Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system

Do the Bruins really need Thornton in the line up ...??? Dont we have enough guys that can take care of themselves : Looch, Big Z, McQuaid, Boychuck, Horton, Ferrence, Campbell....could'nt we give a real chance to Caron on the 4th line with Paille and Hamill ???  or with Campbell and Paille ??  Dont we have some other players ready to step in or could'nt we give a trial to some other players like Lane MacDermid who is 24 a could do Thornton's job or Carter Camper ??  Not that I dont like Thornton I like him for what he has done until today but his skating is not what it was and he doesnt fight as much as he use to ..like last night Neil was after Marchand and Marchand didnt play his usual game because of that I think Thornton should have challenge Neil ...and between you and me if Caron cannot do a better job than Thornton I think we should try to trade him ....What do you think ???

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system

Keep in mind Stanley that Chiarelli needs entry level contracts over the next few years to help him resign Thomas, Lucic, Rask, Ference, Marchand and Seguin. Meaning saving a million in a half one year on Paille, Kelly, Boychuk, Pouliot, Thornton and Corvo could happen if they want the upcoming skilled free agents to stay.

If you keep all your role players or you have to let some studs walk, which ones go ? The bottom six roles just might have be filled by Knight, Spooner, Sauve and McDermind that is why I'm adamant now about getting those players NHL TOI.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Re: Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system

Caron hasnt really impressed me, but he could just need more time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm getting ready to ignore everyone who brings this up.

In Response to Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system:
    [QUOTE]Do the Bruins really need Thornton in the line up ...??? Dont we have enough guys that can take care of themselves : Looch, Big Z, McQuaid, Boychuck, Horton, Ferrence, Campbell....could'nt we give a real chance to Caron on the 4th line with Paille and Hamill ???  or with Campbell and Paille ??  Dont we have some other players ready to step in or could'nt we give a trial to some other players like Lane MacDermid who is 24 a could do Thornton's job or Carter Camper ??  Not that I dont like Thornton I like him for what he has done until today but his skating is not what it was and he doesnt fight as much as he use to ..like last night Neil was after Marchand and Marchand didnt play his usual game because of that I think Thornton should have challenge Neil ...and between you and me if Caron cannot do a better job than Thornton I think we should try to trade him ....What do you think ??? Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In Response to Re: Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system:
    [QUOTE]Keep in mind Stanley that Chiarelli needs entry level contracts over the next few years to help him resign Thomas, Lucic, Rask, Ference, Marchand and Seguin. Meaning saving a million in a half one year on Paille, Kelly, Boychuk, Pouliot, Thornton and Corvo could happen if they want the upcoming skilled free agents to stay. If you keep all your role players or you have to let some studs walk, which ones go ? The bottom six roles just might have be filled by Knight, Spooner, Sauve and McDermind that is why I'm adamant now about getting those players NHL TOI.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

You got a point ...but how much more a guy like MacDermid would cost ??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In Response to Re: Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting ready to ignore everyone who brings this up. In Response to Keeping Thornton in the line up says a lot about Caron's value or anyone else in our system :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that one.

Stanley:

I don't understand why you seem to think that just because we have players that can stand up for themselves means we don't need an extra enforcer? Sure Lucic, Campbell, Z, Mcquaid, Boychuck, etc can stand up for themselves. That doesn't mean you should WANT them to. If Lucic or Horton or any of those listed above breaks their hand on someone's face what good does that do us? Or if they get hit and bust their nose and are out for a few games? I just don't see the value there. Now if Thornton were to have the same happen to him is it as bad as losing Lucic?

Not to mention Thornton is a GOOD player. He's a beast of a forechecker, doesn't have the worst hands I've seen, will go ANYWHERE, and he brings the energy level up by just being on the bench. He's tough as nails and has a low cap hit. He's a veteran leader of the team and they seem to respond to his actions very positively.

So what you're trying to say is that one of the guys in the AHL can bring all that to the team with the same cap hit?

I respectfully disagree. Keep Thornton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

There's more to any sports team than just raw talent, everybody loves to hate on thornton but his teammates love him.  What he brings to the team can't be measured by any statistics, go back and watch the cup finals, he sat a few games and the B's were lackadasical.  He comes out flying and completely turns around the series.  Losing Thornton would be very bad for this team.  He's a leader in the lockerroom and is a key element in this team's chemistry.

Plus with the fighting?  Why would you want any of your better players fighting and being out for 5 minutes when Thornton can dance with the best of them and him being in the box for half the game won't be felt on the ice as much as some others.

Thornton's role on this team should not be underestimated but it consistenly is on this board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Stanley, your point is well taken. Most teams have moved on from the "pugilitic" need, and replaced them with 'tough" players with skill. chris Neil is 1st line and PP for Ottowa, and Carkner is a reasonable and tough defenseman. The Bruins have McQuaid; Lucic;Ference; Chara; Campbell; Boychuck; all who fit the same description of toughness combined with skill. And it's not unusual to see even the "tough" guys avoid stirring up Bergeron.