Kelly will be signed!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Re: Kelly will be signed!

In Response to Re: Kelly will be signed!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly will be signed! : Jay, didn't we all say the same about Ryder last offseason ?  It was a forgone conclusion that he wouldn't be back. The Bruins elected to go the cheap way & tried to replace him with Pouliot. We all know how that has worked out. Ryder's 3.5 million for his 34 goals so far might be one of the best bargains in the NHL this season. IMO, I just think they should at least make a legitimate effort to sign him.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

You are right that Ryder is having an excellent year in Dallas but we would be kidding ourselves if we thought he would be doing the same in Boston if he had been re-signed. He would likely be getting third line minutes in CJ's system unlike in Dallas where he is their top sniper. Different team, different circumstances.

Besides, his departure gave Seguin more meaningful minutes. Remember, Tyler started this season in Ryder's spot on the third line. I, for one, am happy Seguin got the chance to prove himself.

As for Kelly, yes he is having a career year but let's not forget we already have three top notch centers in Krejci, Bergeron, and Seguin. I am thinnking Seguin is going to play his natural position next year as part of his development. Is Kelly going to play on the 4rth line next year? Would that be worth 3.5 to 4 million dollars?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Kelly should get 3 years 12 mill. Seems like the correct #

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I would imagine Kelly is a priority, unless the Bs want to get in on the Parise, Suter, Perry, Getzlaf, Lupul sweepstakes. I can't imagine they would.

And then there's Horton and Thomas to think about sometime during next season....and the CBA.

Lots of moving pieces, no wonder Chiarelli sent offers and then decided to wait until after the season for any extension talks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

My Opinion is that he will sign someplace else and get a big pay day.  That team will realize that he is not a #2 center and will regret the contract. 

One of the reasons Kelly has been so successful here is the system and the fact that the other teams use their best D-men on the top 2 lines which gives Kelly and his linemates an easier time of it.  Although I will say I am impressed that he has done it with Pouliot on his wing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Giesse. Show Giesse's posts

I am convinced that he never wanted to leave Ottawa in the first place, and will be working to re-sign there.  He is grateful for the opportunity for one (or two) Cups, but his wife and family and heart are in Ottawa.  If they even meet what Boston offers, I'm seeing him gone... with my great thanks and my heavy heart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If the Bruins can't resign him, I hope the Jets can take a run at him. He fits their style, they have the cap room to overpay him a bit, and that team desperately needs his kind of consitancy down the middle. I'd like him to stay in Black and Gold, but the Jets would be a fine second choice imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins can't resign him, I hope the Jets can take a run at him. He fits their style, they have the cap room to overpay him a bit, and that team desperately needs his kind of consitancy down the middle. I'd like him to stay in Black and Gold, but the Jets would be a fine second choice imo.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

Red, the Jets still have to sign Kane and Pavelec who are likely due for some hefty raises (and Fehr, although less so). Depending on how much the team can spend, this may soak up a lot of their cap space. Not sure if they are willing to fork over an extra 3 -3.5 million for Kelly. I doubt they want to go right up to the cap.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly will be signed! : Jay, didn't we all say the same about Ryder last offseason ?  It was a forgone conclusion that he wouldn't be back. The Bruins elected to go the cheap way & tried to replace him with Pouliot. We all know how that has worked out. Ryder's 3.5 million for his 34 goals so far might be one of the best bargains in the NHL this season. IMO, I just think they should at least make a legitimate effort to sign him.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

The Ryder-less Bruins have clinched second place in the conference.   Last year they were in third.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins can't resign him, I hope the Jets can take a run at him. He fits their style, they have the cap room to overpay him a bit, and that team desperately needs his kind of consitancy down the middle. I'd like him to stay in Black and Gold, but the Jets would be a fine second choice imo.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

He doesn't really fit their style so well.  Kelly has been to the third round of the playoffs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly will be signed! : Red, the Jets still have to sign Kane and Pavelec who are likely due for some hefty raises (and Fehr, although less so). Depending on how much the team can spend, this may soak up a lot of their cap space. Not sure if they are willing to fork over an extra 3 -3.5 million for Kelly. I doubt they want to go right up to the cap.
    Posted by jaywall[/QUOTE]

Well they were barely over the floor this year, so even with the raises to Kane and Pavelec, they could afford a decent UFA or two and be a middle of the pack cap-team, which is what Chipman said they would be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kelly will be signed! : Well they were barely over the floor this year, so even with the raises to Kane and Pavelec, they could afford a decent UFA or two and be a middle of the pack cap-team, which is what Chipman said they would be.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It is possible. It just seems like RFA's are getting more and more salary-wise with each passing year. If Kane and Pavelec get market price then it could be more than we think. If that happens it may make the Jets more cautious when it comes to signing UFA's after they have had career years (ex. Kelly).  Maybe the new CBA will put further controls on RFA salaries. What ever happend to the tried and true qualifying offers? Seems to occur less and less.