

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

Are you saying he intentionly tried to cut his achilles?  i need to know if he thought of this before the game or just at the last second.  

Cooke-  hmmm.  I'm bored, i havent hurt anyone in a while, maybe i can add a new twist to my game and perfectly position a human being on skates and cut his achilles and ruin his career, All while perfectly positioning myself on skates.  Yeah lets do that. 

"I havent seen it yet so i will reserve judgement.  But if he tried to do this a million times again he like cant duplicate it."

All this after posting that you haven't seen the video yet. Absolutely Priceless!

Its on every sports channel in canada priceless one.  I watched it 5 minutes after my first post.  Let me ask a question.  Did cooke sharpen his skates before he committed this intentional act.  Maybe interview the trainers.  I mean he may have practiced this move.  i wonder if he is gonna do the will farrell move when he cuts a guys head off in figure skatinf next for an encore.  

Yeah, but im priceless.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Ooops.  Sorry.  11 minutes after my first post.  But way to mix them up to prove a point.  Good job at that.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How can anyone say he did or did not mean to do it?  No one knows.  It's possible that he knew exactly where his foot was and tried to inflict injury.  It's possible he was trying to put his skate down.  Both "100% intentional" and "no way he meant to do that" factions are off base.

Either way, I hope they decide that he did mean it and kick him out of the league.  He should have been kicked out years ago.  He's like one of those guys Dukakis freed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nas nailed it on this one. The play wasn't definitive but Cooke deserves to get thrown out anyway. The play wouldn't be questioned at all if a less scummy player was involved.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

How can anyone say he did or did not mean to do it?  No one knows.  It's possible that he knew exactly where his foot was and tried to inflict injury.  It's possible he was trying to put his skate down.  Both "100% intentional" and "no way he meant to do that" factions are off base.

Either way, I hope they decide that he did mean it and kick him out of the league.  He should have been kicked out years ago.  He's like one of those guys Dukakis freed.

I'll take this one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ha no Norris for this talented winger I mean dman. A dman that doesn't play the pk is not elite is a complete joke watch him in his own zone is like watching corvo working the zone a second away from a goal. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

As for Cooke death penalty he is the reason we don't have a pp. Imagine a healthy savard in our lineup just hand over the cup now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Ha no Norris for this talented winger I mean dman. A dman that doesn't play the pk is not elite is a complete joke watch him in his own zone is like watching corvo working the zone a second away from a goal. 

Disappear.  Once upon a time there was one of the greatest hockey players to ever play who wore the bruins jersey and changed the way dmen play.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Cooke will not get any love on a Bs board, but I agree with NAS.  Ottawa should make a trade for Kane!  

IMO it was deliberate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J63qxwekH4

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I want to say he didn't intend that. That is far from someone's first thought when going into the boards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Deliberately trying to slice a guy's Achilles? I have a hard time believing that, even if it is slimebag Cooke. I suppose it's possible, but, in my eyes, unlikely. Yeah, his feet should be down, but still...looks like an unfortunate circumstance to me. Only Cooke truly knows. His rep is bad enough, I can't imagine he wants or needs this hanging over his head, especially since he has been pretty much on the straight and narrow for a year now. Again, who knows?

I just feel bad for Karlsson, kid is a great skater, this could really diminish his career. Sens fans must be besides themselves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Disappear.  Once upon a time there was one of the greatest hockey players to ever play who wore the bruins jersey and changed the way dmen play.  

So your saying Orr wasn't good in his zone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nas nailed it on this one. The play wasn't definitive but Cooke deserves to get thrown out anyway. The play wouldn't be questioned at all if a less scummy player was involved.

Yep. If it were anyone else this is just an "unfortunate hockey play".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

From another angle...

Sweden's olympic team just took a big hit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

So your saying Orr wasn't good in his zone?

Im saying orr is the best defenseman ever and spent more time in the offensive zone.  Why?  Bc he could.   He changed the game.  Karlsson is the most exciting player in hockey to watch.  He logs major minutes and is an offensively brilliant.  He gets beat on occasion and doesnt hit that much, mainly bc his skating takes him where he wants to go.   Not sure how you can laugh at someone getting hurt so bad.   The game needs young guys like him.  

Orr paved the way and changed the game for guys like karlsson.   I would absolutely be thrilled to have him.  Hes amazing and fun to watch.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Am I the only one that thought he was trying to slew foot him but then bailed on it? Is this thing on <taps the mike>.

I just can't imagine Cooke trying to intentionally slice him. That's evil even for him.

Skinner on the other hand........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to nrguy's comment:

Am I the only one that thought he was trying to slew foot him but then bailed on it? Is this thing on <taps the mike>.

I just can't imagine Cooke trying to intentionally slice him. That's evil even for him.

