Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals

What is the point of creating a sarcastic thread every time Kessel scores a goal?  Honestly, what's the point?

It's the same pointless and sarcastic (not to mention incorrect) rhetoric as "So much for Global Warming" every time it snows...

One individual flurry doesn't debunk the overall issue.  Kessel is going to score some goals.  It is going to snow.  Neither of those facts disprove the greater theory.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I wonder when Kessel will disappear and go pointless for ten games in a row. Is there another player in the NHL who goes this hot and cold with such frequency?....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Down goes Brown had sources at the phone company and they got a transcript of Phil's text messages when they were picking players at the all start game.

I found this one most interesting.

9:18 p.m.
    If it's any consolation, you're still my favourite player and always will be. - Peter Chiarelli

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kessel is a great player though one dimensional. Unfortunately I see Seguin as sort of that same type. Very slick and fast, but no desire to hit or dig in the corners. Each could play an entire game with eggs in their pockets and not one would break. The Bruins should force Seguin to watch an hour of Mike Richards tapes every night to see how effective an average size center can be when he plays nasty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

say what you want, but the bottom line is only 1 bruin lucic (7 empty net goals by the way) has as many goals as kessel, and kessel is playing with noone, imagine if he had 46, 91 or 37 as his center, he would have atleast 30, probably more right now,  his speed is deadly and snap shot as well, he is young and will only get better.... we didnt need to lose 17, 37, 46 we couldve slashed money elsewhere, and even if we had to are you all telling me 46 is better than 81? hey i think seguin is gonna be a decent player (not a star as u all imagined) but the bruins time is now not in 5 yrs from now....kessel wouldve helped more than seguin today is what im saying....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals:
    [QUOTE]Kessel is a great player though one dimensional. Unfortunately I see Seguin as sort of that same type. Very slick and fast, but no desire to hit or dig in the corners. Each could play an entire game with eggs in their pockets and not one would break. The Bruins should force Seguin to watch an hour of Mike Richards tapes every night to see how effective an average size center can be when he plays nasty.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    Seguin has 10 hits in 688 minutes.Kessel has 9 hits in 1203 minutes.Seems to me that the rookie Seguin hits twice as much as the veteran Kessel.I know the Seguin vs. Kessel and Hall comparisons will go on throughout their careers.The fact is ,Seguin is already better at the physical/defensive side of the game than PK.I expect Seguin to continue working at improving this side of his  game.I think we're already seeing all that PK will have to offer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Kessel is a punk. He should have been doing that for the bruins who drafted him and turned him into a good NHL player

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Its funny, you always hear the same arguement, Kessel has no one to play with.  Here is a great article on this very topic, posted in the Toronto Star. Interesting read with insight from some old time players. http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/mapleleafs/philkessel/article/936671
    Posted by no1bruinsfan[/QUOTE]

That was an excellent article... thanks no1Bsfan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

KESSEL 25 GOALS NAME 1 BRUIN THAT HAS MORE GOALS....LUCIC BUT WITH 7 EMPTY NET GOALS I DONT CONSIDER LUCIC AHEAD OF KESSEL   BOTTOM LINE OBJECT OF THE GAME IS TO OUTSCORE YOUR OPPONENT

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

LUCIC'S LAST EMPTY NET GOAL WAS ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS GOING TO GO FOR ICING - IT SEEMED VERY CLEAR THAT HE WANTED TO LEAVE IT ALONE TO GO IN FOR KREJCI AND THAT'S UNSELFISH PLAY.  LUCIC HAS TEN TIMES THE CHARACTER OF THRILLING PHIL - WHERE IS THAT RECORDED ON THE SCORE SHEET.

GOOD RIDDANCE AND STILL GOOD RIDDANCE TO 81 AND ALSO TO all upper case typing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]KESSEL 25 GOALS NAME 1 BRUIN THAT HAS MORE GOALS....LUCIC BUT WITH 7 EMPTY NET GOALS I DONT CONSIDER LUCIC AHEAD OF KESSEL   BOTTOM LINE OBJECT OF THE GAME IS TO OUTSCORE YOUR OPPONENT
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

empty net goals are important because they ice the game away and ensure that the opponent is outscored

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]KESSEL 25 GOALS NAME 1 BRUIN THAT HAS MORE GOALS....LUCIC BUT WITH 7 EMPTY NET GOALS I DONT CONSIDER LUCIC AHEAD OF KESSEL   BOTTOM LINE OBJECT OF THE GAME IS TO OUTSCORE YOUR OPPONENT

You better correct nhl.com because they have Lucic with 5 en goals, not 7.

Right, outscore your opponant.  Kessel is a -19.  Oh right, he plays on a terrible team.  Oh wait, that's the second worst on his team, only Bozak is worse than him with a -20.

