Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division

Caught the Sabres/Av's intermission report tonight and KJ is predicting that the Sens will overtake the B's and finish first.  This actually makes me feel better.  I prefer when the media has no respect for the B's.  Now they have to prove everyone wrong again.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division

Not a very risky prediction. Look how the sens have been playing then look how the ruins have been playing.its really a no brainer. This team is done

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I put more faith in Stanley's predictions. Yeah, when the team looked invincible a few months ago it was a little boring. Some drama is good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I actually respect Kieth Jones even though he does color commentary for the stinkin Flyers. I don't find it unfathomable that the Bruins could be over taken by the Senators but I think no matter what happens you have to win on the road in the playoffs to succeed. So I'm not terribly worried about seedings.

The first 3 times Boston played Ottawa they scored 15 goals on them. One thing that concerns me is Ottawa's suddenly on a hot streak goalie Bishop.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Why wait to do a prediction after the Sens have closed the gap?

Putz.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Why wouldn't he predict the Sens to overtake the Bruins, both teams are going in opposite directions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Now if Julien predicts the Sens will finish first...

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

So, I went to the Amazon rain forest and I found this guy who had never seen snow let alone TV or hockey.  Lived in the forest all his life.  And I explained to this guy how the Bruins were in trouble, losing three straight and fewer than half of their games since January.  He could tell I was pretty sad.  Then I told him about the Senators and how they were winning more than they were losing, and that they had this monstrously sized goalie (he didn't know what a goalie was; I told him it was like a big monkey).  I said "do you think the Bruins or the Senators will finish first?"  He said "Bruins."  But I could tell he was just protecting my feelings.

Keith Jones doesn't care about my feelings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

You are funny BB7. Who cares what KJ says or anybody else. It will be decided
    on the ice. Lets hope the B's find there game, last year they seem to play there best hockey when there backs were agianst the wall. But that was last year 

unfortunately they do not seem to have the goaltending they had and that is what will kill them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Keith Jones ala Mike milbury, ala Pierre whatsisname are all trying to earn a buck. Unfortunately we listen , or fortunately, we turn the sound off. What do they know? Go get them Claude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

things change in a hurry folks....especially the play of goalies.  it seems amost certain, at this point, that ottawa overtakes the bruins.  that logic however, is based on the past, not the future.
    despite injury, or any other excuse someone wants to dredge up...the b's are playing pathetically....way, way worse than their skill set warrants, and in all probability, will change somewhat.  the best bruins are, and have been playing like beer leaguers.  tt and chara lead the parade.  that's not the "new reality"...it's a funk.
    if they can finish the year, somewhere near .500, there's no cause to panic.
    having said that, i don't expect them to go far in the playoffs.  i never do.  theres too much parity, and too many things that can go wrong, plus "expecting" the conference finals sets one up for too much dissapointment.  some very good teams will go down in the first round...always do.  the b's though, have as good a chance as anyone of coming out of round one.  after that, who knows.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Sens schedule is easier plus B's coach is  making excuses for losing.....recipe for losing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

The Bruins may not even make the playoffs at this rate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Jones really stepped out on a limb there. He has a 50/50 chance of being right, even i would venture a guess with those odds. With the way both teams are playing right now, he could end up making the right pick, what a gambler Jones is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

KJ simply knows how to work a calculator (or he knows someone who does).  If you take the "P10" record of each team and extrapolate it over their remaining games (as good an assumption as any), then you can easily predict their end-of-season point totals.

Based on this calculation, the East finishes like this:

1. PIT - 114 (ATL1)
    2. FLA - 96 (SE1)
    3. OTT - 95 (NE1)
    4. NYR - 112 (ATL2)
    5. PHI - 105 (ATL 3)
    6. NJ - 98 (ATL 4)
    7. WAS - 96 (SE2)
    8. BOS - 94 (NE2)

Of course, with (on average) 15% of the regular season still to go, plenty can happen, and probably will.  Wiin one game more or less than your P10 trend, and the whole thing gets jumbled.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Everyone hates a winner especially when it's Boston because our teams win so much. Then you have Canknucklehead fans who would love to proclaim that last year was a fluke if the Bruins don't make the playoffs or barley get in. I would say Vancouver fans are praying for this so they can have a "back patting I told U so party".

PS. Then again Canknucklehead fans wouldn't have this problem if they didn't A z z s handed to them at home last June.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division:
    [QUOTE]Everyone hates a winner especially when it's Boston because our teams win so much. Then you have Canknucklehead fans who would love to proclaim that last year was a fluke if the Bruins don't make the playoffs or barley get in. I would say Vancouver fans are praying for this so they can have a "back patting I told U so party". PS. Then again Canknucklehead fans wouldn't have this problem if they didn't A z z s handed to them at home last June.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

That is so pathetic.

I'm trying to add to a discussion about the topic, and you twist it around to meet your small-minded agenda.

You're a troll.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Everyone hates a winner especially when it's Boston because our teams win so much. Then you have Canknucklehead fans who would love to proclaim that last year was a fluke if the Bruins don't make the playoffs or barley get in. I would say Vancouver fans are praying for this so they can have a "back patting I told U so party". PS. Then again Canknucklehead fans wouldn't have this problem if they didn't A z z s handed to them at home last June.
    Hard to argue with that San, but it sure does look like the Canucks are primed for another trip to the finals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division : Hard to argue with that San, but it sure does look like the Canucks are primed for another trip to the finals.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    Not so fast, "Leaky" Luongo has reared his ugly head at the most inopportune of times.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division : Not so fast, "Leaky" Luongo has reared his ugly head at the most inopportune of times.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it;  he's been ugly in the 3rd period of his last two games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division : Hard to argue with that San, but it sure does look like the Canucks are primed for another trip to the finals. Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

No argument from me the Canucks are a real good team, championship caliber JP I just hate admitting it.

@49 I've never called you a troll and have always encouraged you on here so don't get your panties in a twist kid.

"Ottawa, losers again last night, must play at a .727 clip to surpass a Boston Bruins team who only needs to finish the season with 7 wins over their last 13 games."

This borrowed from another poster might be better math for you...but we know on here that you don't want the Bruins to miss the playoffs or lose the division Wink

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division : No argument from me the Canucks are a real good team, championship caliber JP I just hate admitting it. @49 I've never called you a troll and have always encouraged you on here so don't get your panties in a twist kid. "Ottawa, losers again last night, must play at a .727 clip to surpass a Boston Bruins team who only needs to finish the season with 7 wins over their last 13 games." This borrowed from another poster might be better math for you...but we know on here that you don't want the Bruins to miss the playoffs or lose the division

No sweat -- it's just that I try to be a contributor on this forum, but get my back up when the first reaction I get is some combination of words which include "Canucks/last June/riots/biting/diving". 

Back to the question of 1st in the N.E. -- expecting the B's to win 7 of their last 13, when their last 10 have been played at a .400 clip might be asking a bit much. 

And, by the way, I don't really want the B's to miss the playoffs.  I'd LOVE to see a rematch of last year's Cup Finals.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Keith Jones Predicts Sens will Finish 1st in NE Division :   And, by the way, I don't really want the B's to miss the playoffs.  I'd LOVE to see a rematch of last year's Cup Finals. Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Me too!