I don't think so, they were both going after the puck against the boards,Cooke is following Karlsson in with the intention of pinning him to the boards. When you watch it at real time i don't see how a person could think that Cooke is planning all the while to slice Karlsson's achille's. When the clip is slowed right down it looks alot more sinister but i still don't think he meant to do it. This would be evil even for a slimeball like Cooke if it was intentional. It was an unfortunate hockey play, imo.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to nrguy's comment:

I don't think so, they were both going after the puck against the boards,Cooke is following Karlsson in with the intention of pinning him to the boards. When you watch it at real time i don't see how a person could think that Cooke is planning all the while to slice Karlsson's achille's. When the clip is slowed right down it looks alot more sinister but i still don't think he meant to do it. This would be evil even for a slimeball like Cooke if it was intentional. It was an unfortunate hockey play, imo.  

Thank yo

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Didn't look intentional to me. Sens fans online seem more incensed at the refs missing the puck hitting the netting and allowing the play to continue, when the injury happened.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Karlsson (insert Savard), kid is a great skater (insert Savard as a great playmaker), this could really diminish his career. Sens fans must be besides themselves.

^I know how that feels^. With Shero and Mario behind him, Shanahan will say "that there is no proof that Cooke meant this". It will be said with a smile and Cooke will be out trying to end more NHL hockey careers as soon as the Pens take the ice again.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

Karlsson ( insert Savard), kid is a great skater ( insert Savard as a great playmaker), this could really diminish his career. Sens fans must be besides themselves.

^I know how that feels^. With Shero and Mario behind him, Shanahan will say "that there is no proof that Cooke meant this". It will be said with a smile and Cooke will be out trying to end more NHL hockey careers as soon as the Pens take the ice again.

I wonder if Cooke had the trainers put a bullseye on karlsson sock and ensure he didnt have the kevlar socks.  maybe cooke can put a razor blade on his stick blade as well.  I bet the pens organization is giggling over this one.  They had a guy intentionally position karlsson leg at full speed and that cooke is so skilled he waited for the exact moment when his foot bent so he could intentionally cut karlssons achilles.  The skate that have achilles protectors that mesh with the shin pads.   Cooke is a magician.  

those pens are pretty crafty.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: I wonder if Cooke had the trainers put a bullseye on karlsson sock and ensure he didnt have the kevlar socks.    They had a guy intentionally position karlsson leg at full speed and that cooke is so skilled he waited for the exact moment when his foot bent so he could intentionally cut karlssons achilles.  [/QUOTE]

Your posts get dumber and dumber after claiming you watched the replay. Niether player were at full speed, so now you're grasping at A point to drive home. My how hard it must be for you to wonder when someone has a different view of what really happened.

I'm sure your application for employment as a lobbyist for the NHL is under review.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lifted his leg with a distinct downward kicking motion. Thats what I saw. Did he mean to do it? Only that idiot knows for sure, but he has ended one career and who knows what he's done to this one..He's certainly altered it in a negative way..Either Brendan Shanahan takes him out of the league or Chris Neil does it April 22nd..Only two options I see here. I hope the NHL does the right thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to shuperman's comment: I wonder if Cooke had the trainers put a bullseye on karlsson sock and ensure he didnt have the kevlar socks.    They had a guy intentionally position karlsson leg at full speed and that cooke is so skilled he waited for the exact moment when his foot bent so he could intentionally cut karlssons achilles. 

Your posts get dumber and dumber after claiming you watched the replay. Niether player were at full speed, so now you're grasping at A point to drive home. My how hard it must be for you to wonder when someone has a different view of what really happened.

I'm sure your application for employment as a lobbyist for the NHL is under review.

[/QUOTE]

Great movie San.  

A.  Karlsson of of the most agile players in hockey. 

B.  hockey players are taught to pin players by putting knee between players legs.  (Happens every game on numerous occasions). 

C.  Hockey is a game of balance.  They are both positioning for impact on that play.  

D.  If this were tim brent on cory sarich it wouldnt be talked about.  Well fletch would say i told you so.  

San,  i respect your opinion. I didnt comment on yours.  You jumped in on my opinion Immediately calling my opinion priceless.  Everyone knows matt cooke is matt cooke.  To say he intentionally attempted to do this is just crazy.  The fastest game in the world.  Matt Cooke if he tried this a million times couldnt make that happan again unless his foot was on a chopping block.  It was a freak occurence.  You can go back and review every thread ive posted on matt cooke.  Hes the worst kind.  You call mine dumb and dumber but you throw torres at me.   

Happy V Day

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like the Matt Cooke-Willie Horton comparison.  

I'm not sure if that was intentional though.  With 95% of players I would say not.  But its real hard for me to give that guy the benefit of the doubt.

It would be funny if he faced harsh justice for something minor now, as a karmic backlash for getting away with the Sarvard hit.  You know, OJ style.