Kelly Missed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Kelly Missed

Has anyone heard anything at all on Chris Kelly? He is missed. This series is exposing that he is not in the line up and is there any solution to replacing him? Who do you want on that line? Florek, Paille, Caron, or someone else and then who plays on fourth line. Looks like a whole to me. Bigger concern then Bart being in the defense end.

Bobby Orr, Ray Bourque, Patrice Bergeron traditions die hard in Boston

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Kelly Missed

Is it Kelly's fault that the Bruins couldn't throw a brick in the ocean last night?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I am not sure I understand the post Hang but you are right that it is the forward crew who lost that game last night not being able to put open NET goals away time after time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins won 51 facoffs compared to 37 won by the Canadiens. I didn't see any situations, last night, where a Bruins center wasn't backchecking or got burned so badly in the defensive that they needed to be benched.

The Bruins just need to capitalize on chances. <----------- Not a specialty of Kelly's.

"Don't rush into Cinco...start with Dos!"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I think they should call up Spooner and send Florek back down. Keep the merlot line in tact and have Yeti, Spooner and Eriksson as line 3.

Jesus saves & Esposito puts in the rebound.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not so sure Kelly will be back with the Bruins next season (or McQuaid.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not so sure Kelly will be back with the Bruins next season (or McQuaid.)

[/QUOTE]

They are both signed through next season, where do they go and when? the draft?

Jesus saves & Esposito puts in the rebound.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I thought they missed Kelly for no other reason then CJ refused to put Florek out in the final 8 plus minutes so a couple were getting double shifted. I realize scoring isn't his forte but he does a lot of the little things that lead to goals.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Bruins won 51 facoffs compared to 37 won by the Canadiens. I didn't see any situations, last night, where a Bruins center wasn't backchecking or got burned so badly in the defensive that they needed to be benched.

The Bruins just need to capitalize on chances. <----------- Not a specialty of Kelly's.

[/QUOTE]

But unfortunately, lost a big one on the OT winner. Oh well, can't win them all I guess.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I thought they missed Kelly for no other reason then CJ refused to put Florek out in the final 8 plus minutes so a couple were getting double shifted. I realize scoring isn't his forte but he does a lot of the little things that lead to goals.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  If neither is going to score, Kelly is the better option.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He refused to Florek in but he put ST ....go figure

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Put Paille back on the Merlot line.   Florek or Spooner with the Swedes.  

Caron can rotate with ST when needed. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mr. Spooner will be helping the PBruins try to reach the 2nd round tonight against Springfield. So unless he was recalled this morning it's either Caron or Florek.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Well since the Bruins gave up 2 powerplay goals,yeah they probably could have used him,and the third line really hasen't been that good since he has been out.Also think Paille should go back to forth line,not a Caron fan but actually kind of liked what I saw of him in the first round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well since the Bruins gave up 2 powerplay goals,yeah they probably could have used him,and the third line really hasen't been that good since he has been out.Also think Paille should go back to forth line,not a Caron fan but actually kind of liked what I saw of him in the first round.

[/QUOTE]

The second powerplay goal was a lost draw by Bergeron, back to the blue line and in.

Do you think Kelly should replace Bergeron?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Mr. Spooner will be helping the PBruins try to reach the 2nd round tonight against Springfield. So unless he was recalled this morning it's either Caron or Florek.

With the 12:30 afternoon game, Spooner can make it back in time to Providence to play both games.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kitchener's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The second powerplay goal was a lost draw by Bergeron, back to the blue line and in.

Do you think Kelly should replace Bergeron?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know does Kelly win the face off.if yes than yes,if no than no.Hey the question was do I miss Kelly I do think he makes the third line better,and like him for killing penalties.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

He does make the 3rd line better and he is missed somewhat. The drop off isn't huge but he makes important contributions. The 3rd line has been slow out of the gate so far in the playoffs. They'll come around, I hope, thought they'd be a difference maker for us. My guess is that Kelly's out for the playoffs since we've heard nothing positive about his rehab, returning to skate etc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Who's Kelly? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to Macfact's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Has anyone heard anything at all on Chris Kelly? He is missed. This series is exposing that he is not in the line up and is there any solution to replacing him? Who do you want on that line? Florek, Paille, Caron, or someone else and then who plays on fourth line. Looks like a whole to me. Bigger concern then Bart being in the defense end.

[/QUOTE]

I would also put Paille on the list. MAde a thread about this recently and as you can see Paille's goal was huge yesterday.  What each does may not be flashy, but it's vital.

They miss McQuaid, too.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

First World place problems....

Yeah, I do think Kelly's an upgrade.  Kelly has a 20 goal season and two 15 goal seasons, and he might be better suited to the wing offensively even if he's great defensively as a C.  He has zero creativity, so he's a terrible guy to have the puck on his stick, but let him grip it and rip it and he'll get some goals.  The key is for him to have the puck for the shortest possible period of time!  In any case, huge difference between him and two guys who had 1 goal this year, though I think the benefits of having Florek play are greater in terms of him being a possible third/fourth line NHLer who will earn the coach's trust.  Lot of Kelly in Florek's game.

OMG, Florek ate Kelly!  That's why we haven't heard anything!

Are you not entertained?!?!

22. This post has been removed.