Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..

Really dude. After a 7-0 win you come in here and say the B's need his "pure sniper" ability? The B's have a well balanced attack. No need for a one way player on this team. If Ryder doesn't fit in Kessel sure as hell wouldn't/didn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Cactus, you already used up your quota for useless posts today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    [QUOTE]We must give this guy his due..At 23 he already has 124 goals in 366 games. He is proving himself to be a pure sniper and unlike Bruin's fans opinion of him- very durable! Phil only missed time due to mono & cancer - come on B's fans- should have cut him more slack instead of helping the brass & KPD run him out of town. he is on track for a  Hall Of Fame career statistics wise anyway..I thought he got a raw deal here. Typical though.. Stats courtesy of ESPN. 2006-2007 BOS 70 11 18 29 -12 12 170 6.5 1 4 0 0 0 14:04 33:56 2007-2008 BOS 82 19 18 37 -6 28 213 8.9 5 2 0 0 3 15:14 33:45 2008-2009 BOS 70 36 24 60 23 16 232 15.5 8 7 0 0 6 16:33 19:18 2009-2010 TOR 70 30 25 55 -8 21 297 10.1 8 8 0 0 5 19:33 24:52 2010-2011 TOR 74 28 27 55 -20 20 297 9.4 10 10 1 0 5 19:42 26:29 Career -- 366 124 112 236 -23 97 1209 10.3 32 31 1   Phil is completely ruining the Bruins draft pick position as he keeps scoring and scoring and scoring..next year I can see 40 -50 on this ever improving Leafs team.. We shoulda and coulda kept him..
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]
    Yeah,he helped the Leafs make it all the way to 29 last year.HOF career.........surely you jest?Do you really think the HOF votes in 30 goal scorers that don't win?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    [QUOTE]Too many of you drink the Kool aid from the JACOBS CULT..when, thats WHEN not if, the Bruins wind up getting eliminated by a team with a pure scorer on it, fast & talented, sniper, you will all be cryin in your Ruin's jerseys and looking for someone else's head to come off.. LIke the old bruins always lost to the much speedier and talented Montreal teams, it shall happen again..Does Guy Lafleur ring a bell? he wasnt' the best mucker or grinder or backchecking expert, but he sure knew how to kill the Bruins with his speed and deadly shot... Go ahead, make my day- deny it !?

Hysterical.  Absolutely hysterical.  Nice job.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

seguin, knight, and a top 15 pick for 5.4 mil kessel, hmmmm..........tough call.  but he does have 40 this year, ooops..........you're cut

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    [QUOTE]I JUST STATING THE BRUINS COULD USE THIS GUY MORE THAN SEGUIN Bruins8 on Phil Kessel n Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. :
    Trust me youngblood you don't want to agree with Bruins8. Kessel didn't help out much when he was here and he scored more goals, go figure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]I JUST STATING THE BRUINS COULD USE THIS GUY MORE THAN SEGUIN Bruins8 on Phil Kessel n Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. :

I respectfully disagree.  No one is denying Kessel's excellent scoring abilities but I'm not sure if they would over-ride Julien's team-defense schemes and the club's need for his tendency to go one-on-three with the opposition. 

The Leafs need him badly as he's their prime offensive weapon so its doubtful Wilson would make a healthy scratch out of him.  As Julien's already proven, the same can't be said if he were still in Boston.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Cactus, If you want to talk hockey OK. Look at the depth that Kessel will provide the Bruins for years to come because Phill wanted 1Mil more a year. Seguin has outperformed both Thornton and Phat Phil's rookie season numbers. Knight could add more depth in years to come and the pick the Bruins get this year will still be a high pick for a stud defenseman like Beaulieu.

Where was Phil when Boston needed him in two game 7s against the Habs and the Canes that's not worth 5mil but he is worth three depth players for years to come.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Enjoy the big victory over Montreal..they only kicked our butts all over the place in all the previous games... I tell you what, I would rather have Phil Kessel and his 5 mill, than Ryder with his 4mill and injury riddled Ference with his 2.3 mill and TomTom at 36 with his 5 mill.. yu idiots keep backing that moron of a GM and yu deserve the knockout punch waiting for these inconsistent pansies led by a total clueless coach and a figure headed president.

Sleep tight Lil' Habby

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]Enjoy the big victory over Montreal..they only kicked our butts all over the place in all the previous games... I tell you what, I would rather have Phil Kessel and his 5 mill, than Ryder with his 4mill and injury riddled Ference with his 2.3 mill and TomTom at 36 with his 5 mill.. yu idiots keep backing that moron of a GM and yu deserve the knockout punch waiting for these inconsistent pansies led by a total clueless coach and a figure headed president.

