Kelly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Kelly

How Kelly didn't win the 7th player award is beyond me. This guy is a stud and keeps improving every game. Its amazing to see a guy that was brought in for his defensive game and is bury pucks all season.  Kelly for President!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Kelly

Why did the Sens let go this player ????? He is such an important  player in the playoffs ...WOW ! ! !

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011(done)-2012(15 to go)-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

That goal was a thing of beauty!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Sadly, I think he's priced himself out of the market with the season he's had. Will be sad to see him go as he's been the glue on that 3rd line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

He's got an underrated slapper; this guy can fire it with pretty good accuracy.  Goal aside, I thought he was one of the best B's forwards last night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly:
    Sadly, I think he's priced himself out of the market with the season he's had. Will be sad to see him go as he's been the glue on that 3rd line. Posted by nrguy

Agreed he is going to get himself a nice raise and well deserved.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

Money playa....

Maybe this year's Ryder on the storm ( playoffs anyway ) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He didn't win 7th player because he has been this good for some time; if you watched the Senators play you would have seen his all-around quality.  Seguin's improvement was much more dramatic, from healthy scratch to team-leading scorer. Now, you can argue that it was expected that Seguin would explode and so he didn't "exceed expectations", but either player was a fine choice for the awards. And Kelly has been a fine hockey player for years. The Senators dumped him because they were rebuilding, he was 1.5 years from UFA, the Bruins wanted him and were willing to give a 2nd rounder. The Sens were not supposed to be any good this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

He didn't win 7th player because he has been this good for some time; if you watched the Senators play you would have seen his all-around quality.  Seguin's improvement was much more dramatic, from healthy scratch to team-leading scorer. Now, you can argue that it was expected that Seguin would explode and so he didn't "exceed expectations", but either player was a fine choice for the awards. And Kelly has been a fine hockey player for years. The Senators dumped him because they were rebuilding, he was 1.5 years from UFA, the Bruins wanted him and were willing to give a 2nd rounder. The Sens were not supposed to be any good this year.
    Posted by OatesCam

Oates, I remember people around here were freaking out that PC would "waste a 2nd rounder for Kelly". I'd seen enough Sens games to know the type of versatility that Kelly brought to the table. I'll miss him when he's playing elsewhere but he deserves the raise that he'll be getting on the open market.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Would Kelly go back to Ottawa?
    His family is still there?
    Would love to be able to keep him, but someone will overpay to get him. Let's hope he leaves on another GREAT note!
    2 time Stanley Cup Champ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kelly has been a solid, productive player, as the 3rd line center for the Bruins. That's where his skill is, not as a first line Fill-in which Julien tried, without much success. Yes, he deserves a raise, but other teams will also realize that he is a 3rd line center, maybe 2nd , with excellent defensive skills, plus an opportunistic scorer, when playing with players of equal speed and focus. That perspective will qualify any offers, and Chiarelli will deal fairly, but not over pay. There is an advantage for Kelly, himself, to continue to play for the Bruins. He thrives in Claude's system, and has solid linemates to compliment his play.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly : Oates, I remember people around here were freaking out that PC would "waste a 2nd rounder for Kelly". I'd seen enough Sens games to know the type of versatility that Kelly brought to the table. I'll miss him when he's playing elsewhere but he deserves the raise that he'll be getting on the open market.
    Posted by dezaruchi

This will be one of the few times a UFA actually does.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Why do people have him leaving and not re-signing with the Bruins?  Did I miss something? Last time I checked the Bruins have some cap space, yes he'll get a raise, he's earned it but I don't think just becuase he'll get that raise means it wont be from the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why do people have him leaving and not re-signing with the Bruins?  Did I miss something? Last time I checked the Bruins have some cap space, yes he'll get a raise, he's earned it but I don't think just becuase he'll get that raise means it wont be from the Bruins.
    Posted by kelvana33

How many years and how much cash should PC dole out for his 3rd line center? I really hope he resigns but I'm not expecting it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly : How many years and how much cash should PC dole out for his 3rd line center? I really hope he resigns but I'm not expecting it.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez, I'd have no idea, right now, the playoffs can only help his cause. I'm sure some team will give him more money, perhaps more than he's worth, but to me his true value is highest on the Bruins. He's a 3rd line center who can pop in 20 goals, play a very smart game, good on face-offs etc..Some team will give him more money. Could be a Marty Lapointe leaving Detroit, where he should have stayed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by kelvana33

Lucic, Seguin, Marchand, a 3/4 defenseman and Backup Goaltender are going to need more money at the end of next season.  Horton is up also, but I don't think he's coming back. 

Kelly has earned more than he's worth to this team.  Someone will give it to him, but I don't think it will be Boston.  I sure hope it is, but I doubt it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't see why PC wouldn't pay him what he's worth and he could move his whole family down here. Only thing stopping this is maybe he doesn't want to live here?

Sections
Shortcuts