Kesler in a B's Uniform

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Kesler in a B's Uniform

I like Kesler and think he would fit in seemlessly...but not for Lucic.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Leaving Kesler aside, if Lucic was available, you can bet there would be a bidding war and the return would be more significant than Kesler straight up.

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure...Kesler is relatively cheap for a guy that plays in the Bergeron/Toews type role.  We all know the answer to whom you would rather have on your team, Bergeron or Lucic?   I think the market would be similar.  He is also not a rental-- and Vancouver's phone is probably ringing off the hook.  

Look, if you can get him without Lucic in the deal---I'm all for it---it seems that is what Pitts. is trying to do w/out losing their top wingers.  You can win cups without great wingers.  I think it is much harder without great centers.  There is a huge dropoff behind Bergeron or DK if either get hurt, which they have--and it has hurt the Bruins in the past more than anything else.    

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Leaving Kesler aside, if Lucic was available, you can bet there would be a bidding war and the return would be more significant than Kesler straight up.

[/QUOTE]

Not so sure...Kesler is relatively cheap for a guy that plays in the Bergeron/Toews type role.  We all know the answer to whom you would rather have on your team, Bergeron or Lucic?   I think the market would be similar.  He is also not a rental-- and Vancouver's phone is probably ringing off the hook.  

Look, if you can get him without Lucic in the deal---I'm all for it---it seems that is what Pitts. is trying to do w/out losing their top wingers.  You can win cups without great wingers.  I think it is much harder without great centers.  There is a huge dropoff behind Bergeron or DK if either get hurt, which they have--and it has hurt the Bruins in the past more than anything else.    

[/QUOTE]

Kesler is a nice player.  Bergie and more so Toews are super studs.   DK and Bergie dominate ice time.  Kelly Paille are very solid in their roles.   

Without looking tell me Chicagos, LAs 3rd line centers.   We all know Kelly for the Bruins.  

our defense needs an upgrade.  Kelser is a top 6 player.  We dont need that.  Especially not for a guy who is younger and better.   Only if we could poll gms.  Lucic or Kesler.   

I can promise you one thing.   Boston would get more then Sutter, a def prospect and 2 picks for Lucic.  Very few guys id trade Lucic for.  For the simple reason in that he is the top of his class.  Kesler isnt the best 2nd line center on this team, i can name 10 2nd line centers id rather have.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Thanks Shupe--- I personally like Soderberg as a 3rd line center.  

I agree with you that the B's have several good Top 6 players.  ---The B's have 7 (Top 6) type players with Erickson as the current backup if one of the wings goes down...However, The B's don't have a legit replacement if DK or Berg. go down.  I, for one, don't want Kelly, Campbell, or Soderberg in that role as they are better served for 3rd/4th line duties, and Spoon is not ready. If Bergeron is not "Operation on Ice" last year, they win another cup.  If Krejki doesn't get hurt against Philly a few years back, they go to the Cup.  

I also agree that another D-man might be needed---but I think the B's could get by with what they currently have if it is only going to be another Mottau or Zanon type addition.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

All they need is a dman...what would it take to get Ian White? Maybe not the best alternative but they need grit not flash

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Thanks Shupe--- I personally like Soderberg as a 3rd line center.  

I agree with you that the B's have several good Top 6 players.  ---The B's have 7 (Top 6) type players with Erickson as the current backup if one of the wings goes down...However, The B's don't have a legit replacement if DK or Berg. go down.  I, for one, don't want Kelly, Campbell, or Soderberg in that role as they are better served for 3rd/4th line duties, and Spoon is not ready. If Bergeron is not "Operation on Ice" last year, they win another cup.  If Krejki doesn't get hurt against Philly a few years back, they go to the Cup.  

I also agree that another D-man might be needed---but I think the B's could get by with what they currently have if it is only going to be another Mottau or Zanon type addition.  

[/QUOTE]

Ok, name one team that could win the cup minus one of their top 2 centers.  The quick answer is none.   The bruins have a luxury of having 2 studs at center.   The Bruins also have the luxury of playing an air tight system with an elite goalie.  injuries happen, it can kill a teams chances. But for me our primary area of concern is replacing Seidz and McQ.   It cant be a 5-6 or 7 style dman.  It has to be a legit top 4 dman.   Chara needs help.  When the name Buff comes up its a guy that is very interesting(jets are in the hunt so not likely).   But there is a guy who thrives in the playoffs.  Can play big minutes on defense or fwd.   quickly fills the void on the back end and up front if we need him.  

Up front id love to land kesler but we dont have the players to make that happen or the cap space.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dogmonsta's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All they need is a dman...what would it take to get Ian White? Maybe not the best alternative but they need grit not flash

[/QUOTE]

Is this 2002?   Does white even play anymore, how about we get colin white and Vanna white as well.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Is this 2002?   Does white even play anymore, how about we get colin white and Vanna white as well.  

[/QUOTE]

He's KHL these days

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's KHL these days

[/QUOTE]

With Vanna and Colin?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Luc, you're way off on Lucic's value.  There would be a bidding war if ever he was on the block.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

[QUOTE]

Why not Lucic?   While I love virtually every aspect in Lucic's game, he is the worst forward on the B's when it comes to turnovers and coverage in his own D-zone. Plus, it would be helpful to be able to have a little more speed against teams like Montreal or Toronto come playoff time.    

