Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogwhacker. Show dogwhacker's posts

Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals

Why can't WE get offensive weapons like that?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals

Milan Lucic 26 goals.

Bruins Division lead, 3rd in the conference
    Leafs  4th in division, 11th in the conference

Total offense:

Bruins 5th in the league with 188 goals
    Leafs  25th in the league with 157 goals.

Sorry, you were saying?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals:
    [QUOTE]Why can't WE get offensive weapons like that?
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]
    It was laughable early on in the season how many Kesselites claimed Boston wouldn't have even 1 guy come within 10 goals of Phil.If PK can continue playing well and lead his team to a playoff berth,I'll personally start a new Kessel fan club.Fortunately,I have absolutely no fear of that ever happenning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

This is so old it's laughable. NEXT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals:
    [QUOTE]Why can't WE get offensive weapons like that?
    Posted by dogwhacker[/QUOTE]

Right!  With an offensive weapon like him we'd win in the second round of any playoff series!!

Is that right?

7 game series in Montreal.  Lost with Kessel.
    7 game series v Canes.  Lost with Kessel.

Lots of good that offensive weapon was.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

More importantly, why can't WE just GET OVER IT.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I have no problem saying that Kessel is playing pretty well right now.  His game winner the other night was high class - the kind of move a player who knows he's counted on to lead his team's offense makes.  He's connecting on the PP.  He's moving well.

I also don't care.  You can't make me wish he was still a Bruin.  Horton had a five point game, and he's here because Kessel's not, so do I win the argument?  I fully anticipate that the well will run dry again soon enough for Kess, and he will again be the guy paid to score regularly who disappears for 1/6th of the season at a stretch (also like NaHo).  Then he'll score 8 goals in 6 games before going back into hibernation.  He might be related to Johan Garpenlov (who I always confuse with Par Djoos from that Red Wing roster - maybe because it's funny to call him Pear Juice).  Garpenlov would do nothing for 20 games, then score four in one game. Then nothing for 20.  Then back to back hat tricks.  End of the year, his numbers were 18-20 goals but they seemed to come in 5 games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

Fans in Toronto are saying that was Kessel's best game yet in a Leaf's uniform...

...and he was only a +1. Enough said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals:
    [QUOTE]Fans in Toronto are saying that was Kessel's best game yet in a Leaf's uniform... ...and he was only a +1. Enough said.
    Posted by legolaspinkerton[/QUOTE]

They don't count PP points in the plus/minus stat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

kessel is a traitor to the bruins and if he wants to play and be forgotten in a foriegn land the back woods smalltown of toronto is the place lol. i think your name is drunky drunk ye old winesock who loves the canadians and leafs but claims to like the b's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I know opinion isn't popular among fellow bruins fans but I don't see the need to bash phil. Since he left we haven't had a true sniper goal scoring threat on the wing. Depends how seguin turns out and the pick this year before we know who won the deal. The home crowd always booing phil is pretty stupid IMO. When he was here I didn't here people complain that he was a one demensional player. He is what he is but the one thing he's good at is hard to find in this league. Putting salaries aside or not factoring the cap I wish we still had him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

There is no doubt Kessel is about as gifted offensively as there is in the league but in games it seems he is either great or invisible with no middle ground. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

imagine if he were on the bs he would have 35   40 for the season   playing w noone 25 goals amazing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

That 2 goal game against the Bs was great for the young kids confidence. This spotlight must be tough on the youngster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Who's Kessel?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals : You forgot he led the team in scoring in the playoffs numbnut Lost without Kessel in 7 game series V Flyers
    Posted by 40YrsNoCup[/QUOTE]

I sure as hell didn't forget that stat you clowns like to quote.

Let's have a look at that stat there bucko.

2008-2009  11 games 6 goals 5 assists
    In the sweep of the Habs - that's 4 games - 3 goals.
    Against the Canes - tough 7 game series   - 3 goals.

That spells it out pretty clearly.

7 game series, close checking games he disappears.

