Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron?

Didn't see the game last night but read about switching Kelly with Krecji.  Another example of terrible coaching by Claude -- a la Trent Whitfield. Kelly is not and never will be a first line player and thus should never be paired up with your two best scorers. 

When Krecji got injured earlier this year and Bergeron centered the first line they were on fire.  I don't get CJ's obsession with keeping Bergeron with Recchi.  I'm fine with him centering the second line and playing behind DK, but if DK gets moved down, it should be a no brainer who takes his place on this team.  I don't care how hard Kelly skates, he has zero offensive skill and should never be on any first line.  I bet he was even surprised at the move.

I feel bad for Bergeron if anything.  His entire career in Boston he's never been considered for first line duty.  First he was behind Thornton, then Savard, the Krecji stepped up.  Give the guy two good wingers and he produces bottom line.  Give him one winger and he is a 60-70 point guy.  Put him on the first line and he'll put up 80+ guarenteed.  It may not be by dangling through traffic, but who cares?  He protects the puck as well as anybody on the team, has great vision and can score better than any of our current centers yet he is for some reason delegated to permanent second-third line duty because he is defensively responsible?--- makes no sense. 

It should be a crime to play Chris Kelly ahead of this guy

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron?

Don't worry , it was just a throw someone out situation, lines will not be changed for Playoffs. clod was just trying to let people know he is in charge so anything stupid could transpire.

He can't think on his feet so that was the best he could come up with.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Anything to shake Krejci out of his funk.  Kelly at least goes north and south - so does Patrice - and it's not the right time to mess with the second line.  Is Krejci hurt?  He's been invisible recently and he needs to play like he did this time last year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Messing up Bergeron's line which has had great chemistry all year wouldn't serve the purpose - shaking it up. It wasn't a tryout for the playoffs, it was an "I'm not happy with your play".

If Krejic went down for the year, would you break up the Marchand Berg Recchi line or would you put Bergeron on the 1st. I think Claud showed early in the season that it would be the later.

Relax Chappy, it was a punishment, not a tryout.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

right on nrguy...that move was a "wake the ef up " move. nothing else. krejci is not playing his best hockey right now(putting it mildly), and needed a wake up call. hopefully he gets the message.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Krejci has said before that he doesnt "get into" meaningless regular season games. Division Clinched meaningless game vs the Isle 3 games before the playoffs. Something tells me Krejci has had a 'so what?' attitude lately.

Claude probably trying to snap him out of it and using is kelly as the stick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TTisOverrated. Show TTisOverrated's posts

Because then theres nobody to carry grandpa Recchi

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Back to your box, please.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Geez, Claude said in his post game interview that he was just getting guys into different situations to at least develop some game-tested chemistry. You never know when the injury bug might hit. It really was a meaningless point in a pretty meaningless game. Can we complain about something else more worthy, like Toronto possibly finishing out of the bottom 10?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

why try to create game tested chemistry between a should-be-4th-line grinder and our two best wings?.....exactly.

If Krecji gets hurt, it better not be Kelly stepping up to the 1st line or we are in serious trouble.  I get the whole send a message, shake things up part, but Kelly to the first line is stupid.  At least 3-4 other guys to try there first, Bergeron being the obvious choice

In Response to Re: Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]Geez, Claude said in his post game interview that he was just getting guys into different situations to at least develop some game-tested chemistry. You never know when the injury bug might hit. It really was a meaningless point in a pretty meaningless game. Can we complain about something else more worthy, like Toronto possibly finishing out of the bottom 10?
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Alternatively, it was checking for chemistry between Krejčí and Peverley.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

In Response to Re: Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron?:
    [QUOTE]why try to create game tested chemistry between a should-be-4th-line grinder and our two best wings?.....exactly. If Krecji gets hurt, it better not be Kelly stepping up to the 1st line or we are in serious trouble.  I get the whole send a message, shake things up part, but Kelly to the first line is stupid.  At least 3-4 other guys to try there first, Bergeron being the obvious choice In Response to Re: Kelly....really? Why not Bergeron? :
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]
    I think you're missing the point.Between Claude's answer (Developing chemistry) and KPD's insight (motivating) this is such a non-story. It has nothing to do with lines come next week. It was the end of a meaningless game. Do you honestly think anyone is saying that Claude plans to switch Krecji and Kelly in the playoffs? Are you really searching for something to complain about Claude for? Wait for him to or harp on him when he does something legitimately wrong. Give it a rest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I wouldnt put it past clod or pc, they love the muck and grind style kelly brings.  10 goals a season, no problem, who needs goals really anyway.  Claude would rather see a good shot block, that's much harder to accomplish than actually creating some offense. 

SNut, the laundry list of Clod problems is very long, one doesn't need to reach far to come up with his problems as our bench boss.  I did forget though, you are in the camp with chia who thinks being one of 5 teams to reach the second round in consecutive years, or making the playoffs from a good reg season, is the measure of a very successful season.