Kessel and Leafs still rolling

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Kessel and Leafs still rolling

This stinks, I was so looking forward to another top 5 pick.  Hopefully the Leafs revert over this tough stretch of teams coming up, but watching Hockey Night in Canada Leafs vs Pitt is a great game and Tor has looked really tough to play the last handfull of games against some really good teams. 

Kessel is looking good too.  It's a reminder of the dimension he gave us when we had that great offense with him and savvy together.  I dont want the bruins binky suckers to get on me here, so full disclosure, the trade of kessel will workout better for the b's in the long run, I just wish we could have used his cap money to find a better replacement for that skill and scoring level he brought us.

Do we make one more move and maybe deal this sliding toronto pick while it's still top 6-7?  Sure would love to see us get that offensive dimension that the Leafs and many others have, then this Bruins team would have the trifecta like no other team (best tenders, lockdown Dman, potent offensive talent).  Most other teams have 2 out of 3, about 3 teams with all 3 areas covered.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prob2236. Show prob2236's posts

Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling

Yea what the hell, they traded half there talented players away and there still climbing the ranks.  The worse they get the better they get.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I am watching the Leaf-Pens game right now....crazy, no defense. Leafs have a chance to win another....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Kessel and Leafs still rolling:
    [QUOTE]This stinks, I was so looking forward to another top 5 pick.  Hopefully the Leafs revert over this tough stretch of teams coming up, but watching Hockey Night in Canada Leafs vs Pitt is a great game and Tor has looked really tough to play the last handfull of games against some really good teams.  Kessel is looking good too.  It's a reminder of the dimension he gave us when we had that great offense with him and savvy together.  I dont want the bruins binky suckers to get on me here, so full disclosure, the trade of kessel will workout better for the b's in the long run, I just wish we could have used his cap money to find a better replacement for that skill and scoring level he brought us. Do we make one more move and maybe deal this sliding toronto pick while it's still top 6-7?  Sure would love to see us get that offensive dimension that the Leafs and many others have, then this Bruins team would have the trifecta like no other team (best tenders, lockdown Dman, potent offensive talent).  Most other teams have 2 out of 3, about 3 teams with all 3 areas covered.
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]
    Hopefully Pitt can win in regulation but they just took a penalty with 3 minutes to go..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I do wonder if it's one of those things where a team brings up a bunch of guys chomping at the bit for a chance in the NHL and ply above their talent level, then flatten out.  I hope anyways!

Leafs have been part of some great games recently.  Hopefully pitt can take the other point tonight!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling:
    [QUOTE]I do wonder if it's one of those things where a team brings up a bunch of guys chomping at the bit for a chance in the NHL and ply above their talent level, then flatten out.  I hope anyways! Leafs have been part of some great games recently.  Hopefully pitt can take the other point tonight!

pitt already got there moneys worth out of that 7th rounder they traded for kovalev with his shootout winner against Toronto

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No kidding Loyal...Kovalev has already won more games for the Pens then he did for Ottawa in 2 years....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Enough about the Leafs games.  This is a BRUINS board, not a Leafs board.  If you wanna talk about the Leafs' pick, that's fine, but let's not continually bring up how well the Leafs and Kessel are playing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Why do we care what Kessel does? I understand seeing how Tor. does but seriously, Kessel? I'm going to start Stuart, Wheeler, Wideman, Hunwick, and Lashoff threads.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]Why do we care what Kessel does? I understand seeing how Tor. does but seriously, Kessel? I'm going to start Stuart, Wheeler, Wideman, Hunwick, and Lashoff threads.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

I don't. Merely intersted in the Leafs due to the draft pick situation. I am looking forward to next year when all these silly TO threads can go away....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling : I don't. Merely intersted in the Leafs due to the draft pick situation. I am looking forward to next year when all these silly TO threads can go away....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]
    That's why I get the Tor. threads but all these threads on a player who doesn't play for Boston anymore, drives me nuts. This is how NOT feels all the time I bet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 306bruinsfan. Show 306bruinsfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling : That's why I get the Tor. threads but all these threads on a player who doesn't play for Boston anymore, drives me nuts. This is how NOT feels all the time I bet.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Probably because he is what was traded away in order for Boston to get those picks and has an effect on how Toronto does in the standings.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I too am sick of Kessel. He is not worth so much of our time and effort. I mean, my god, he is not Gretzky or Lemieux. He is an above average goal scorer  who will likely never be good enough to win anything at the NHL level....let it alone...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I too am sick of Kessel. He is not worth so much of our time and effort. I mean, my god, he is not Gretzky or Lemieux. He is an above average goal scorer  who will likely never be good enough to win anything at the NHL level....let it alone...
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.  He's an ex-Bruin. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling : pitt already got there moneys worth out of that 7th rounder they traded for kovalev with his shootout winner against Toronto
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]
    Yes they have... as mediocre  as Kovalev was tonite....there is nobody on the Bruins that can fire it like that....that was sick.......real sick!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Great game last night,entertaining hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel and Leafs still rolling : Yes they have... as mediocre  as Kovalev was tonite....there is nobody on the Bruins that can fire it like that....that was sick.......real sick!!
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]
    Horton and Seguin both have world-class wrist shots.You're right though.Kovalev can rip it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

The thread was 95% about the Tor record for bruins pick and about this Bruins team needing to replace the skill/scoring forward, not sure where you see this as a "kessel thread".  His name was brought up because the b's are still trying to replace what he brought, a legit scoring threat, but I was talking about the bruins not the laffs.  Relax rulers of the message board, anything else we should avoid talking about to keep you happy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

A loss tonight v Atlanta knocks them downone slot.

The odds of them dropping are better than the odds of them rising.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I bet most of the posters on here have Bruins jerseys that they put on when they watch.I never quite got that.                

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomOBrien. Show TomOBrien's posts

For all the comments being made and I agree with most, there is a Toronto tracker thread for this topic...that is where most of us go for updates and comments re: all things Toronto.
    Doc

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]The thread was 95% about the Tor record for bruins pick and about this Bruins team needing to replace the skill/scoring forward, not sure where you see this as a "kessel thread".  His name was brought up because the b's are still trying to replace what he brought, a legit scoring threat, but I was talking about the bruins not the laffs.  Relax rulers of the message board, anything else we should avoid talking about to keep you happy?

And may I add that if you don't like it, stay away.  Do you really need to post about it?   Stay on topic or start another thread.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

I really hope so, at worst I want us to get a hamilton huburdeau murphy strome class.  Obviously, top 4 would be ideal, here's hoping to a laffs skid.  If the history of their team tells us anything, good hot streaks, dreadful losing streaks.  Hopefully they're due for the crushing losing streak and kessel dissapears for another dozen games. 

B's getting a top 4 guy is exactly what the organization needs.  Develop a seguin RNH/Cout duo of forwards and hope they're your insert dynamic duo here (kane/toews etc).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Not sure I get your point scooter? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]I really hope so, at worst I want us to get a hamilton huburdeau murphy strome class.  Obviously, top 4 would be ideal, here's hoping to a laffs skid.  If the history of their team tells us anything, good hot streaks, dreadful losing streaks.  Hopefully they're due for the crushing losing streak and kessel dissapears for another dozen games.  B's getting a top 4 guy is exactly what the organization needs.  Develop a seguin RNH/Cout duo of forwards and hope they're your insert dynamic duo here (kane/toews etc).

Smart thinking... I thought this thread was going to be another "Kessel and the Weafs" song... "I am walking on sunshine...yeah!"  Thank goodness it wasn't cause I was sworn to a plege of not talking about Sir Kessel way back this last summer.