Kerry Fraser Explains Habs-Bruins Game 7 Officiating

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Kerry Fraser Explains Habs-Bruins Game 7 Officiating

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=452261" rel="nofollow">http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=452261

Worthwhile read. I realize it is a regurgitation, however, it is better not to forget such events so they can be used to motivate a sweep of the Habs in next year's playoffs (if they make it).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Re: Kerry Fraser Explains Habs-Bruins Game 7 Officiating

Corrected link:  

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=452261

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Same crap is going on with the Rangers series.. Difference is King Hendrick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

The Habs have made fools of the refs in games three and four with the Rangers. Between dives and non-calls, refs gave at least nine minutes of PP/PK time to the Habs in game three, and at least six minutes tonight, in game four.

Yes, the Rangers won tonight.  But the Habs are trashing the game itself, and the refs don't seem to mind.  FYI -   I thought games one and two in Montreal were pretty well called.

You'd think that the Habs, of all teams, would want to play with dignity. Not so.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I always enjoy reading Fraser's blog.  He weighs in pretty straightforwardly about several  issues in that series, and he's in total agreement with those that scoff at the snow job, the Thorton fine, and the interference call with 4 minutes left in a 2-1 game 7.  I see that kind of incompetence regularly, not just in Bruin games. 

It's like I stated before.  Not like the refs want any particular team to win, but that they're easily influenced, and they don't really understand the difference between what's really important to key in on....and what isn't.  God knows...that by the letter of the law, multiple penalties can be called on both teams...every shift.

Poor, poor judgement.  Refereeing is just not as good as it was, and it's because of the overall "judgement" factor.  I wonder if the 2 man system hasn't allowed some problems.  1 Referee used to control the game...was totally responsible for the overall "tone".  Now that same referee is probably thinking of his partners interpretation of things too.  Hesitence to upstage, or appear too dominant over the other official could be part of the problem too.  We know make-up calls have been around forever...in everything, not just hockey officiating.  That's life...but it seems there are a lot "more" obvious ones in todays NHL.  In order to call a make-up penalty, one is admitting something was missed earlier.  Is the 2 man system invoking confusion among refs? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

IIHF refereeing takes the cake, it is much worse than the NHL games. In the WC every team gets 8 powerplays unless you are a North American team. Plekanec, Subban and Gallagher would be in heaven playing the the KHL, SEL and SMiiG.

Playoffs: Reilly Smith > Tyler Seguin

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fraser has should be the head of officials.  Smart well respected guy with great hair.  Whats not to like

Sections
Shortcuts