Granted!  You can have him, buddy.  Kessel can and will score a hell of a lot of goals just like when Dennis Maruk sank 60 for the 29-41 1982 Caps.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The Leafs rise up in the standings ( and dropping the value of the pick ) should be attributed to the arrival of James Reimer. He is the main reason for their success in the latter part of the season for the Leafs. Kessel's play has been better of late but Reimer has been the talk of the town in Toronto. If he had been in T.O. since the start of the year and playing this way he would be the leading candidate for the Calder IMO hands down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

"Phil is completely ruining the Bruins draft pick position as he keeps scoring and scoring and scoring..next year I can see 40 -50 on this ever improving Leafs team..
    We shoulda and coulda kept him"

Kessel isn't destroying our pick chances . We already got our pick " Seguin"
    any pick this year is just added benifit.

Check back on this forum when Seguin is a 23 yo. He's already out performing Kessel when comparing rookie years

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, Kessel gets little credit for the Toronto success.  Reimer's been outstanding and they have lots of guys playing well.  Phil is still brutal defensviely.  I have no problem with pure skill players that aren't muckers, but Phil just isn't that good of one.  Not bad, but he's no Gretz.  I like PK, but that trade was awesome for the B's.  Seguin is much more talented than Kessel.  It also allowed them to move their own pick and use the cap space to bring in Horton and Campbell.  And as an FYI, yes Kessel is pretty durable, but he also missed time with a shoulder injury.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position..:
    [QUOTE]We must give this guy his due..At 23 he already has 124 goals in 366 games. He is proving himself to be a pure sniper and unlike Bruin's fans opinion of him- very durable! Phil only missed time due to mono & cancer - come on B's fans- should have cut him more slack instead of helping the brass & KPD run him out of town. he is on track for a  Hall Of Fame career statistics wise anyway..I thought he got a raw deal here. Typical though.. Stats courtesy of ESPN. 2006-2007 BOS 70 11 18 29 -12 12 170 6.5 1 4 0 0 0 14:04 33:56 2007-2008 BOS 82 19 18 37 -6 28 213 8.9 5 2 0 0 3 15:14 33:45 2008-2009 BOS 70 36 24 60 23 16 232 15.5 8 7 0 0 6 16:33 19:18 2009-2010 TOR 70 30 25 55 -8 21 297 10.1 8 8 0 0 5 19:33 24:52 2010-2011 TOR 74 28 27 55 -20 20 297 9.4 10 10 1 0 5 19:42 26:29 Career -- 366 124 112 236 -23 97 1209 10.3 32 31 1   Phil is completely ruining the Bruins draft pick position as he keeps scoring and scoring and scoring..next year I can see 40 -50 on this ever improving Leafs team.. We shoulda and coulda kept him..

I find it comical how the most people can say about Phil & the Leafs is how he is ruining Boston's draft position. Not to pick on the original poster but I will take Seguin, Knight & a top 15 pick for Kessel & the additional capspace any day of the week.

I don't think it was Brian Burke's idea to get Kessel so the Leafs could finish in 10th as opposed to 5th. If this is what Leafs fans are grasping to now then the organization is in worst shape now then I thought.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

,,,jacobs.....sheep........
    snore.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

More like Reimer is is single handily destroying the Bruins draft pick position.  They would be a bottom 5 team without Reimer.  Reimer has been outstanding to say the least.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]More like Reimer is is single handily destroying the Bruins draft pick position.  They would be a bottom 5 team without Reimer.  Reimer has been outstanding to say the least.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

yes, and to all else who answered "Reimer" - you are correct.

And as for giving Phil credit...  I will never understand you people, ever.  Everyone on the planet admits he can score goals, but it is only certain people that see no faults with his game at all and think everyone owes them an apology.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kessel singlehandedly destroying Bruins draft pick position.. : yes, and to all else who answered "Reimer" - you are correct. And as for giving Phil credit...  I will never understand you people, ever.  Everyone on the planet admits he can score goals, but it is only certain people that see no faults with his game at all and think everyone owes them an apology.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    It took me a few minutes to stop laughing after CactusTony wrote that Phil's numbers had him headed to the Hall of Fame.If Kessel wants in the HOF,he'll have to pay admission like the rest of us.