Grabovski is a +8.

Please explain.

"IF" Kessel has a better center...  well, if I was 6'6", ripped, talented, skated as fast as Seguin, had the talent of Seguin and had 3 years NHL experience then I would be in the NHL.

You keep suggesting that the Bruins would have won the cup last year with Kessel, and that the Bruins would be better with Kessel.  And that's because he has 25 goals this year and he's a former Bruin.

What about Joe Thornton?  By your reasoning the Bruins would have been significantly better with Thornton AND Kessel.

What other players do you like?  You must LOVE Kovalev and Pavel Bure must be the biggest heroes you've ever had in your life.

Can you even have that conversation?  No, you can't.  You are obsessed with Kessel.

And I've told you a million times, yes he can score, yes he is fast, BUT his work ethic and attitude HURT when his team is up against the wall.

Big goals in big games over the last few years.  Sturm comes to mind with the goal against Montreal.  Recchi comes to mind with several GWG at critical times.  When he was a Bruin, Kessel had 6, but Ryder had 7 - and Ryder scored less goals.  Krecji also had 6.

Can you get it through your thick skull that more goals at the end of the year doesn't necessarily mean your helping your team to score more?

For example, you can score 137 goals in one season, if you scored them all in ONE GAME your team would only have won ONE game more because of you.

Do you get that?  Can you understand that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

OK CANT ARGUE W ALL YOU.....LET ME MAKE IT EASIER  TODAY RIGHT NOW WHO IS A BETTER PLAYER SEGUIN OR KESSEL   THATS WHAT THE TRADE WAS FOR NOT FOR SEGUIN VS KESSEL 5 YEARS FROM NOW....  25-10 PRETTY CLEAR TO ME WHO THE BETTER PLAYER IS 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals : That was an excellent article... thanks no1Bsfan.
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed it as well.  Three pretty good players giving their point of view. Says something.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

last seen by the bs kessel had 36 goals and missed 10 games that would mean likely a 40 plus goal season...even if 1 dimensional could we not use 40 goals?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I'd prefer to look at the Kessel situation from the view of owing him a debt of thanks.  If it were not for his desire to leave Boston, the Bruins probably would not have been in position to draft potential blue-chip first-round players, first with Seguin and perhaps again this June despite the B's position as a contending club and not a rebuilding one.  To compare Seguin and Kessel at this stage of their respective careers is misguided at best; a raw rookie vs an established scorer.  We Bruin fans hope once Seguin begins to find his way in the league, we'll see more of the flashes of skill he's displayed on occasion.  Phil Kessel will score his share of goals but so did Dennis Maruk when he nailed 60 for the 29-41 1982 Caps.  He's a Leaf.  We should leave it at that.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    "Words of Wisdom RHO"

I can't believe Bruin fans are still talking about this 2 years after the fact.

Let it go............Kessel is a Leaf and Seguin, Knight and ? are Bruins

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals : You better correct nhl.com because they have Lucic with 5 en goals, not 7. Right, outscore your opponant.  Kessel is a -19.  Oh right, he plays on a terrible team.  Oh wait, that's the second worst on his team, only Bozak is worse than him with a -20. Grabovski is a +8. Please explain. "IF" Kessel has a better center...  well, if I was 6'6", ripped, talented, skated as fast as Seguin, had the talent of Seguin and had 3 years NHL experience then I would be in the NHL. You keep suggesting that the Bruins would have won the cup last year with Kessel, and that the Bruins would be better with Kessel.  And that's because he has 25 goals this year and he's a former Bruin. What about Joe Thornton?  By your reasoning the Bruins would have been significantly better with Thornton AND Kessel. What other players do you like?  You must LOVE Kovalev and Pavel Bure must be the biggest heroes you've ever had in your life. Can you even have that conversation?  No, you can't.  You are obsessed with Kessel. And I've told you a million times, yes he can score, yes he is fast, BUT his work ethic and attitude HURT when his team is up against the wall. Big goals in big games over the last few years.  Sturm comes to mind with the goal against Montreal.  Recchi comes to mind with several GWG at critical times.  When he was a Bruin, Kessel had 6, but Ryder had 7 - and Ryder scored less goals.  Krecji also had 6. Can you get it through your thick skull that more goals at the end of the year doesn't necessarily mean your helping your team to score more? For example, you can score 137 goals in one season, if you scored them all in ONE GAME your team would only have won ONE game more because of you. Do you get that?  Can you understand that?
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Why are you feeding this argument BadHab?  Put the guy on ignore and let it go

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]OK CANT ARGUE W ALL YOU.....LET ME MAKE IT EASIER  TODAY RIGHT NOW WHO IS A BETTER PLAYER SEGUIN OR KESSEL   THATS WHAT THE TRADE WAS FOR NOT FOR SEGUIN VS KESSEL 5 YEARS FROM NOW....  25-10 PRETTY CLEAR TO ME WHO THE BETTER PLAYER IS 

OK, I'll play it your way.

