kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals

In Response to Re: kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals:
    [QUOTE]you all continue to dismiss the fact he is only 1 of 7 nhl players with 3 straight 30 plus goal season   thats pretty good
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

You should get together with CactusTony for a PK lovefest.  No one else here really gives a crap.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]i must be missiing something i thought the object of the game is to score goals?  over 600 players in the nhl and only 7 have got 30 plus 3 yrs in a row  hmmmm only 7 makes me think those 7 are pretty good no?

would you rather lose a game 5-4 or win a game 1-0. Kessel helps you score, he doesn't help you win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It doesn't matter to me how good Kessel is, only was the return on trading him worth it.  Seguin alone is worth it, he's younger, cheaper and significantly more talented, more complete, and has a better attitude.  Add in other draft picks, and the cap space saved and freedom to move the bruins own picks so they could land kaberle, horton and campbell, and that trade was amazing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]you all continue to dismiss the fact he is only 1 of 7 nhl players with 3 straight 30 plus goal season   thats pretty good
    He should be able to get 30 goals in his sleep even playing for Toronto.He takes too many games off .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't matter to me how good Kessel is, only was the return on trading him worth it.  Seguin alone is worth it, he's younger, cheaper and significantly more talented, more complete, and has a better attitude.  Add in other draft picks, and the cap space saved and freedom to move the bruins own picks so they could land kaberle, horton and campbell, and that trade was amazing.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

too bad Claude thinks Seguins soft.I will also state AGAIN for all you trolls living in denial about kessels last year with Bruins he was a +17

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

bruins8  I did you a favor and went through the game log for phil this year. The leafs lost 16 games by 1 goal this year in which phil failed to score, i just remember reading last year everytime bruins lost by a goal last year you would hop on here and say "if we had kessel we would have won" 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals : If he was on a top team they'd trade him for 2 1st's and a 2nd.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

End of discussion.  Kessel is a self-centered ex-center who didn't and wouldn't fit with the current squad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Kessel 751 of 764 players in plus/minus ranking.  

And only Tyler Bozak is worse on his team.  Actually 

Bozak  -28
    Kessel -21
    Lebda -14
    Versteeg -13

Rest of team is above -10.

But phil is number one in SOG.  313.
    Closest to him is Grobowski at 235.  Btw, Grabowski is +15 with 3 less pts than Kessel.  They, basically, have the same games played and time on ice too.

Given a choice, who would you pick?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

individuals win trophies ...teams win championships......  kessel of to the golf course again...marchand showed him the proper way to swing a club...lol....glad he is in loser land...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals:
    [QUOTE]in elite status id have to say
    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

you all continue to dismiss the fact he is only 1 of 7 nhl players with 3 straight 30 plus goal season   thats pretty good
    Posted by bruins8

its like a former teammate Aaron ward said its only it bad they couldn't make the ice rinks round cause then Phil Kessel would never have to go in the corners. ha-ha dismiss that and he isn't the only person to kick Phil out the door. truth be told if Brian Burke could take this trade back would he? That's what i thought. if u really care about Kessel bruins81 u should send him some proactive this Christmas instead of a dna sample, well i mean if the restraining order he has against u says u can.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals : its like a former teammate Aaron ward said its only it bad they couldn't make the ice rinks round cause then Phil Kessel would never have to go in the corners. ha-ha dismiss that and he isn't the only person to kick Phil out the door. truth be told if Brian Burke could take this trade back would he? That's what i thought. if u really care about Kessel bruins81 u should send him some proactive this Christmas instead of a dna sample, well i mean if the restraining order he has against u says u can.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

C'mon, be fair: I think I saw Kessel go into a corner once this season. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

bruins8 is correct - a player with a minus 21 is actually in an elite group. Not many of them. 

n Response to kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals:
    [QUOTE]in elite status id have to say

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: kessel 1 of 7 players to have 3 straight 30 plus goals : C'mon, be fair: I think I saw Kessel go into a corner once this season. 
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

felix its very rear u have to admit funnier then that is his hits. people say seguin shys away from hits watch kessel play its almost if he were allergic to contact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Kessel is a really, really good player, but for several reasons it didn't work out here. I find the drama between Bruins and Leafs fans hillarious (especially since I am on the winning side), and I think it adds to the entertainment-value of the rivalry, but I have no ill-will towards Kessel.

