KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio)

Kevin Dupont has Tweeted to keep an eye on a potential big trade with either the Blues or Coyotes. Soon after an Edmonton based radio outlet says Yotes main target is David Krejci.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio)

There maybe something to this. Now I'm just throwing this out there OK? If a Dallas was involved? Is there a possibility that Marco Sturm, a prospect & maybe a Wheeler or heaven forbid a Krejci. For Brad Richards? Remember now that Dallas is having ownership issue's & talks have stalled between both parties. Richards cap hit is 7.8, but with a DK & a Sturm gone. They'd have room & could bring Caron back in. With Brad Richards only 30 he's got a lot left in the tank. He's a proven play-off performer & a game breaker & we'd still have 3 solid centers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

If this rumour is true:

The Blues will send us Backes and Petriangelo in return we send Sturm and Krejci

Phoenix will send us Yandle and Doan in return we send Krejci Sturm and prospect

The Blues Trade

Looch Savard Horton
    Backes Bergy Rechhi
    Wheels Seguin Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Chara Petriangelo
    Boychuk Siedenberg
    McQuaid Ference

The Phoenix Trade

Looch Savard Horton
    Rechhi Bergy Doan
    Wheels Seguin Ryder
    Marchand Campbell Thornton

Chara Yandle
    Boychuk Siedenberg
    McQuaid Ference

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Doan isn't going anywhere - I think he has a better chance of becoming a Jet again before he becomes a Bruin :p

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Anybody who says to trade Krejci must really want lottery picks this year. The Bruins will sink if they get rid of him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Richards is a UFA after this season.   Anyone that trades for him does so on a playoff rental basis only.   That needs to be kept in mind when you look at trade value.   If he were in the second year of a 5 year contract at 5 million per, then his trade value would be much different.

Wheeler should not be untouchable.  In fact I'd trade Wheeler straight up for anyone that would be an impact 2nd line forward and we would have under contract for at least 2 more years.   Wheeler has potential, but I have not seen any sign that he will reach it.   I suspect he will stay a 2nd / 3rd line, 35 - 50 point player the rest of his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thnaks Tyler ! ! !  You are now my favorite player ...you one of the few that can see the real talent and Big Wheel has it ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Look first to see where the Bruins have depth= center. Savard is back as a playmaker; Kreji is also a significant playmaker; give Bergeron wings who can and do finish and he is also a playmaker +; If Wheeler is retained , he is better as a center than as a wing; Seguin will be an NHL playmaker. Then decide, or discuss, who is another team willing to trade starting with defense, and who will they take ,or desire, in return. If it's Phoenix the focus is on Yandle; If it's St. Louis, the focus is probably Eric Johnson

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Theres only one player I would trade Krecji for and hes retired.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Do not trade Krejci for Richards. You really want to trade a 23 year old who has not peaked for a 30 year old?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Krejci and Savard give you similar things... only I think Savard (when healthy... and you can't really blame his concussion on him or say he's 'injury prone' given how it happened) is marginally better at it. The future #1 center between Lucic and Horton is Seguin. As such, the Bruins now have someone back in their line-up who can fill that role, and they have someone who will take it over fairly soon. As such, he's more expendable than people think... especially given the depth at center in Providence. Also, his value is extremely high, and could actually bring back a #2 defenseman who plays a solid offensive role, who we desperately need. You've got to give up something to get something. Krejci's got the highest value of the centermen, he's relatively replaceable with people already in the ogranization, and his return gets you more than trading someone like Wheeler. Makes sense to me!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL...  everyone wants Krejci !!! He's too good and cap friendly
    If PC can count how many teams ask for Krejci he'de need 2 sets of hands and 5 toes.  uhmmmm  that makes 25 .....  anyway ,  I won't be surprised if you want to fetch a Yandle because you need to trade something good to get something for return.  Dallas has nobody that I would trade Krejci for.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio):
    [QUOTE]Theres only one player I would trade Krecji for and hes retired.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]

That's absurd. You'd say no to Krejci for Crosby? Ovi? Stamkos?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't doubt there are discussions.  The team has invited the GM to initiate discussions by playing a lot of sleepy hockey.

I have no idea why Dallas entered into this except that the media thinks Richards is unlikely to finish the season in Tejas.  Nevermind that the Stars are currently the second-best team in the West - I mean, his contract's coming up, so they have to trade him!!!!!!!!!! 

StL is a more likely fit given the history of deals since Chiarelli arrived.  They're 10th in the conference; they're a team that needs to score more goals; they just lost their best centre indefinitely to a concussion; and Brad Boyes continues to struggle to regain his 40 goal form.  Their top centres, with McDonald out, are Leaf castoff Alexander Steen and Patrick Berglund - not much experience there.  The only problem is that the Blues don't have the horses Chiarelli would want in return except for Johnson and Pietrangelo.  I doubt they deal Pietrangelo - their GM should be fired if he does - and Johnson...well, let's just say I'm not convinced he's the answer for Boston.  1 goal, 7 assists, and a -3 averaging over 23 minutes of ice?  He's third on the Blues in D scoring, and he'd be 3rd in Boston - maybe fourth if Boychuck hadn't missed ten games.  The price would be steep because he's nominally a #1 defenseman, and I don't think he answers Boston's need well enough to be worth the price at this point.  Oh, and before anyone chimes in with Carlo Colafragileo - forget it.  You think Ference is an injury in waiting?  All in all, it's Pietrangelo or bust.  Bergeron and Boston's #1 for Pietrangleo and something secondary (i.e. not Perron or Backes)....  I'd give that the best odds, but I'd still put it at about 10% chance of becoming a reality.  Though...I admit I'd love to see one of those huge trades we haven't seen in years: Bergeron, Wheeler, Ference, Stuart, and Boston's #1 for Pietrangelo, Backes, Jackman and a StL #2.  Never happen, but back in the day....

