KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio)

In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio):
    [QUOTE]Only a few players i would trade Krejci for are Crosby, Ovechkin, Henrik or Daniel Sedin, Datsyuk, Toews, Eric Staal, Rick Nash, Byflugien, Duncan Keith Stamkos is a poor defensive player and i think he has hit the wall right now. Krejci brings more to the table
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

you're being a homer, aside from Byfluegien, those players are franchise players... krejci is not.

if St. Louis offered one of their young stud defensemen, I would pull the trigger.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio) : Harold Snepts?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    No Dez, I think it's Brad Marsh!   lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

The Bruins just traded Jeff LoVeccio to Florida.  Don't know any other details yet. Started a Discussion.  Maybe a nothing move, maybe the start of something bigger?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]Only a few players i would trade Krejci for are Crosby, Ovechkin, Henrik or Daniel Sedin, Datsyuk, Toews, Eric Staal, Rick Nash, Byflugien, Duncan Keith Stamkos is a poor defensive player and i think he has hit the wall right now. Krejci brings more to the table
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!! Damn, i love Krejci but he's no where near any of those players (other than Buff). Krejci is a 2nd tier player that plays very well with talent around him. Everyone has been knocking Bergeron the last few seasons because of no production. First, was his injury. Secondly, when he returned he was (and continues to be) paired with a bunch of stiffs! Give Krejci an Axelsson and a Paille and see how much production you get out of him. What? 45pt season?...If that. What a coincidence that Bergeron tallied 8pts in 6 games with Lucic and Horton, the kid needs wingers. He wont say it publicly but i know for a fact that Patrice is frustrated with his role. Peter Chiarelli along with Claude promised him they will stick him with talent, ummm...I don't see it.

I am still a huge fan of putting Bergeron with Savard and Seguin. Switching Wheeler to center between Rex-Ryder, and keeping Lucic-Krejci-Horton together.

**I would not give you ANY of those players (-Buff) for TWO Krejcis!**

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

nitemare - my point about Richards wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, just the general furor around him given that he's the top offensive player on an expiring deal.  Happens all the time - fuelled by talking heads - that the rumours fly about impending UFAs even when their current teams have something to play for.

As for Ballard, he's Vancouver's sixth D but he's paid like their #2D, so he could probably be had, but he has little offensive ability and hasn't been really durable, so I don't see a fit for the Bruins.  The Bruins need to get prospects for Sturm unless they're dealing someone else for cap space - and it would need to be another $700K of cap space if they then dealt Sturm for Ballard ($3.5 for $4.2).  Not worth it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio) : No Dez, I think it's Brad Marsh!   lol
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Yes,another fine player.Good for a goal every 3 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Stamkos is a poor defensive player and i think he has hit the wall right now. Krejci brings more to the table

You have lost your marbles! Stamkos can be taught defense. You can't teach his shot, timing & vision! As much as I like DK, a choice between SS & DK is a no brainer!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

As for Ballard, he's Vancouver's sixth D but he's paid like their #2D, so he could probably be had, but he has little offensive ability and hasn't been really durable, so I don't see a fit for the Bruins.  The Bruins need to get prospects for Sturm unless they're dealing someone else for cap space - and it would need to be another $700K of cap space if they then dealt Sturm for Ballard ($3.5 for $4.2).  Not worth it.
    Fair enough BB. I always thought Ballard was supposed to be someone better with his stick besides using it for a bb bat. So far he's under achieved & I didn't realize he was making that much! i thought it was more along the 2 mil mark, my fault for not checking.
    What if Streit becomes available after he's not injured? What's your opinion on him?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci and Savard give you similar things... only I think Savard (when healthy... and you can't really blame his concussion on him or say he's 'injury prone' given how it happened) is marginally better at it. The future #1 center between Lucic and Horton is Seguin. As such, the Bruins now have someone back in their line-up who can fill that role, and they have someone who will take it over fairly soon. As such, he's more expendable than people think... especially given the depth at center in Providence. Also, his value is extremely high, and could actually bring back a #2 defenseman who plays a solid offensive role, who we desperately need. You've got to give up something to get something. Krejci's got the highest value of the centermen, he's relatively replaceable with people already in the ogranization, and his return gets you more than trading someone like Wheeler. Makes sense to me!
    Posted by Tommy617[/QUOTE]

Krejci replaceable? By who? Thank goodness your not running the team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Krejci makes everyone around him better. Franchise? Well he is near Franchise if you ask me. He is on the ice for all situations and last year without him was a huge reason we lost to the flyers

Stamkos as great of a sniper he is , has got tremendous help from Martin St Louis. But how can he still be -1? with 40 points?

