Keith Ballard Answers the Bell Against Pens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Keith Ballard Answers the Bell Against Pens

Last night's Wild/Pens game features a couple of hip-checks from Keith Ballard that resulted in fights.  Pens Chuck Kobasew and James Neal took exception to these hits and sought immediate retribution.   Interesting that in both cases, Ballard chose to answer the bell, as compared to taking the approach Orpik approach.

Ballard/Kobasew

http://www.hockey-fights.com/fightlog/details.php?id=10529

Ballard/Neal

http://www.hockey-fights.com/fightlog/details.php?id=10531

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Re: Keith Ballard Answers the Bell Against Pens

I guess having to answer for hard checks only applies to everyone BUT the Penguins. This team makes me more disgusted in them by the week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Last night's Wild/Pens game features a couple of hip-checks from Keith Ballard that resulted in fights.  Pens Chuck Kobasew and James Neal took exception to these hits and sought immediate retribution.   Interesting that in both cases, Ballard chose to answer the bell, as compared to taking the approach Orpik approach.

Ballard/Kobasew

http://www.hockey-fights.com/fightlog/details.php?id=10529

Ballard/Neal

http://www.hockey-fights.com/fightlog/details.php?id=10531

That's because Ballard has a code & plays the right way. Orpik has none & doesn't play the right way. The only thing Orpik plays really well is the victim! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If lucic, boychuk, chara and others answered the bell everytime they hit someone they would forever be in the box.  Yes they all would, but should they?   I dont see how not fighting a clown isnt answering the bell.  more then one guy could go after him.  When marchand up ended salo does that mean or does his dirty tactics does he have to fight the other teams goon?   Does Lucic have to?   Does Krug have to fight Scott?   

This answering the bell stuff is a bunch of BS.  

Answering the bell should be immediate and by anyone not just a hired goon chasing them around all game

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

If lucic, boychuk, chara and others answered the bell everytime they hit someone they would forever be in the box.  Yes they all would, but should they?   I dont see how not fighting a clown isnt answering the bell.  more then one guy could go after him.  When marchand up ended salo does that mean or does his dirty tactics does he have to fight the other teams goon?   Does Lucic have to?   Does Krug have to fight Scott?   

Here comes the Pens fans I'm sure the other one will be joining in soon,that's if he isn't busy watching his Panthers high lights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Here comes the Pens fans I'm sure the other one will be joining in soon,that's if he isn't busy watching his Panthers high lights.

Actually no.  Im not a pens fan at all.  I liked them Murray was playing there way back when.  good try though.  i dont have anyone blocked but you could be the first.  What an honor for you considering all the meatheads that come in here over the years.  You would be the top one.  Great achievement.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Fight Kobasew and Neal.

Fight Thornton.

Not the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Answering the bell should be immediate and by anyone not just a hired goon chasing them around all game

See the bold? That's the difference right there Shupe! Orpik won't. His last fight was 2010! Comon I've specifically already said numerous times. I don't believe a guy needs to fight everytime he hits somebody. But, there are times you should standup for yourself, just like Ballard did. Orpik is a coward. He wouldn't even fight Hamilton, so it's not just the goons that Orpik won't scap with. He's got no honor in his game whatsoever. He hits people with "questionable hits" then expects his teammates to standup for him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Fight Kobasew and Neal.

Fight Thornton.

Not the same.

What about Dougie Hamilton? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Kitchener shutup! The adults are talking. If you're going to add something feasible to the discussion do so, but if you're not going to bring nothing but garbage go away! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well when this game comes down to answering the bell after getting hit with a good hard legal check then this league is in worse shape than ever. If you cant take the hits then gtfo of the league, plain and simple.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Actually no.  Im not a pens fan at all.  I liked them Murray was playing there way back when.  good try though.  i dont have anyone blocked but you could be the first.  What an honor for you considering all the meatheads that come in here over the years.  You would be the top one.  Great achievement.  

Shupe you don't have to plea your case with this bozo. Just because you like a certain player from another team & his game doesn't mean your a fan of the team. I loved Matt Barnaby for crying out loud.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

See the bold? That's the difference right there Shupe! Orpik won't. His last fight was 2010! Comon I've specifically already said numerous times. I don't believe a guy needs to fight everytime he hits somebody. But, there are times you should standup for yourself, just like Ballard did. Orpik is a coward. He wouldn't even fight Hamilton, so it's not just the goons that Orpik won't scap with. He's got no honor in his game whatsoever. He hits people with "questionable hits" then expects his teammates to standup for him. 