Phoenix is also weak down the middle so there's potential there.  Turris is probably the most talented centre they have, but he gets fewer minutes than Seguin (for good reason - sooooooooft).  I just can't see how a deal with the 'Yotes would help Boston.  I can't see the 'Yotes dealing Yandle, and there's no other viable candidate to come to the Bruins - Aucoin? No. Morris redux?  No.  Jovo?  No.  All three are aging and no where near what they once were offensively, which is all the more reason for Phoenix to keep Yandle as the long term cornerstone of that D.  Phoenix also leans heavily on that top four - those four get about 22min each, the bottom pairing gets about 16-17.  All those who have selected Yandle as their new binky...sorry.  I don't see it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

What exactly do the Blues have to offer? They aren't trading their young Dmen. No way Krejci gets traded for Yandle. Better to pick up a rental free agent Dman at the trade deadline for nothing. They will just have to dump some cap space at that time

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

alex pietrangelo is a stud.... just saying

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Do not trade Krejci for Richards. You really want to trade a 23 year old who has not peaked for a 30 year old?

Yea I would do it. If he wasn't an ufa next year. In a heart beat. This isn't just a 30 yr old who's past his prime here. He's still a 90+ pt producer who not only has won a cup, but a Conn Smythe. You gotta give to recieve & as a B's fan where I wanna win ASAP. That's a deal I would make everytime & all the time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio):
    [QUOTE]What exactly do the Blues have to offer? They aren't trading their young Dmen. No way Krejci gets traded for Yandle. Better to pick up a rental free agent Dman at the trade deadline for nothing. They will just have to dump some cap space at that time
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

wow !  First post I agree with you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think the Blues are the only team that makes any sense here.  The Bruins should have no interest in Doan (losing Krejci up front for old-man Doan?), and Dallas doesn't have any good D-men to spare, which is what we need.

Pietrangelo would be great, but I can't believe that the Blues would part with him.  I like David Backes a lot and he is a young guy, but ideally the Bruins are not seeking another power forward with Lucic and Horton already on the roster.  The Bruins need more speed and creativity at the forward position.  Dealing Krejci for Backes would just deepen that need.  Maybe Pietrangelo would justify that deal, but I think I'd rather hold pat with Krejci, and deal Wheeler or Sturm for a lesser return.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I have no idea why Dallas entered into this except that the media thinks Richards is unlikely to finish the season in Tejas.  Nevermind that the Stars are currently the second-best team in the West - I mean, his contract's coming up, so they have to trade him!!!!!!!!!! 

Hey BB. I put the Dallas scene in there because if Richards wasn't a UFA in July that's the kind of player that I'd like for a return. A high profile name that still produces & could help the B's win NOW! I honestly think that the B's have a far better chance of getting a Richards than they do a Yandle. I agree with your assesment on E. Johnson. Lots of upside still, but not a given. No WAY would I let DK for anyone on St.Louis, or Phx (Yandle not included)
    Getting off the DK situation & I respect your opinion. Do you think that a Keith Ballard would help the B's? Vancouver is loaded on D & have been said they'd like to add another top 9 forward. Would a Sturm & a pick/prospect get us a Keith Ballard?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Theres only one player I would trade Krecji for and hes retired.
    Posted by wallydouglas[/QUOTE]
    Harold Snepts?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Yandle is not going anywhere..

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/12/08/10/Yandle-blossoms-as-all-purpose-defensema/landing_coyotes.html?blockID=368896&feedID=4344

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If the B's want quality, they'll have to trade quality.  If you want to shore up your weakness, you deal from your strength.

Biggest strength:  Center

No one will take Savard.  Seguin isn't going anywhere.

That leaves Bergeron and Krejci.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Only a few players i would trade Krejci for are Crosby, Ovechkin, Henrik or Daniel Sedin, Datsyuk, Toews, Eric Staal, Rick Nash, Byflugien, Duncan Keith

Stamkos is a poor defensive player and i think he has hit the wall right now. Krejci brings more to the table

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Only a few players i would trade Krejci for are Crosby, Ovechkin, Henrik or Daniel Sedin, Datsyuk, Toews, Eric Staal, Rick Nash, Byflugien, Duncan Keith Stamkos is a poor defensive player and i think he has hit the wall right now. Krejci brings more to the table
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

So Stamkos hit that wall last season also ?

Come on !  I would trade Krejci for Stamkos in a heartbeat.  Like NAS said Bruins strength is at center, for now.  Stamkos could play center also.
    I doubt Tampa would do it.