Kelly Replaces Wheeler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Kelly Replaces Wheeler

Same salary, same role (assuming Wheels never develops that scoring touch), little less size but apparently more character, and more experience.

Now PC can flip Wheeler for a d-man and the team is up one d-man without hurting the forward group; all for a 2nd round pick.

Everyone bashing this trade needs to calm down. The deadline is still a ways away, but I'd personally like to see PC hold onto all of the remaining picks and go for it next year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Kelly Replaces Wheeler

In Response to Kelly Replaces Wheeler:
    [QUOTE]Same salary, same role (assuming Wheels never develops that scoring touch), little less size but apparently more character, and more experience. Now PC can flip Wheeler for a d-man and the team is up one d-man without hurting the forward group; all for a 2nd round pick. Everyone bashing this trade needs to calm down. The deadline is still a ways away, but I'd personally like to see PC hold onto all of the remaining picks and go for it next year.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Very sensible post.People are acting like PC traded for Matt Cooke.It was a good deal that was made in order to set up other deals(although the other deals to come won't satisfy the masses either,I'm sure).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Blake Wheeler 6'5'' 208 lbs 24years old 
    220GP  49G 59A 108pts  +40   .49 pts per game

Chris Kelly 6'0''  198 lbs
    463GP  75G 101A 176Pts +21  .38 pts per game

DUH ....we are not improving our team with this trade ...If ever Wheeler is traded this would be the worst trade ever ...Wheeler will become a 50 goals scorer within 2 years ......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (well not so sure for 2011 anymore)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly Replaces Wheeler:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Kelly Replaces Wheeler : Very sensible post.People are acting like PC traded for Matt Cooke.It was a good deal that was made in order to set up other deals(although the other deals to come won't satisfy the masses either,I'm sure).
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Are you sure?  I mean, we are talking about the Bs here.  It's slightly odd if Kelly comes here to replace say, Wheeler, why is the other deal not almost immediately consummated on the heels of the Kelly one?

You would assume he'd have the deals in line so they'd make sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

you may well be right....The other option, of course is that Kelly replaces Seguin who will be rotated in and out of the lineup as the situation demands. It should be obvious by now that Julien prefers experience and predicatability.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly Replaces Wheeler : Are you sure?  I mean, we are talking about the Bs here.  It's slightly odd if Kelly comes here to replace say, Wheeler, why is the other deal not almost immediately consummated on the heels of the Kelly one? You would assume he'd have the deals in line so they'd make sense.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    I'm obviously not sure but another deal to come is the only way this deal makes any sense to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Kelly makes the 4th line better if he relaces Thorn only.

He is not an improvement on Wheeler or anyone on the 3rd line.

Absolutely useless depth player on a team with depth, that needs a scorer and a PP and PMD D.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Wheeler a 50 goal scorer ha ha .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I were Wheeler I'd be packing he's had a every chance to improve. After PC gets his PMD (Kaberle) he will go after another winger who's more consistent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

At this point Wheeler might find it difficult to be a perennial 20 goal scorer. This is why he should be expendable. He is essentially a "non-scoring scorer".

[QUOTE]Wheeler a 50 goal scorer ha ha .
    Posted by john6345[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

say bye-bye to Seidenberg and Paille will be healthy scratched quite soon. All this time I have advocated that the B's get another goalie to spell Thomas, now they are forced to use Rask, who will magically regain his form...(uh, that's sarcasm). The team needs to wake up and wake up really soon. Going on the road is a good thing and I expect the team to start going back to their more consistent defensive ways. They went Big Bad Bruins for a few games and simply that took the team off it's focus. This is what I mean by a team that has to know its limitations. The B's might entertain in those type of games but I prefer the boring 2-1, 3-2 wins over regulation choke losses.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I'm from Southern Ontario and let me tell you: Toronto fans would absolutely do Wheeler for Kablerle straight up. With Kelly in the situation, I probably would too. Sure, Wheels has potential, but (a) he hasn't shown it consistently, (b) it looks like PC wants a D-Man, (c) Kaberle is a good one, and (d) this wouldn't cost us a first rounder! So for the sake of the present AND the future, do this deal.

Wheeler for Kaberle straight up.

Why would Toronto make this deal?: Big winger/center; someone to play in their top 6; good penalty killer; American born (fits in with Burke, Wilson, Kessel, Komisarek et al); Gets along great with Kessel; Can be sold as a prospect to the fan base; great size and a top pick can also be sold to the fan base

Why would Boston make this deal?: Wheeler hasn't really worked out for us; would be giving up relatively little for a huge gain; We get a d-man and get to keep our first rounders; PP gets better; stronger defense core; possible Cup run

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE] It's slightly odd if Kelly comes here to replace say, Wheeler, why is the other deal not almost immediately consummated on the heels of the Kelly one? You would assume he'd have the deals in line so they'd make sense.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

The team PC is negotiating with isn't going to just say, "Oh boy, you made a trade, let's get this done now!!!!"

