Kelly-Seguin-Peverly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kelly-Seguin-Peverly

You might be hard-pressed to think of a faster skating line in the NHL.In my opinion,they might be the difference in how far Boston can go in the playoffs.We already knew about there being 2 good lines in Boston but if this line can continue doing what I saw last night,that'll make 3.Depth is what usually wins in the post-season and they certainly added to it last night.Seguin has been looking like a real NHL'er lately and I don't expect a backwards step anytime soon.With the team playing like they did last night I say bring on the Habs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Re: Kelly-Seguin-Peverly

Me likey. My delusional secret weapon post was right!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I'm with you dez I liked that line a lot.  They have the depth as you mention, the goaltending is top notch, character and accountability seem good as well.  It will come down to their will to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I was impressed with that line too

Lets go out and win thursday night!! woooooo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly-Seguin-Peverly:
    I'm with you dez I liked that line a lot.  They have the depth as you mention, the goaltending is top notch, character and accountability seem good as well.  It will come down to their will to win.
    Posted by hangnail

NJ seemed to have a hard time dealing with the speed of that line all night.Having a 3rd line that creates offense through a good forecheck will have a trickle down effect when it comes to wearing down the opposition's D.We saw the effect in a single game last night.You'll really see the effect over a 7 game series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

nrguy, not to take the wind out of your sails but I read on here a month ago that Seguin should be placed on the boards during the power play.  I really hope your speculation is correct nonetheless. A fast and energy driven line would be a good measure against other teams in the playoffs.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly-Seguin-Peverly : NJ seemed to have a hard time dealing with the speed of that line all night.Having a 3rd line that creates offense through a good forecheck will have a trickle down effect when it comes to wearing down the opposition's D.We saw the effect in a single game last night.You'll really see the effect over a 7 game series.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Good thing also is that Kelly and Peverly play a sound defensive game as well, and Seguin knows that's what he needs to work on so he's learning from 2 pros.  It will be fun watching them gel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Now all they need is to start putting the puck in the net and they will be truly valuable. I am still waiting for Seguin to be paired with someone who actually has the ability to pass the puck to him so he can use his shot.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Kelly-Seguin-Peverly:
    You might be hard-pressed to think of a faster skating line in the NHL.In my opinion,they might be the difference in how far Boston can go in the playoffs.We already knew about there being 2 good lines in Boston but if this line can continue doing what I saw last night,that'll make 3.Depth is what usually wins in the post-season and they certainly added to it last night.Seguin has been looking like a real NHL'er lately and I don't expect a backwards step anytime soon.With the team playing like they did last night I say bring on the Habs!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Nothing not to like about that line--the speed on either end w/Pevs and Segs is exactly what's been lacking much of the year (my fave part about this line is Segs just GETTING more playing time!), and as long as Kelly takes care of the defensive 2way part, he doesn't have to put much on the score sheet to be effective (altho' feeding some assists would be  nice.) 

It was especially gratifying to see this line have the ability to cut thru the NJ trapping style....in playoff hockey, as things tighten up, it  will be very helpful to have a line that can outrun the tighter checking.

will it be enough to get the B's over the hump and beyond the 2nd round? I'm not convinced yet, but still hopeful. Let's see what the whole team can do tmw. night vs. the Habs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the devils had a tough time with those 3 all night long. in particuliar seguin, who in my opinion, had his best game as a bruin to date. he was forechecking, backchecking, and making some slick passes. his progress is noticeable, and i like it a lot. he looks a whole lot less scared out there these days. i hope this line stays together 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Liked this line last night.  I think I saw Seguin win his first puck battle!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I enjoy watching them play.  The Bruins depth is their key offensive advantage, but it's been a while since they've had a third string 'click'.  They seem to be playing good hockey, I hope they keep it up and start potting a few.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Isla - was making fun of myself

Having Ryder and Seguin on the same line is dangerous - our 2 worst defensive players. I think that's one of the main reasons that Seguin wasn't playing. Now that he has Peverley and Kelly, that's no longer an issue.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

our little boy is growing up...awwww

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Yes, they were great! What did they do? They played like an ok line on a team that beat a 12 place team.  Relax.  Seguins lucky he was picked 2nd last year. If not, he would be gone and PC wouldn't worry about saving his own face.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Yes, they were great! What did they do? They played like an ok line on a team that beat a 12 place team.  Relax.  Seguins lucky he was picked 2nd last year. If not, he would be gone and PC wouldn't worry about saving his own face.
    Posted by bluefox70

Yeah,NJ is awful right......the best team in the league since Christmas but you apparently know better.It seems as if Seguin's obvious improvement makes you angry for some reason.What's your deal you grumpy prickk?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Posted by bluefox70

NJ went 23-3-4 since late December. They came in desperate and hungry knowing this game might have been their last chance at a playoff spot. They have one of the top 3 fwds in Kovalchuk and a HOF goaltender who is still very good if not as elite as he once was. They had a new and legendary coach who may be one of the all time best leading them. They were still in the upper tier of every recent power ranking, and clearly the team we saw last night was the team they should have been all year.

