Kesler in a B's Uniform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Kesler in a B's Uniform

Sounds crazy but why not have 3 top centermen.  The B's have struggled each year in the playoffs that either Bergeron (was) played hurt or DK went down (lost 4 straight).  Kesler can play anywhere in any situation and has speed to burn.  Maybe Lucic and/or Spooner and/or pick might have to be involved BUT the B's could then run 3 legit lines and have crazy depth at center.  I would pair up Marchand-Bergeron, DK-Iginla, and Kesler-Louie.   It would be a different look than 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines with a 3rd line that can't score.  It would also put less pressure on DK to be Superman and Bergeron to be Green Lantern every playoff year.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: Kesler in a B's Uniform

Kesler would look great in a B's uniform, would fit in great with the system. 

That said, I wouldn't do Lucic for Kesler straight up, let alone add Spooner and a pick.

It would take a big offer to get him, not sure the B's line-up well with the Nucks for this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Kesler would help any team but he makes top 6 money and zero chance i give lucic for kesler.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Why not Lucic?   While I love virtually every aspect in Lucic's game, he is the worst forward on the B's when it comes to turnovers and coverage in his own D-zone. Plus, it would be helpful to be able to have a little more speed against teams like Montreal or Toronto come playoff time.    

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Lucic is still among the premier power forwards in the league, and is 4 years younger than Kesler.  Bruins already have two premier 2-way centers.

Don't think this makes them better, just makes them different and possibly worse.

What makes you think Kesler's value is higher than Lucic and would necessitate adding pieces?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Kesler is not a #3 centre.... Doesn't make sense for B's...and I certainly would not trade him for Lucic....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

according to reports, Pens offered Sutter, their 1st and a choice of two prospects....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why not Lucic?   While I love virtually every aspect in Lucic's game, he is the worst forward on the B's when it comes to turnovers and coverage in his own D-zone. Plus, it would be helpful to be able to have a little more speed against teams like Montreal or Toronto come playoff time.    

[/QUOTE]

weird because lucic was arguably the bruins best forward in the toronto series last year. i like thinking about creative ways to adding to the team, that said, this idea just doesn't make any sense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Okay Stan , your nutz , if it was known that Lucic was available , every team in the league would salivate at the thought of him on their team . No way do I do Kesler for #17 ...I'm glad that he is a Bruin, and hope he stays a Bruin for life .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

He's not well liked from some of his teammates in Vancouver.  Plus Gillis wantsa big return from what I'm reading. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Bigger, meaner, healthier, better fighter, better hitter, better leader, younger and a champion.  This team has enough speed for any team.  Other teams dont have enough lucic to win series.   Lucic is a stud.  I love him.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

For Lucic?!!!!?

PLEASE. never

one of the best power forwards in the game  and still is 25

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Get off the crack, Jack.

That's freakin' stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]

Sounds crazy but why not have 3 top centermen.  The B's have struggled each year in the playoffs that either Bergeron (was) played hurt or DK went down (lost 4 straight).  Kesler can play anywhere in any situation and has speed to burn.  Maybe Lucic and/or Spooner and/or pick might have to be involved BUT the B's could then run 3 legit lines and have crazy depth at center.  I would pair up Marchand-Bergeron, DK-Iginla, and Kesler-Louie.   It would be a different look than 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines with a 3rd line that can't score.  It would also put less pressure on DK to be Superman and Bergeron to be Green Lantern every playoff year.   

[/QUOTE]

1.Bad enough your trading Lucic for Kesler, but why are you adding Spooner and/or a pick?

2. Why would you trade your first line winger for a gut who will be centering your 3rd line? That makes no sense,

3. Why would you want less pressure on Bergeron and Krejci to elevate their games during the most important games of the season. Thats why you pay them.

This post is Stanleyesque.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

1.Bad enough your trading Lucic for Kesler, but why are you adding Spooner and/or a pick?

Did not add Spooner.  It was and/or.  Trying to make money work.  

I don't know who you could trade for him, I was thinking about salaries being a closer match and Lucic being a Vancouver native--Vancouver might want him.  Also, you have to give something to get something, right?   If it is just Spooner and a pick, you would have to consider, right?  But then there is a $$$ issue.

2. Why would you trade your first line winger for a gut who will be centering your 3rd line? That makes no sense,

It makes sense when the player you are going after is one of the best two-way players in the world.  Kessler can check and score and play in all situations.  Kessler's line would be similar to Bergeron's, one that can check and score.  Plus, he would play on the PP and PK.  It would be a good problem to have and way better than the 3rd line the B's put out on the ice last year.

3. Why would you want less pressure on Bergeron and Krejci to elevate their games during the most important games of the season. Thats why you pay them.

Injuries to Bergeron and DK have hurt the Bruins in playoffs of the past.    

This post is Stanleyesque.

So was my prediction of getting Iginla in the offseason.  Also, I would not be surprised if Pittsburgh goes after him and they have Malkin and Crosby, right?????  If a player of Kesler's caliber comes available, you always consider it.  

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Other reasons why you might want Kesler...   

----(6-foot-2, 202)

---versatile (can play the wing).

---(six-time 20-goal scorer, including 41 in 2010-11).

----He is a shutdown defender (won the Selke Trophy as the NHL’s top defensive forward in 2010-11).  

-----Most importantly. He is locked up for two more seasons after this year at a reasonable price ($5 million per season).

-----Did I mention that Pittsburgh is interested and they have Malkin and Crosby at center?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Other reasons why you might want Kesler...   

----(6-foot-2, 202)

---versatile (can play the wing).

---(six-time 20-goal scorer, including 41 in 2010-11).

----He is a shutdown defender (won the Selke Trophy as the NHL’s top defensive forward in 2010-11).  

-----Most importantly. He is locked up for two more seasons after this year at a reasonable price ($5 million per season).

-----Did I mention that Pittsburgh is interested and they have Malkin and Crosby at center?

[/QUOTE]

See my post above.  Kesler is not Lucic.  kelly soder paille are fine 3rd-4th line centers.  lucic is 6'4 220, younger, goal scorer, best pwr fwd in the league and feared by everyone.  Why you would wanna break up one of the best lines in hockey for an older bandaid is staggering.  Bruins fans across the board would hate this.   

Didnt we see pitt do this last year.  How did that work out for them.  It worked out so well the guy they got said"we cant beat them, so im joining them!" - Iggy

kesler can keep his selke.  Lucic has stanley.  

Ps.  I made up that quote.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

One word of advise:

Never let your day dreams run wild or they will turn into nightmares.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The two threads at the top of the board this morning for me:

1. Add more toughness

2. and one that suggested to trade Lucic

Talk about polar opposites. Those two should get together and discuss. It would be entertaining to say the least.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Btw luc are u the same guy who played for the bruins?

[/QUOTE]

About as likely as you being the same Italian guy that discovered China.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Leaving Kesler aside, if Lucic was available, you can bet there would be a bidding war and the return would be more significant than Kesler straight up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

About as likely as you being the same Italian guy that discovered China.

[/QUOTE]

Who said I'm Italian? 

[/QUOTE]

Sigh - he's referring to the more famous Marco. You know, the one whose name you say when you're playing around in the pool?

Sections
Shortcuts