The other side will try to strengthen their negotiating position and move on from there. I trust PC knows this and will adjust as necessary. These things take time. Human psychology is fickle that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Kelly Replaces Wheeler:
    [QUOTE]Same salary, same role (assuming Wheels never develops that scoring touch), little less size but apparently more character, and more experience. Now PC can flip Wheeler for a d-man and the team is up one d-man without hurting the forward group; all for a 2nd round pick. Everyone bashing this trade needs to calm down. The deadline is still a ways away, but I'd personally like to see PC hold onto all of the remaining picks and go for it next year.

stop telling everyone how to react...minimal, lateral trade.  Will feel the same today, tomorrow, and next year.  Maybe if Bruins die-hards would stop "calming down", the organization might do something to deliver a winner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

What is with the love for Wheeler? He's had constant chances to show he can play and constantly failed. With the team in a tough spot against Detroit last week he positively disappeared.

Ask yourself when was the last time you saw Wheeler drive to the net or fire of a heavy wrister or made a genuinely remarkable play? His ten goals through 57 games puts him on a pace for 14 goals this season.

Face it ... Chiarelli has missed on this guy completely. And once he's dealt this month, I see no reason that he will pull a Versteeg and develop into a solid player outside of Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mangler. Show Mangler's posts

Couldn't agree more with you. I almost threw a brick at the TV last night everytime Wheeler was on the ice. He is the biggest 6'5'' wimp I have ever seen. If they don't trade him, sit him in the pressbox and let him rot. Put Kelly on that line with Seguin and Ryder. On Seguin, why do the Bruins always ruin first rounders. Give this kid some legitimate ice time and PP time and I bet he produces. Look at the chance Krejci had last night, Seguin burys one of those chances. Claude's conservative approach is driving me nuts.

[QUOTE]What is with the love for Wheeler? He's had constant chances to show he can play and constantly failed. With the team in a tough spot against Detroit last week he positively disappeared. Ask yourself when was the last time you saw Wheeler drive to the net or fire of a heavy wrister or made a genuinely remarkable play? His ten goals through 57 games puts him on a pace for 14 goals this season. Face it ... Chiarelli has missed on this guy completely. And once he's dealt this month, I see no reason that he will pull a Versteeg and develop into a solid player outside of Boston.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]I'm from Southern Ontario and let me tell you: Toronto fans would absolutely do Wheeler for Kablerle straight up. 

I would do that now with Kelly on board. Yep. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I read the post that Wheeler is a 50 goal scorer, and I nearly choked on my lunch from laughing so hard

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]Blake Wheeler 6'5'' 208 lbs 24years old  220GP  49G 59A 108pts  +40   .49 pts per game   Chris Kelly 6'0''  198 lbs 463GP  75G 101A 176Pts +21  .38 pts per game DUH ....we are not improving our team with this trade ...If ever Wheeler is traded this would be the worst trade ever ...Wheeler will become a 50 goals scorer within 2 years ...... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (well not so sure for 2011 anymore)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Give up the dream, Stanley... it ain't gonna happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

We are aware that Kelly is a center right?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

[QUOTE]We are aware that Kelly is a center right?
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

And?  Kelly will play center, Seguin shifts to the wing, Wheeler shifts to the scrap heap...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i agree wheeler has wheels but he is too soft and doesnt finish...be lucky to be a 20g per season... we have a lot of players like that ...wheeler, horton, ryder...paile

paile is a great skater but has zero finish skill...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

wheeler a 50 goal scorer? maybe in my men's league- our goalies are weak

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly Replaces Wheeler : And?  Kelly will play center, Seguin shifts to the wing, Wheeler shifts to the scrap heap...
    Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Wheeler and Seguin are basically sharing the third line center duties....

Love his skillset, passion, and determination to get better (though a tad worried about his development), but Seguin cannot be a full-time centerman without a 1A centerman on his line (Bergeron) since the kid CANNOT WIN FACEOFFS. Absolutely brutal in this aspect of the game.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

This post is spot on.  I think Kelly coming in, good defensive forward, more comfortable at center, spells the end of Wheeler's tenure.  I think he's good trade bait because there's no doubt the potential is still there.

But, Wheeler has been underwhelming since he set the bar so high in his rookie season.  He's become a quality defensive forward and is kind of a go-to guy for the PK.  He has become a victim of the system here in Boston.  I don't see any creativity in his game now, whereas he made a number of spectacular creative plays in his rookie season.  50 goal scorer... highly unlikely.  I think with a fresh start he comes a perennial 20-goal guy, but I don't think it's happening here in Boston.  If he can be packaged to bring back a quality Dman by the deadline, I think PC has to do it.

Kelly takes 3rd line center... Seguin moves to the wing... Wheeler is likely gone via trade.

Sections
Shortcuts