Don't discount what that line--and the team in general, especially after falling behind early when they could have but did not panic--did in winning that game. One win does not equate the Pev-Kelly-Seg line as an unqualified success but it is a welcome sign that CJ is willing to go outside his comfort zone and try some new things. It;'s also a VERY significant win for a team that despertaely needed to feel good about itself and prove it can play tough at home.

They could cr*p the bed tmw. vs. the Habs for all we know and be back to looking hopeless, but to downplay the win last night and what that line accomplished in asserting itself and creating chances to score is unfair and just wrong.

And how is it that you're ready to judge Seguin a total bust when he's 19 years old and has played just 3/4 of his first-ever NHL season--mostly with incredibly brief amounts of ice time?

That dog don't hunt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Will Julien keep the line together ? That should be the question even bet that he doesn't...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

I would actually like to see marchand with seguin and peverly... kelly who hits a little more might be a good fit on the fourth with thorton and cambell..
    then you could put ryder with rechi and patrice...

people crack on horton alot... and though im not ready to call him stone hands ...with a little luck he could easily be at 30...he takes enough shots... but what i like about him is his nasty side... he hits everyone in sight...is ready to go at a moments notice... kinda like lucic used to be...

the difference from last night to the previous seven games was effort... from beginning to end...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Im very happy ryder is off that line replaced with Seguin.

Of course I did say this weeks ago

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Jcour, i completely agree, pev, march, seg would be an interesting experiment if nothing else.

And as far as Horton, he just seems to be getting meaner every game.  If you told me at the start of the year our top line would have a nasty guy with 20 goals hitting and fighting, and a big guy with 30 goals hitting a little less and fighting on occasion I would have agreed but the names would be reversed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly-Seguin-Peverly : NJ went 23-3-4 since late December. They came in desperate and hungry knowing this game might have been their last chance at a playoff spot. They have one of the top 3 fwds in Kovalchuk and a HOF goaltender who is still very good if not as elite as he once was. They had a new and legendary coach who may be one of the all time best leading them. They were still in the upper tier of every recent power ranking, and clearly the team we saw last night was the team they should have been all year. Don't discount what that line--and the team in general, especially after falling behind early when they could have but did not panic--did in winning that game. One win does not equate the Pev-Kelly-Seg line as an unqualified success but it is a welcome sign that CJ is willing to go outside his comfort zone and try some new things. It;'s also a VERY significant win for a team that despertaely needed to feel good about itself and prove it can play tough at home. They could cr*p the bed tmw. vs. the Habs for all we know and be back to looking hopeless, but to downplay the win last night and what that line accomplished in asserting itself and creating chances to score is unfair and just wrong. And how is it that you're ready to judge Seguin a total bust when he's 19 years old and has played just 3/4 of his first-ever NHL season--mostly with incredibly brief amounts of ice time? That dog don't hunt.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Hey,you stole this post from inside my head........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly-Seguin-Peverly : Hey,you stole this post from inside my head........
    Posted by dezaruchi

Saw some pretty scary stuff while I was in there, too!  ;-)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Jcour, i completely agree, pev, march, seg would be an interesting experiment if nothing else. And as far as Horton, he just seems to be getting meaner every game.  If you told me at the start of the year our top line would have a nasty guy with 20 goals hitting and fighting, and a big guy with 30 goals hitting a little less and fighting on occasion I would have agreed but the names would be reversed.
    Posted by Seabasshole

I have no problem w/CJ exprimenting w/lines these last games of the season, but I worry that a Pev-Marchand-Seg line would lack a defensive component.

Kelly isn't very flashy but he would provide hard checking and defensive responsibility in the middle while Segs and Pevs ran wild on the sides. That's what I like about that line that I saw last night.

I'd like to see Marchand with Bergeron and--believe it or not--Ryder, for a bit. Ryder might be the most maddening player ever...there IS talent there, and a great shot...but something holds this guy back. Probably himself--but I keep thinking if he can just get the right guy feeding him the puck he could be the sniper they paid $4 M for. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

Sections
Shortcuts