Kelly to where an 'A'????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Kelly to where an 'A'????

Not a huge fan of Kelly to start, but for him to wear a letter on this team over some young leaders in the making such as Lucic-Horton-Krecji or even some vets like Thornton-Campbell would have made more sense to me as an outsider...who knows not being on the team, but I think this is all CJ versus the players respecting Kelly as a leader on the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Re: Kelly to where an 'A'????

I think the decision is based on stuff we aren't privvy to as fans. I don't think they hand out the A lightly so I'm assuming Kelly deserves it. Keep in mind that it's the second alternate and he's sharing it with another player. Either way, I don't find this to be a big deal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Ya as outsiders we can only think we know how the team is run on a daily basis.....probably why we pay to play/attend games versus getting paid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kelly has a job because he's smart, not because of his skills or instincts.  Ference is sort of the same deal - not a great talent, but makes the most of what he has by thinking his way through the game (which is why the whole finger/glove incident amuses me so).

More importantly, as much as Lucic has had success as a captain, I don't think you want to give a guy you're hoping is still developing his own game the responsibility of being a captain - even second alternate.  You have to think about things outside of your own game when you're in that role - maybe not a lot, but some.  I would rather Lucic be free to go wilding.  Horton and Krejci, I don't see either of them as alternates on this team yet.  Other than his huge playoff, I don't think he's been consistent enough - gettin' there fast, I hope, but not yet.  Horton, same deal - better in the playoffs than at any time during the season.  Captains have to be more consistent than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'd say it's fairly obvious how well respected he is and how much credibility he has in the room. I'm not privvy to it, just my opinion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

If you are free to read that headline, thank a soldier.
    If you don't wince when you read that headline, slap a teacher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

He must have made QUITE the impression on his teammates to already be wearing an A on his jersey

If you're going to take anything from this, it should be a new found appreciation of Chris Kelly

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Where will he where it?  I think you spelt your grammer wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'????:
    Where will he where it?  I think you spelt your grammer wrong.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You should no this, he will where it on his sweeter.
    You should no this blindfolded at knight and reigning out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Maybe he's just posting the first half of a Dr. Seuss poem. It could happen...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Ripping someone on grammar....please, this isnt school fellas, and if you belittle others its due to your own self conscious little minds.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ripping someone on grammar....please, this isnt school fellas, and if you belittle others its due to your own self conscious little minds.
    Posted by yep123

Ever been in a locker room? Teammates make fun of each other for every little thing. This forum isn't much different in that regard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : Ever been in a locker room? Teammates make fun of each other for every little thing. This forum isn't much different in that regard.
    Posted by dezaruchi

.....or for the occasional trashing of our play ( posts ). Yes there are similarities.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Didnt realize this was a team.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by yep123

yep, yep, yep.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Alright then.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by yep123

I didn't say it was. I said it was similar to a locker-room in that regard. Bottom line is that thicker skin will make your time here much more enjoyable. I say this in all sincerity. Keep posting. Cheers!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If you see Kelly in an interview you can see why he would where an A.  He's a smart, articulate guy. He also puts the team first and does whatever is asked of him. I'm sure he's a great choice as a leader.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : I didn't say it was. I said it was similar to a locker-room in that regard. Bottom line is that thicker skin will make your time here much more enjoyable. I say this in all sincerity. Keep posting. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

Point is that I respond to post (good, bad, or indifferent) on the fact of the conversation, and never rip anyone for their spelling-grammar-etc....its just not fun to me.  I like the hockey talk; my friends & I rip constantly on each other, but posting online IMO is not the forum.
    I understand why some folks on here believe Kelly is a good leader, I just dont see it....figured I'd start the post on it.  Look at the body of the first post, wear is spelled correctly, its just stupid to mention it.  There are dozens of other post going on, contribute accordingly. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : Point is that I respond to post (good, bad, or indifferent) on the fact of the conversation, and never rip anyone for their spelling-grammar-etc....its just not fun to me.  I like the hockey talk; my friends & I rip constantly on each other, but posting online IMO is not the forum. I understand why some folks on here believe Kelly is a good leader, I just dont see it....figured I'd start the post on it.  Look at the body of the first post, wear is spelled correctly, its just stupid to mention it.  There are dozens of other post going on, contribute accordingly. 
    Posted by yep123

Hey, I hear ya. I'm not usually one to rip on someone's grammar but I'll admit that I've been guilty of it. As I said, keep up the solid posting and don't sweat the small stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : Hey, I hear ya. I'm not usually one to rip on someone's grammar but I'll admit that I've been guilty of it. As I said, keep up the solid posting and don't sweat the small stuff.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Grammar?
    No, we're not talking about grammar.  We're talking about some basic spelling at about the 4th grade level.

Sure, virtually everyone here makes grammar mistakes, but there is a limit.

My belief is that if you don't rip on these people, next thing you know you get one of these  type of posters back who types like;
    "i know u are, but what am i.  u r the 1 who is the attention W - HORE"

and I don't know about you, but I just want to kill those people because not only is what they are saying is stupid, but you get a headache reading it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : Grammar? No, we're not talking about grammar.  We're talking about some basic spelling at about the 4th grade level. Sure, virtually everyone here makes grammar mistakes, but there is a limit. My belief is that if you don't rip on these people, next thing you know you get one of these  type of posters back who types like; "i know u are, but what am i.  u r the 1 who is the attention W - HORE" and I don't know about you, but I just want to kill those people because not only is what they are saying is stupid, but you get a headache reading it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Sorry for the headache.....I'll try to improve.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly to where an 'A'???? : Grammar? No, we're not talking about grammar.  We're talking about some basic spelling at about the 4th grade level. Sure, virtually everyone here makes grammar mistakes, but there is a limit. My belief is that if you don't rip on these people, next thing you know you get one of these  type of posters back who types like; "i know u are, but what am i.  u r the 1 who is the attention W - HORE" and I don't know about you, but I just want to kill those people because not only is what they are saying is stupid, but you get a headache reading it.
    Posted by BadHabitude

BH, my patience for everything has increased ten-fold since the Cup win. Sad to say hockey has such an effect on my life but it does.

Sections
Shortcuts