Now go look up some more stats to prove to me that the Bruins would have won the Stanley cup if your hero was still on the team.

Recchi said it  - "99% of the guys in the room have only one goal and that's the Stanley Cup"

So why wasn't it everyone?  Who was the guy he was singling out?

Kessel, it's as plain as the bitter lard you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]imagine if he were on the bs he would have 35   40 for the season   playing w noone 25 goals amazing
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

hits dont win hockey games goals do how many goals did lucic score last season   care to wager on this season i will bet you kes has atleast 10 more goals than lucic or in fact ill go 1 step furthr he will have 10 more goals than any bruin this season
    Posted by bruins8

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

we got seguin and his 1o goals   yey 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]we got seguin and his 1o goals   yey 

Kessel in his first season 11 goals. 
    Did you say 'yey' then?

Or are you going to say that you knew his enormous potential then?
    And Seguin's potential?

Season isn't over yet.  I'll bet you Seguin gets more than 11.  Have you been watching him play lately?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

ya barley making the lineup playing on 4th line...been watching, we didnt trade the rookie kessel my friend we traded kessel now for seguin so thats what i base my comments on  i dont care 5 years from now whats happening now, im in it to win the cup now and we let the 25 goals go to get 10  ridiclous if you asked me

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I'd prefer to look at the Kessel situation from the view of owing him a debt of thanks.  If it were not for his desire to leave Boston, the Bruins probably would not have been in position to draft potential blue-chip first-round players, first with Seguin and perhaps again this June despite the B's position as a contending club and not a rebuilding one. 

To compare Seguin and Kessel at this stage of their respective careers is misguided at best; a raw rookie vs an established scorer.  We Bruin fans hope once Seguin begins to find his way in the league, we'll see more of the flashes of skill he's displayed on occasion. 

Phil Kessel will score his share of goals but so did Dennis Maruk when he nailed 60 for the 29-41 1982 Caps.  He's a Leaf.  We should leave it at that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]ya barley making the lineup playing on 4th line...been watching, we didnt trade the rookie kessel my friend we traded kessel now for seguin so thats what i base my comments on  i dont care 5 years from now whats happening now, im in it to win the cup now and we let the 25 goals go to get 10  ridiclous if you asked me

OK, how about some basic math.  See if you can keep up with this.

In order to win games you must score more goals than the other guys.

Now here's where the math gets really really complicated so pay close attention.  Winning 5-1 still counts as a win.  Losing 5-1 still counts as a loss.

It's not how many goals you score in a season, it's WHEN you score those 25 goals.

Right now Kessel has 4 GWG.  GWG is a "GAME WINNING GOAL".  Stop and take a break, you might need it to keep up with all of this complicated stuff.

Guys who score lots of goals AND at the right time win you Stanley Cups.

Right now Kessel has 4 GWG.

Ryder has 5 GWG.  Lucic has 5 GWG.  Recchi has 6 GWG.

Are those players better scorers than Kessel?

Why do they have more GWG?

Does this tell you anything?

Do you understand aby of this?

No.  You don't.

I'm wasting my time as always with you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

Its funny, you always hear the same arguement, Kessel has no one to play with.  Here is a great article on this very topic, posted in the Toronto Star. Interesting read with insight from some old time players.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/philkessel/article/936671

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

[QUOTE]ya barley making the lineup playing on 4th line...been watching, we didnt trade the rookie kessel my friend we traded kessel now for seguin so thats what i base my comments on  i dont care 5 years from now whats happening now, im in it to win the cup now and we let the 25 goals go to get 10  ridiclous if you asked me

please explain how we put kessel 6million in the line-up with out losing one of the following krejci,lucic or bergeron.maybe u want to make the space by getting rid of 4 or 5 of the lower paid players and we could have half a team  atleast say something intelligent

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Kessel starts scoring and the idiot with tunnel vision returns..... LOL
    I actualy find him quite entertaining at times. Very little hockey knowledge but good for a laugh.
    For him to come on here and make a fool of himself over and over and not even realize it, amazes me

Sections
Shortcuts