Wasnt singling you out bud.  I just think its bs.  I dont agree on this bc i dont think orpik has to fight ST.  Other guys could have challenged him.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe you don't have to plea your case with this bozo. Just because you like a certain player from another team & his game doesn't mean your a fan of the team. I loved Matt Barnaby for crying out loud.

I normally ignore this toolbox.  I actually love a lot of others players and washington would be my second team that i like to watch.   I actually hate orpik for the record.  I just dont think he needed to fight anyone.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Well when this game comes down to answering the bell after getting hit with a good hard legal check then this league is in worse shape than ever. If you cant take the hits then gtfo of the league, plain and simple.

I agree Wally, but there are times when the other team is going to take exception. Kronwall I don't believe has ever had to fight & I can't remember him being challenged so it's obvious he has that reputation of hitting you the right way & nobody questions his type of hits. Orpik hits obvisiously along the border & other players in the league have all said the samething about the guy. He runs around like this & then NEVER backs it up. At some point he needs to, especially when he delivers hits to the Bruins. The history is so bad that considering the circumstances he should've just dropped them. Would've saved a lot of other garbage maybe. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Wasnt singling you out bud.  I just think its bs.  I dont agree on this bc i dont think orpik has to fight ST.  Other guys could have challenged him.  

Hamilton did Shupe! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

I guess having to answer for hard checks only applies to everyone BUT the Penguins. This team makes me more disgusted in them by the week.

I really hope the Pens get home ice and get over-confident...again.

Same MAF, same result!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Same MAF, same result!

To borrow a line from CactusTony, you can take that to the bank! I still think the Pens might make a move for a goalie at the deadline, just in case. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Same MAF, same result!

To borrow a line from CactusTony, you can take that to the bank! I still think the Pens might make a move for a goalie at the deadline, just in case. 

We better hope it's not Miller!! I know the B's beat him in 2010, but him in the Pens net could be dangerous. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Wrap anound Johnson

Johnson had another wrap around goal scored on him a couple of games ago. Seems to me that he is having trouble in that area. This is an area he should work on.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Shero is $5M over with LTIR. So Pittsburgh would have to jettison some expiring contracts to get Miller. That would be a tough task indeed and only if Buffalo would take the UFAs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Hamilton did Shupe! 

Great point nite.  The challenge was there.

Pretty sure Eriksson wasn't in any condition to challenge him on his own, like Kobasew or Neal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Shero is $5M over with LTIR. So Pittsburgh would have to jettison some expiring contracts to get Miller. That would be a tough task indeed and only if Buffalo would take the UFAs.

Yea fair enough dawg, a difficult task indeed. However, since we're talking about Miller. Does he go somewhere else to try & win a cup? Or, does he re-sign? Here's what I'm thinking right now. IF Quick does comeback, but he's not the same goalie when the deadline comes around. LA makes a play for Miller & Jones, or Scrivens gets moved along with another top 9 player & a conditional pick. Or do you think LA will take the chance of starting one of the inexperienced goalie's. Jones is being totally ridiculous right now...nothing like the kid I saw play for the Hitmen in Calgary a few yrs back. Ad Scrivens was playing very well too, got a little  injury & Jones has basically been the best the goalie in the league. 3 goose eggs in his 1st 6 games, 7-0 overall with a 0.89 GAA & .971 SP is just mind boggling. NEvermind these are for another thread. lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Yea fair enough dawg, a difficult task indeed. However, since we're talking about Miller. Does he go somewhere else to try & win a cup? Or, does he re-sign? Here's what I'm thinking right now. IF Quick does comeback, but he's not the same goalie when the deadline comes around. LA makes a play for Miller & Jones, or Scrivens gets moved along with another top 9 player & a conditional pick. Or do you think LA will take the chance of starting one of the inexperienced goalie's. Jones is being totally ridiculous right now...nothing like the kid I saw play for the Hitmen in Calgary a few yrs back. Ad Scrivens was playing very well too, got a little  injury & Jones has basically been the best the goalie in the league. 3 goose eggs in his 1st 6 games, 7-0 overall with a 0.89 GAA & .971 SP is just mind boggling. 

He sure is but who knows if he could sustain it over the long haul as a regular starter. I think LA is counting on Quick returning to form as i believe he's still slated to be the USA goalie in the Olympics, time will tell i guess.Regarding Miller, i think he's as good as gone and could see St. Louis making a move, they have the team to win it all but i don't know if black Jack Halak or Elliott are the answer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hamilton did Shupe! 

[/QUOTE]

Great point nite.  The challenge was there.

Pretty sure Eriksson wasn't in any condition to challenge him on his own, like Kobasew or Neal.

[/QUOTE]

It could very well be that Erikkson won't get that opportunity to challenge anyone ever again. Still having symptoms isn't a good sign at all. 

Sections
Shortcuts