I'm sure most of you would trade for Stamkos in a heartbeat but i would think long and hard and in the end wouldn't for Krejci.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

yaz- your passion for DK is admirable, but I think you are way off.

I would take Stamkos in a second over DK.  Not a knock on DK at all, but SS is arguably the best player in the game right now.  Also, SS is +5, not sure sure where your -1 comes from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KD reports B's in touch with Blues & Yotes, PHX wants Krejci (CA radio) : That's absurd. You'd say no to Krejci for Crosby? Ovi? Stamkos?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Stamkos, ya, crosby is a wimp whiner and ovi is just not bruins type.
    It was more of a if there was a Ray or bobby available then heck ya.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]If the B's want quality, they'll have to trade quality.  If you want to shore up your weakness, you deal from your strength. Biggest strength:  Center No one will take Savard.  Seguin isn't going anywhere. That leaves Bergeron and Krejci.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Finally- someone else gets it. That's why Savard was being shopped all summer.
    There needs to be a plan in place to balance this roster to try and fill the holes and bring this team to the next level.You think the Kessel threads were bad ?...see what happens if they trade one of those two-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Dealing Kreji for a high quality, and young, defenseman makes sense. However, there are other alternatives than Kreji. Wheeler plays better at center, so sending Wheels out for a skilled, not necessarily stud , Defenseman makes sense. Some of the St' Louis news indicate that Ryder is on their radar, if not Pietrangelo or johnson, who might fit the bill?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Bogie - as I wrote above, StL hasn't got anyone worth looking at on D other than the big two.  Coca Colaiacovo?  No.  Barret Jackman?  No.  And they need a centre as much as any team in the league.

Wensink - Lol.  The only thing that might save us is that you're the closest thing to an anti-Bergeron or anti-Krejci voice on the board.  There were always more than a few anti-Kessel voices before he was dealt.

yaz - As someone else pointed out, TBay has terrible goaltending.  Terrible.  And that is dragging on Stamkos's +/-.  Not that he's a defensive superstar, but then he's still the second leading scorer in the league despite having cooled significantly of late.  It's like the second someone mentions 50 in 50, a jinx kicks in.

nitemare - Streit would certainly answer the question of whether or not the Bruins really need a "PMD" because he's posterboy for that fad - smallish, great stick skills, quick, good with the puck.  He'll frustrate you defensively - he's not as physical as Hunwick....  Again, though - the salary would kill you.  Streit's hit is $4.1M.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

All for it.  Dealing Wheeler, Ryder, Paille, et al, would yield a Montador type veteran with some puck skills who ultimately does not improve your situation much.  Dealing Krejci could bring a significan't return; a 50 point d-man in his 20's, possibly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I've got no problem dealing any of the following for what would likely be a low-yield return, but would clear cap space for a possibly better deal at the  deadline: Wheeler/Sturm/Ryder/Marchand, possibly Caron, but would hold out for more for him b/c of his potential for growth.

But sending Krejci away for anyone other than a Stamkos (and yes, I would do that deal yesterday--but, ummm...why exactly would TB want to trade the leading goal scorer in the NHL for a guy who has only 5 on the year himself???), or an equivalent star center or back-liner.

Savvy's going to need time to get back to his old self, and he's still just one minor hit away from being out of the lineup entirely...which means you need to keep Krejci especially and Bergeron for insurance should Savvy get KO'd....and in the meantime the Bruins need to win games to stay in the playoff hunt w/decent position.

Huge mistake to trade Krejci given his play-making ability, youth, and smarts--and mostly, his importance to the Bruins' overall success. Do we need to be reminded how the B's immediately went in the tank vs. Philly last year as soon as Krejci was out of the lineup? I mean, it was instantaneous. He's extremely important to this team I would have to be bowled over as a GM to accept any deal for him. Doan, Backes, etc,. does not sound like enough of a "wow" factor at all. Let's hope KPD is blowing smoke, or smoking smoke, in this regard.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I'd take Krejci over Daniel Sedin

Stamkos is a franchise player, whether he's good defensively or not

Bergeron just isn't the same offensively as he was prior to his concussion...but he would be more easily replaceable than Krejci.