You are dead wrong about the trade.  It was not for Seguin for Kessel NOW, it was for Seguin now and Kessel when they drafted him - and Kessel didn't make the team when they drafted him.

If Seguin got 5 times as many minutes that he has now he would be a 50 goal scorer.  And a 50 goal scorer is better than Kessel's 40.  No wait, make that 8 times as many minutes, he would be an 80 goal scorer.

Hold on, if Seguin played every minute of every game he would score...

No wait. 

LRH is right. 

Ignored. 

Wasting my time with an idiot and all the meanwhile my backyard rink is melting.

I'm better off shooting some pucks.

Or having more intelligent conversations with my wife's cat.

Or watching reruns of Flipper.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]OK CANT ARGUE W ALL YOU.....LET ME MAKE IT EASIER  TODAY RIGHT NOW WHO IS A BETTER PLAYER SEGUIN OR KESSEL   THATS WHAT THE TRADE WAS FOR NOT FOR SEGUIN VS KESSEL 5 YEARS FROM NOW....  25-10 PRETTY CLEAR TO ME WHO THE BETTER PLAYER IS 
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE] Where do you go when Kessel goes into one of his scoring droughts?????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

it was seguin now for kessel now...you keep saying when kessel was a rookie he had 11 goals..ok if the trade was seguin for the 11 goal kessel yes bad trade...but it was the 36 goal kessel for seguin now.....even if seguin scores 50 for the next 20 seasons it wont help this seaason you follow me...all im saying is last yr and this season kessel wouldve helped the bs more than no kessel  thats it team is built to win now

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]it was seguin now for kessel now...you keep saying when kessel was a rookie he had 11 goals..ok if the trade was seguin for the 11 goal kessel yes bad trade...but it was the 36 goal kessel for seguin now.....even if seguin scores 50 for the next 20 seasons it wont help this seaason you follow me...all im saying is last yr and this season kessel wouldve helped the bs more than no kessel  thats it team is built to win now

fer chrissakes what is wrong with you?

the deal was Kessel for 2 1st round picks and a second.

what is this utter and complete crap that you keep making up abou it being Kessel for Seguin straight up?

OBVIOUSLY the trade wasn't intended to help the team immediately.

And for Kessel helping the team to win - what did his 36 goals get us in 2008-2009?

What reality was that when he was here his goals didn't take the team past the second round.  That was proven.

Not even bringing the cap into it - which is more relevant than his goals.

Not even bringing in the fact that he dissed his coach outright, when Julien said the weight room is that way, he laughed at him and went to the parking lot.

Did you ever play any sports in your life?  Is it OK when a player disses his coach?

You are the only person left on the planet who thinks that dishing Kessel was a bad idea.

Go onto the Leaf boards and read those, find out how many Leaf fans were happy to swap 2 firsts and a second for Kessel.

I can't believe I've wasted this much of my life with this.

I'm missing out on the important stuff in life like the NAS crusade against Chowdah.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel: 4 More Points Vs Montreal: 25 Goals : fer chrissakes what is wrong with you? the deal was Kessel for 2 1st round picks and a second. what is this utter and complete crap that you keep making up abou it being Kessel for Seguin straight up? OBVIOUSLY the trade wasn't intended to help the team immediately. And for Kessel helping the team to win - what did his 36 goals get us in 2008-2009? What reality was that when he was here his goals didn't take the team past the second round.  That was proven. Not even bringing the cap into it - which is more relevant than his goals. Not even bringing in the fact that he dissed his coach outright, when Julien said the weight room is that way, he laughed at him and went to the parking lot. Did you ever play any sports in your life?  Is it OK when a player disses his coach? You are the only person left on the planet who thinks that dishing Kessel was a bad idea. Go onto the Leaf boards and read those, find out how many Leaf fans were happy to swap 2 firsts and a second for Kessel. I can't believe I've wasted this much of my life with this. I'm missing out on the important stuff in life like the NAS crusade against Chowdah.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

LOL ! I have come here to solve your problem. You can waste a little more of your life by staying here without missing a thing . Be patient and just watch !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

ok 1 question honestly right now today if we could have seguin or kessel for this season's playoff run  who would you take?  next season is next season  im talking about this seasons playoff run kessel or seguin on this bs team....  trade intended for future? why do we keep building for the future..today is here and we have a shot at the cup...go for it! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Is the n.h.l folding after this year? 

Sections
Shortcuts