[/QUOTE]

You belong in a rubber room

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Literal LOL there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

just for a reaction how about we throw Krejci,s name into the Kesler mix?...... would it be even up 1 for 1?......would it be a upgrade? Lucic-Kesler-iggy would not be fun to play against.......sure is a interesting thought to have Kesler in a spoked B, Bergy-Kesler-Kelly up the middle......Krejci for Kesler even up?                                           

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to pucman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

just for a reaction how about we throw Krejci,s name into the Kesler mix?...... would it be even up 1 for 1?......would it be a upgrade? Lucic-Kesler-iggy would not be fun to play against.......sure is a interesting thought to have Kesler in a spoked B, Bergy-Kesler-Kelly up the middle......Krejci for Kesler even up?                                           

[/QUOTE]

if one thinks trading the Beatles for Petula Clark, straight up, is interesting...yeah.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Literal LOL there.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I mean, Vanna White's a turnover machine....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kesler's not what he was in 2011.  This reminds me a little of the lovefest for Ryane Clowe when he was available.

Gillis is a broken record: what do you want for Luongo, Mike?  Roster player, prospect, first round pick.  Ok, how about Kesler?  Roster player, prospect, first round pick.  Ok, what if I just want to get Andrew Alberts for some D depth?  Roster player, prospect, first round pick.

If it was Kelly, Knight, and a first, sure, the Bruins should think about it.  Not Lucic.  Think about Iginla's goal against the Rangers.  He took out two guys on the forecheck, never touched the puck, but it was sitting there like a fat pinata for Krejci to whip to Iginla for the tap in.  Not many players in the history of the league have influenced the game that effectively just by sheer presence.  My favorite moment of the Finals last year was the Chicago bench screaming at Duncan Keith "HE'S COMING! HE'S COMING!" like they were talking about Jason or Michael Myers.  All you saw at first was Keith in the corner, and then that huge black jersey with 17 hove into view and you knew the Hawks had said "head's up when Lucic is on the ice - everyone communicate!"

Teams that talk about Kesler in their pre-game probably say "head's up!  get to close to him and he'll flop like a trout out of water."

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bob McKenzie: We also know he's got the No. 1 highest price on the trade market right now of anybody. And that defined price is three significant components. No. 1, a 20 to 25-year-old established National Hockey League centre, who could immediately step into the lineup and fill much of the void created by the loss of Kesler. No. 2, a top-end prospect. Preferably a forward, but if it was a defenceman it would give the Canucks flexibility to trade one of their existing defenceman down the road. And No. 3, a first-round pick. If the Vancouver Canucks don't get close to that package for Ryan Kesler, I do not believe they'll trade him. If they do get offers along those lines they are going to seriously consider it.

Darren Dreger: You can add the Toronto Maple Leafs to the list of many teams who have expressed interest and have talked to Vancouver Canucks' mangement about Ryan Kesler, but as Bob identifies, the asking price is very, very lofty. So in Toronto Maple Leafs terms, if a deal were to be reached it would likely include Nazem Kadri. It would likely include either Jake Gardiner or Morgan Rielly and that first-round draft pick. And if Morgan Rielly is must as part of this deal then it's unlikely it happens."

"One can only speculate how many teams can afford to land Ryan Kesler from the Vancouver Canucks, but there’s also the matter of him waiving his no-trade clause. He wouldn’t do so to join the Columbus Blue Jackets even if they can make a deal with the Canucks, according to the Vancouver Province. "

Philly has the young forwards Gillis wants.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Literal LOL there.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah.  I mean, Vanna White's a turnover machine....

[/QUOTE]

I hear Vanna is good between the posts, but needs to work squeezing the pads together to protect her 5 hole.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

If that Top 4 D-man is not out there for the Bruins, then this is the guy to get.  He is the best defensive forward out of the lot, the most versatile, and gives more depth at the Top center slot...and he is not a rental, and cheap, relatively speaking.

Getting him without giving up one of our current Top 6 is the challenge.  I'd give up Bart if we could get a D-man in another deal.  Bart is somewhat redundant with Krug and Hamilton already in the fold.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i threw up in my mouth when i read the thread title. that's my immediate reaction. after careful consideration... this in no way makes sense. but neither do the other "possible trade scenarios" we've all been reading for weeks. tiresome

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i threw up in my mouth when i read the thread title. that's my immediate reaction. after careful consideration... this in no way makes sense. but neither do the other "possible trade scenarios" we've all been reading for weeks. tiresome

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to guess that this didn't happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

oh no... i really really did. i get sooo worked up when talkin' bruins. just the sight of kesler in black and ...  oh no it's happening again, please excuse me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

[QUOTE]

oh no... i really really did. i get sooo worked up when talkin' bruins. just the sight of kesler in black and ...  oh no it's happening again, please excuse me.

[/QUOTE]

He is the best forward apparently available.  He would also fit in the B's defensive system unlike Vanek, Gaborik, and others that people are suggesting.   Throw-up all you want, it's hard to argue with that...  I guarantee you would be the first person to cheer for him if he joined the Black & Gold.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is the best forward apparently available.  He would also fit in the B's defensive system unlike Vanek, Gaborik, and others that people are suggesting.   Throw-up all you want, it's hard to argue with that...  I guarantee you would be the first person to cheer for him if he joined the Black & Gold.  

[/QUOTE]

When it comes to whether the Bruins or another contending team should make a move to strengthen itself for the stretch run and the play-offs, it always comes down to price. Every contending team would love to add a piece. But, the smart teams only do so when it doesn't result in mortgaging their future.

Frankly, I don't currently see the 2013-14 B's as legitmate cup contenders. Teams like Anaheim and Chicago appear to be clearly better. That being the case, either the B's need to make a blockbuster deal to "catch up" to those teams, or just do the best they can with what they have. My guess is that they'll choose to do the later, and let the trade deadline pass.

One think the B's have going for them is good goaltending. As playoff history reflects, a hot goaltender can be the "great equalizer". 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You have two posts here on the B's side.  That's it.  Just two total posts.

And they are the same thing.

Sections
Shortcuts