Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..

The only one who moved Kessel was Kessel. Absolutely a sniper, but that's all. The spoiled kiddy wanted out and he got it. Chiarelli managed the process to produce quality and capability, plus it ain't over yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

I would never take Kessel over Seguin let alone adding Knight and this years Leaf draft pick.  Seguin will have all the tools Kessel has plus the playmaking and vision of Marc Savard.  I would take Kessel back for Ryder :)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    I would never take Kessel over Seguin let alone adding Knight and this years Leaf draft pick.  Seguin will have all the tools Kessel has plus the playmaking and vision of Marc Savard.  I would take Kessel back for Ryder :)
    Posted by mattbs

I would take Byron Bitz for Ryder.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kessel is a talented goal scorer for sure. Thats why the Leafs gave up two 1's and a 2nd to get him.
     I don't think ayone is arguing that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i loved watching kessel..hated that they traded him...and I wasnt one who bashing him..but it is what it is...thats the past... when the team plays like last night...we dont need him... when we play like the previous 6 games..... even he wouldnt have helped... every day though sequin is looking a litlle better..

if they dont win the cup this year... all those threads will come back but until then...lets see what we can do...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    We must give this guy his due..At 23 he already has 124 goals in 366 games. He is proving himself to be a pure sniper and unlike Bruin's fans opinion of him- very durable! Phil only missed time due to mono & cancer - come on B's fans- should have cut him more slack instead of helping the brass & KPD run him out of town. he is on track for a  Hall Of Fame career statistics wise anyway..I thought he got a raw deal here. Typical though.. Stats courtesy of ESPN. 2006-2007 BOS 70 11 18 29 -12 12 170 6.5 1 4 0 0 0 14:04 33:56 2007-2008 BOS 82 19 18 37 -6 28 213 8.9 5 2 0 0 3 15:14 33:45 2008-2009 BOS 70 36 24 60 23 16 232 15.5 8 7 0 0 6 16:33 19:18 2009-2010 TOR 70 30 25 55 -8 21 297 10.1 8 8 0 0 5 19:33 24:52 2010-2011 TOR 74 28 27 55 -20 20 297 9.4 10 10 1 0 5 19:42 26:29 Career -- 366 124 112 236 -23 97 1209 10.3 32 31 1   Phil is completely ruining the Bruins draft pick position as he keeps scoring and scoring and scoring..next year I can see 40 -50 on this ever improving Leafs team.. We shoulda and coulda kept him..
    Posted by cactusTony

hello bruins8

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    In Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. : hello bruins8
    Posted by thedauber1

Exactly right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

In Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    We must give this guy his due..At 23 he already has 124 goals in 366 games. He is proving himself to be a pure sniper and unlike Bruin's fans opinion of him- very durable! Phil only missed time due to mono & cancer - come on B's fans- should have cut him more slack instead of helping the brass & KPD run him out of town. he is on track for a  Hall Of Fame career statistics wise anyway..I thought he got a raw deal here. Typical though.. Stats courtesy of ESPN. 2006-2007 BOS 70 11 18 29 -12 12 170 6.5 1 4 0 0 0 14:04 33:56 2007-2008 BOS 82 19 18 37 -6 28 213 8.9 5 2 0 0 3 15:14 33:45 2008-2009 BOS 70 36 24 60 23 16 232 15.5 8 7 0 0 6 16:33 19:18 2009-2010 TOR 70 30 25 55 -8 21 297 10.1 8 8 0 0 5 19:33 24:52 2010-2011 TOR 74 28 27 55 -20 20 297 9.4 10 10 1 0 5 19:42 26:29 Career -- 366 124 112 236 -23 97 1209 10.3 32 31 1   Phil is completely ruining the Bruins draft pick position as he keeps scoring and scoring and scoring..next year I can see 40 -50 on this ever improving Leafs team.. We shoulda and coulda kept him..
    Posted by cactusTony

Who cares about Kessel.....Even without this years 1st rd pic from the Leafs we still win the trade. Let Kessel score his meaningless pts on a non playoff team for the next 10 yrs.......maybe the leafs will put his jersey in the rafters with 0 cups...Just go away no one wanted KESSEL as a Bruin

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The Leafs rise up in the standings ( and dropping the value of the pick ) should be attributed to the arrival of James Reimer. He is the main reason for their success in the latter part of the season for the Leafs. Kessel's play has been better of late but Reimer has been the talk of the town in Toronto. If he had been in T.O. since the start of the year and playing this way he would be the leading candidate for the Calder IMO hands down.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Smart post! Dead on.  I said way back good luck to Phil Kessel when he departed for the dough, media attention, and closer to home mantra.  More power to the kid.  He is just not that good to warrant 5..... what ever million per.  The Bs are a better team without him and Toronto is a bit more bitter with the the prospects of the trade.  If one looks in the rear view mirror while driving that person will bound to be in an accident.  I like the Bs with Horton, Seguin and a draft pick from Toronto rather than Boston right now.  Draft day will spell another thought on the future.  BTW Cheers Chowdah!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I
    Reimer is the only reason that that the pick has dropped. You are clearly an idiot.

n Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    Posted by cactusTony

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77Fan. Show 77Fan's posts

Sigh, I personally am getting tired of these Phil Kessel posts. He's gone, deal with it or go with him.
    As stated he isn't single handedly doing Sh*t, Reimer is.
    Also with the draft there is always a few diamonds in the rough,
    P.Bergeron 2nd rnd 45th, M.Lucic 2nd Rnd 50th, D.Krecji 2nd 63rd, T.Rask 1st rnd 21st, Z.Chara 3rd rnd 56th and that brings me to Tim Thomas 9th round 217th overall.
    The task falls on the scouting staff of the bruins to draft the right guy.
    Go Bruins!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Is there a point to any of this?   Shouldn't the question be: Are we closer to a Cup?  Kessel is a Leaf. Done. Gone. Finito.
    Posted by ipot

I certainly think the Bruins are closer with the current squad rather than what we would have seen if Kessel stayed.What are your thoughts on it iPot?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. : I certainly think the Bruins are closer with the current squad rather than what we would have seen if Kessel stayed.What are your thoughts on it iPot?
    Posted by dezaruchi

I can be the most negative of persons at times.  But are you trying to make a stone bleed dez?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. : I can be the most negative of persons at times.  But are you trying to make a stone bleed dez?
    Posted by islamorada

I'm serious with my question Isla.iPot seems to be a little up in the air about the team recently and I sincerely wanted his take on the current lineup and their chances.That's the problem I have with being such a dick all the time.it makes it hard to be taken serious.Cheers!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. : I'm serious with my question Isla.iPot seems to be a little up in the air about the team recently and I sincerely wanted his take on the current lineup and their chances.That's the problem I have with being such a dick all the time.it makes it hard to be taken serious.Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi

The negativity of the post was directed at ipot certainly not you.  The problem I have is I am negative when the Bs play poorly, likewise optimistic when they play well.  So kinda limited.  But I am not negative all the time.  Cheers to you, great win the other night!  Kessel is an enigma, that will not change with time.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

now its a maybe top 15, at the beginning of the year all these Bruins geniuses on this site were all saying it would be a top 5 / lottery pick- remember? where have they gone? they are still here , just hiding ...I seee you Give Phil his DUE!
    Posted by cactusTony

PK is a good offensive threat, no doubt. However, more often than not, a defensive liability. I would make that trade again 100 times over! And FYI... It will be just outside the top 5 pick in the draft. The Leafs will not make the playoffs which means we also get a shot at the lottery. Right now, it a #10 pick and 4 teams hold games in hand on the Leafs. I think it'll end up being around a #8 pick.

And finally, Kessel is not the reason the Leafs are doing better. You just trying to convince yourself that it wasn't a good trade. If you were objective in your views, you would know that the reason the Leafs have been playing much better is James Reimer!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Personally, I don't really care. I was hoping for a lottery pick but obviously now that is not going to happen. The Bruins will pick top 10 and that's just fine with me. I'm glad that Kessel is no longer on the team. He is/was a very selfish player and the prospect of watching Seguin, Knight and whoever else we get this year develop is just fine with me.

I was never an anti-Leaf Bruins fan. In fact, they were always harmless so I always cheered for them on HNIC until the last few years. Its not like they're the Habs or something. I'll be glad when this draft business is behind us. We made the trade and, I believe, will reap the rewards. Whether we draft 8th or 10th now I really don't care. Settle in for the playoffs I say!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc23bfan. Show dc23bfan's posts

the guy doesnt even talk to Ron Wilson he is a lockerroom terror

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

#81 gone but not forgotten

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Too many of you drink the Kool aid from the JACOBS CULT..when, thats WHEN not if, the Bruins wind up getting eliminated by a team with a pure scorer on it, fast & talented, sniper, you will all be cryin in your Ruin's jerseys and looking for someone else's head to come off.. LIke the old bruins always lost to the much speedier and talented Montreal teams, it shall happen again..Does Guy Lafleur ring a bell? he wasnt' the best mucker or grinder or backchecking expert, but he sure knew how to kill the Bruins with his speed and deadly shot... Go ahead, make my day- deny it !?
    Posted by cactusTony

There's something wrong with my computer monitor, because your post looks like it compares Kessel to Guy Lafleur. Nobody would be foolish enough to post something like that.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from azteck. Show azteck's posts

the bruins like the red sox always use nesn to bad mouth and support the teams decision to get rid of a player  phil kessle was a victim of bad publicity put out by the bruins and expanded by nesn the B's made a big mistake getting rid of him like the sox made a big mistake to get rid of manny nesn drills it into there viewing audience that kessle was not fit to be a bruin and the people believed what a blunder

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devanjan. Show Devanjan's posts

Kessel is minus 21 on the Leafs (only Bozak is worse at minus 27). Seguin is a work in progress (as was Kessel in his first year) actually imo only first years should be compared (and THAT is hard because Kessel had cancer during his first year and missed about 11 games after surgury. 

I think that Reimer has played above and beyond and has a great future with the Buds as he gives up so few rebounds that second chances are hard to come by. (Witness the last Bruin egg laying against the Leafs - The B's out shot the Leafs but had few good scoring chances. Kessel was a non factor but Reimer was THE factor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

seguin, knight, and a top 15 pick for 5.4 mil kessel, hmmmm..........tough call.  but he does have 40 this year, ooops..........you're cut
    Posted by Seabasshole

QFT

Sections
Shortcuts