Production-wise and salary considered...the clear choice is to trade Bergeron before trading Krejci

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I've got no problem dealing any of the following for what would likely be a low-yield return, but would clear cap space for a possibly better deal at the  deadline: Wheeler/Sturm/Ryder/Marchand, possibly Caron, but would hold out for more for him b/c of his potential for growth. But sending Krejci away for anyone other than a Stamkos (and yes, I would do that deal yesterday--but, ummm...why exactly would TB want to trade the leading goal scorer in the NHL for a guy who has only 5 on the year himself???), or an equivalent star center or back-liner. Savvy's going to need time to get back to his old self, and he's still just one minor hit away from being out of the lineup entirely...which means you need to keep Krejci especially and Bergeron for insurance should Savvy get KO'd....and in the meantime the Bruins need to win games to stay in the playoff hunt w/decent position. Huge mistake to trade Krejci given his play-making ability, youth, and smarts--and mostly, his importance to the Bruins' overall success. Do we need to be reminded how the B's immediately went in the tank vs. Philly last year as soon as Krejci was out of the lineup? I mean, it was instantaneous. He's extremely important to this team I would have to be bowled over as a GM to accept any deal for him. Doan, Backes, etc,. does not sound like enough of a "wow" factor at all. Let's hope KPD is blowing smoke, or smoking smoke, in this regard.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    Everyone wants to attribute the loss to the Flyers to   Boston losing Krejci.The best way to describe the situation was that Boston lost when they were down to 1 healthy top 3 center(Bergeron).Anyone who thinks Boston would've definately won had Krejci played INSTEAD of Bergy is being  a little naive I think.Krejci was simply the straw that broke the camels back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Why would the Bruins trade there best player? Krejci is the Bruins best player right now. PLay it out for the year with Krejci, Bergy & Savard & if Savard can up his value trade him in the summer to a desperate team like the Leafs or perhaps Ottawa where he stated he is willing to go. If he becomes unmovable the Bs have to move him to left wing.

But in no way would I trade Krejci before Savard or Bergeron & I love Bergeron. The Bruins are quite aware what happens when Krejci is out.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think the best way to solve our too many centers problem is to mover Bergeron to the wing.  That would allow him to play with talent, and hopefully get him out of his pass-only mentality.  He has the skills to score goals, but his first, and practically only instinct right now is to look to set other people up. 

Someone else already posted it, but if you mover Bergeron to the wing to play with Seguin and Savard, we now have two VERY dangerous lines -- Bergeron-Savy-Seguin might be better than the Kreji line once they start clicking.

Only downside is that Bergeron's defensive abilities would be somewhat underutilized as a winger, but last I checked, the Bruins need goal scoring more than they need more defensive responsibility.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]I think the best way to solve our too many centers problem is to mover Bergeron to the wing.  That would allow him to play with talent, and hopefully get him out of his pass-only mentality.  He has the skills to score goals, but his first, and practically only instinct right now is to look to set other people up.  Someone else already posted it, but if you mover Bergeron to the wing to play with Seguin and Savard, we now have two VERY dangerous lines -- Bergeron-Savy-Seguin might be better than the Kreji line once they start clicking. Only downside is that Bergeron's defensive abilities would be somewhat underutilized as a winger, but last I checked, the Bruins need goal scoring more than they need more defensive responsibility.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

I actually think Bergy on the wing is a great idea. He does have better goal-scoring potential than we've seen b/c when he plays center he does so in a 2way defensive mode, a la Michael Pecca (which is not a bad thing)...but since goal production may become more challenging as time moves on, why not give Bergy a shot at wing and make Wheeler the 3rd line center (if they're not going to move him, which so far seems the case.)

It's worth a shot--whether CJ is willing to roll the dice is another story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I would make either trade boborielly224 presented above.

Both of those deals would upgrade the Bruins as they both add a young puck moving d man and a gritty character forward.  I like Krecji as others do but these deals make sense with Savard, Bergy, Seguin, Campbell at center and minor league depth such as Colbourne, Hamil, Spooner, Sauve, etc, etc...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

too bad this rumor of one of STL's young defensemen died down, I'm getting soft.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]I think the best way to solve our too many centers problem is to mover Bergeron to the wing.  That would allow him to play with talent, and hopefully get him out of his pass-only mentality.  He has the skills to score goals, but his first, and practically only instinct right now is to look to set other people up.  Someone else already posted it, but if you mover Bergeron to the wing to play with Seguin and Savard, we now have two VERY dangerous lines -- Bergeron-Savy-Seguin might be better than the Kreji line once they start clicking. Only downside is that Bergeron's defensive abilities would be somewhat underutilized as a winger, but last I checked, the Bruins need goal scoring more than they need more defensive responsibility.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

I've been batting around a related idea in my head lately.  Who says lines have to be constant?  Start the game with:
    Bergeron-Savard-Seguin and Recchi-Wheeler-Ryder as offense top-heavy lines, and swap Bergeron and Wheeler at times when defense becomes more important (second period, late game with lead) and switch back if more offense is needed (trailing late).

Given that it's Julien we are talking about, I doubt we would see this kind of flexible arrangement though.