Kessel was and still remains a far from perfect player. Elite scorer, but only a very good all-around player. I'd rather have 2 firsts and a second for the type of player that Kessel is, not just was. I'd also rather have Lucic at $4 million than Kessel at $5.4. That said, if Burke hadn't offered what he had, I would have begrudgingly matched the $5.4 and got rid of Ryder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

PK is an elite skater but only a good scorer.  He's shot isn't hard or especially acurate.  He takes a lot of shots and gets a lot of good chances but his finish % is pretty low.  His perimiter play also holds him back.  I don't care if my scorers hit, but they have to be willing to take a bump or two.  A guy like Krejci for example will take abuse to make plays.  And Crosby, well there is an elite player.  I think Phil's speed can change games.  He makes defence nervous and gets the home crowd into it.  I would have him on my team.  But Krejci and Lucic are better players for less money.  Management made the right call building the team around them.  And the return on Phill was amazing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT IF KESSEL WAS STILL HERE RIDING SHOTGUN WITH KREJCI AND LUCIC EVERYONE WOULD LOVE HIM......  HE'S A MINUS PLAYER BECAUSE OF THE TEAM HE IS ON PERIOD....LOOK AT HIS LAST YEAR HERE 36 GOALS A PLUSPLAYER...ITS THE TEAM, IF HE WAS ON THIS BRUINS TEAM HE WOULD BE A 40 PLUS GOAL SCORER AND A PLUS PLAYER

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I was and still am a fan of Kessel.  He's a minus player because he is a on a bad team.  He is a -21 because when he is on the ice the other team scores a lot.  We don't know how many he would score for the Bruins this season, but I am happier with Horton on that line, and he's cheaper.  And having a player of Tyler Seguin's talent on the third line with an entry-level cap hit is a nice advantage for the Bruins heading into the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT IF KESSEL WAS STILL HERE RIDING SHOTGUN WITH KREJCI AND LUCIC EVERYONE WOULD LOVE HIM......  HE'S A MINUS PLAYER BECAUSE OF THE TEAM HE IS ON PERIOD....LOOK AT HIS LAST YEAR HERE 36 GOALS A PLUSPLAYER...ITS THE TEAM, IF HE WAS ON THIS BRUINS TEAM HE WOULD BE A 40 PLUS GOAL SCORER AND A PLUS PLAYER
    He wasn't a 40 goal scorer when he was here. In fact he has never been a 40 goal scorer so why do you say he would be?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from -sabot-13. Show -sabot-13's posts

[QUOTE]SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT IF KESSEL WAS STILL HERE RIDING SHOTGUN WITH KREJCI AND LUCIC EVERYONE WOULD LOVE HIM......  HE'S A MINUS PLAYER BECAUSE OF THE TEAM HE IS ON PERIOD....LOOK AT HIS LAST YEAR HERE 36 GOALS A PLUSPLAYER...ITS THE TEAM, IF HE WAS ON THIS BRUINS TEAM HE WOULD BE A 40 PLUS GOAL SCORER AND A PLUS PLAYER

Phil Kessel 79 games palyed, 61 points, **negative 21**
    Clarke MacArthur 79 games palyed, 61 points   **negative 2**

Both players are on Toronto... so Phil's plus/minus has nothing to do with the team.  It's just how he rolls...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]PK is an elite skater but only a good scorer.  He's shot isn't hard or especially acurate.  He takes a lot of shots and gets a lot of good chances but his finish % is pretty low.  His perimiter play also holds him back.  I don't care if my scorers hit, but they have to be willing to take a bump or two.  A guy like Krejci for example will take abuse to make plays.  And Crosby, well there is an elite player.  I think Phil's speed can change games.  He makes defence nervous and gets the home crowd into it.  I would have him on my team.  But Krejci and Lucic are better players for less money.  Management made the right call building the team around them.  And the return on Phill was amazing.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    When Krejci is willing to take a hit he plays very well.At times he isn't willing to take a hit though .His play the last two years has been brilliant at times but consistently inconsistent through very long stretches.I thought he would have rounded into a top ten scorer ,not sure if that will happen now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

whatever 30 goals 3 in a row is impressive

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think right now Krejci is a high-end talent.  His game was weak last year when he recovered from surgery, and it was weak this year recovering from the concussion.  Outside of that, he has been a point-per-game producer and a player that controls the play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think some people here are confusing things.

Kessel is NOT, in any way, shape or form, a very good, great or especially ELITE hockey player.  What he is, in fact, is a great skater and goal scorer.  Until you are able to discern between the two, you really do not know hockey.  Kessel has NEVER been a very good, great or elite hockey player, and probably never will be for one simple reason:  He has a sh*tty attitude and isnt willing to work hard.  FACT!

He is a great & gifted skater and goal scorer, but until he gets his head on straight, he NEVER will be a good, great or elite hockey player.

Seriously, he wasnt chosen LAST in the All-Star game (a place where he should have shined) for no reason.  His PEARS at the All-Star game didnt even want him on their team....AT THE ALL STAR GAME!  COME ON!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Bruins8,
    stupid post like this are why half the board has you blocked..

Kessel is not here because of the salary he demanded plain and simple. the bruins offered him what they felt was a fair offer for a player of his style and he turned it down.. The kid makes more then bobby ryan, who is certainly a better and more complete player, he makes more then lucic, who is a better and more complete player, (who also scores more meaningful goals.)  All things considered the bruins are in fine shape with out him, and I wouldnt want 5 plus million committed to a one dimensional winger who complains about his coaching, and his line mates ..