Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!

only 13pts and a -3 in 36 career playoff games, and thats your replacement?

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that with a boat-load of draft-picks/prospects and expendable roster players this was the best Chiarelli could of done??? Pathetic! They held the cards, ball in their court and they missed.

So, they trade for a Two-Way player, defensive minded nontheless. Where's the super star we all hoped to see? Darn it!

Let's not hold our breaths for the next move. For all i know, we're getting back Andrew Alberts from Vanc for Wheeler....What a JOKE!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!

It sets up more trades pretty well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!:
    only 13pts and a -3 in 36 career playoff games, and thats your replacement? I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that with a boat-load of draft-picks/prospects and expendable roster players this was the best Chiarelli could of done??? Pathetic! They held the cards, ball in their court and they missed. So, they trade for a Two-Way player, defensive minded nontheless. Where's the super star we all hoped to see? Darn it! Let's not hold our breaths for the next move. For all i know, we're getting back Andrew Alberts from Vanc for Wheeler....What a JOKE!
    Posted by xenimus

Hey Die-Hards....feeling ok??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Still need that elusive puck-moving D and a solid wing to replace Wheeler.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i wil resereve judgment  untill we see if anything else gets done

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!:
    It sets up more trades pretty well.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Yep.  Got to think that a deal like this makes one of the B's forwards (my guess Wheeler) expendable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticBear68. Show CelticBear68's posts

In Response to Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding!:
    only 13pts and a -3 in 36 career playoff games, and thats your replacement? I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that with a boat-load of draft-picks/prospects and expendable roster players this was the best Chiarelli could of done??? Pathetic! They held the cards, ball in their court and they missed. So, they trade for a Two-Way player, defensive minded nontheless. Where's the super star we all hoped to see? Darn it! Let's not hold our breaths for the next move. For all i know, we're getting back Andrew Alberts from Vanc for Wheeler....What a JOKE!
    Posted by xenimus

Alberts is on the injured list :P

Serriously, this was underwhelming, and wasnt what we all expected or hoped for either.  PC's got 12 days to make something happen, but history shows he's not a real "big splash" kinda guy.  Remember last year his fix for our scoring woes was signing Miro Satan.  well, here's hoping he makes some significant roster upgrades

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding! : Yep.  Got to think that a deal like this makes one of the B's forwards (my guess Wheeler) expendable.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

I'm looking at Stuart and Wheeler. Interesting conference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Great stuff PC just terrific, B's are cup favorites now. Not only does he make the most insignificant trade in the NHL yet this season, but he then tells everyone not to expect a "home run" or "grand slam". Is it just me or does this guy have no b*lls?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

none whatsoever or maybe just one. He hasn't pull off one big trade yet. 

Can't consider the Kessel trade a big one because he had no choice and nobody knew Toronto would be as bad as they were last year

Next trade will be maybe for Sheldon Souray?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

its one trade, as much as it came outa the blue to many, just wait. im hearing people say that kaberle trade could come tomorrow.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09

Well,

i dont mean to burst your bubble but Chiarelli just mentioned to NOT expect anything major for a D-men.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Ott top 6 player, 4th liner in Bos, cannot replace Wheeler or Camp.

His mins will be shortened in Bos, only better than Thorn and Pail, but his PK is topknotch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Ott top 6 player, 4th liner in Bos, cannot replace Wheeler or Camp. His mins will be shortened in Bos, only better than Thorn and Pail, but his PK is topknotch.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

AGREED 100%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Ott top 6 player, 4th liner in Bos, cannot replace Wheeler or Camp. His mins will be shortened in Bos, only better than Thorn and Pail, but his PK is topknotch.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I hope you're joking... Ott's a thug. And not better than Thorton.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrVmax. Show MrVmax's posts

My excitement level is through the roof!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Can he really hurt at this point? I don't think so. No, he isn't a big time name or player, but you know what, he will probably be excited to be going to a playoff team and will play hard. Maybe that will rub off on some of the other guys

Maybe we can send Andrew Ference to Vancouver. They have 4 or 5 defensemen hurt. Maybe they'll take him off our hands

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

none whatsoever or maybe just one. He hasn't pull off one big trade yet.  Can't consider the Kessel trade a big one because he had no choice and nobody knew Toronto would be as bad as they were last year Next trade will be maybe for Sheldon Souray?
    Posted by yaz16

Who are you kidding, Yaz?  Anyone who follows the NHL KNEW the Leafs would finish among the bottom 5 clubs last year.  Yes, PC gets credit for that deal.

I take it you're not serious about the fragile Souray.  Saw him play in Manchester last week, he was a non-factor for Hershey.  He played as if he was trying to avoid getting hurt prior to the trade deadline.  No thanks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kelly's not a bad player.  Like Tim Taylor, he's not a big scorer, but he scores pretty consistently for a guy who plays primarily a shut-down role.  He doesn't have Wheeler's 20+ goal "potential", but he's a better forechecker, a better defensive player, and better on faceoffs.

Seriously, though - the crying that this wasn't a trade for a big name is telling.  It sounds like some people want a pacifier not a better hockey team.  Like 13 year olds pissing all over their new iPod because what they really wanted was a new Playstation 3.  This thread, more than any other, reinforces my dislike of the e-harmony "let's get this guy, he's faaaaaabulous" trade speculation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Good job Chiarelli why shoot yuor mouth off about all these big moves and then give us this bit of useless garbage.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Im guessing that after dropping 3straight PC thought he had to shake things up right away. One thing is for sure Kelly will work hard every night not something that many of the teams current forwards are known for.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

This deal was so big it couldn't wait till trade deadline day for fear someone else would scoop up this prized commodity !

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Wasnt a second round pick a little steep and doesnt that now NOT preclude another trade as that would have been included along with hopefully our 1st Round pick for that mythical bigger fish acquisition?!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

This trade makes sense. Kelly is battle tested and Seguin/Hamill/Wheeler are not qualified for playing in the playoffs as a third line center. Kelly is more skilled and more versatile than Gregory Campbell too. It's not the puck moving D-man but it's not the worst trade either.

I saw Kelly play a few times with Binghamton in the AHL. Ottawa has had a bunch of similar players (Foligno, Winchester, Peter Regin, Zack Smith) come through their system in recent years. None have played with the mix of offensive game and defensive smarts as Kelly. 

This doesn't bode well for either Ryder or Wheeler this year. My bet is that one of them goes by the deadline.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly WHOOOO!!!!?????: Got to be kidding! : I hope you're joking... Ott's a thug. And not better than Thorton.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

You just keep me laughing.

Ott was short for Ottawa where Kelly came from, he was getting top 6 mins and will not get it here.

Steve Ott though, is a sickening thug, but he is far better than Thorn, any day of the week.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

This trade makes sense. Kelly is battle tested and Seguin/Hamill/Wheeler are not qualified for playing in the playoffs as a third line center. Kelly is more skilled and more versatile than Gregory Campbell too. It's not the puck moving D-man but it's not the worst trade either. I saw Kelly play a few times with Binghamton in the AHL. Ottawa has had a bunch of similar players (Foligno, Winchester, Peter Regin, Zack Smith) come through their system in recent years. None have played with the mix of offensive game and defensive smarts as Kelly.  This doesn't bode well for either Ryder or Wheeler this year. My bet is that one of them goes by the deadline.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory

Total joke, Kelly is a 4th liner here and nothing more, he cannot replace Wheeler or Ryder numbers, he may be par with Campbell but, in no way is he better, may  not even be better than Pail.  Give Pail his mins and donèt make him play with Thorn and his numbers will be as good, and he is 4 years younger and far faster.

Sections
Shortcuts