Kevan Miller Makes It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Kevan Miller Makes It

Stan pointed out that Miller is going to break camp with the big club.

6'2, 200lbs defenseman

Not a pure goon, but certainly not afraid to throw them.

But wait.  A defesenman?

Chara, Seidenberg

Boychuk, McQuaid

Bartkowski, Krug

Hamilton

Miller?

In order for Miller to be a regular, two defensemen have to go.  Be it to Providence or the Western Conference, Chiarelli isn't keeping him on the NHL roster to be nice.  I've been looking at the list for a few minutes.  Who would you move?

I'd send Seidenberg (old, contract) first and then probably Krug (because I don't like him).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Kevan Miller Makes It

chiarelli said they are keeping 8 defensemen. i see no need for a move. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well ive sensed a move these past couple of weeks and I agree with Nas Seids gets the gate, only because the younger guys play as well or better than him and he will bring back a decent draft pick/

But the one things im sensing more than anything is a move up front. That 3rd line is over populated and with the play of spooner, Johnston and sods along with caron, Im thinking Kelly gets moved.

This has been the best depth the Bs have had in awhile so anything is possible.

I dont see PC giving up on the young guys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

If it means Miller would actually get to play (ugh), I wouldn't move any of them. He's an 8th defencemen at best, except maybe on the Panthers. Seids is most likely gone after this season, if not at the trade deadline. Your pal Krug's not going anywhere.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The roster on Oct 1 will not necessarily be the roster on Oct 3. 

They have to get to 23 by the first day of the season.  They can wait a couple of days to drop another guy or two (especially if that means teams looking to vulture the waiver wire meet their needs with someone else's fringe prospect) in order to improve the cap situation.  I think they carry 22 tops.  If not, Miller is on the Boychuk plan.  He will sit and practice and learn to be an NHL defenseman but will not see the ice for 50 games...though he might be first in to replace McQuaid if he gets injured just because they're both physical guys who will fight rather than the more fluid, offensively gifted skaters.

Don't understand why you're so down on Krug, NAS.  Hype get to you?  Or is he getting tainted by association with the PP: "they have to fix the PP and he's the guy to do it!"

Are you not entertained?!?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I know he's not as young and it is a contract year, but the B's have a legit shot at the Cup and he's an important piece. Nothing from the small sample I've seen from Kevan Miller suggests he's even close to the type of d-man Seidenberg is.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Maybe because they can't play eight defensemen?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

interesting scenarios coming up. Ryan Whitney just released by the Blues, would have been snatched up a year ago. Seids is a good prospect for being moved, but so is Boychuck, and hopefully Thorny is retired with a pat on the back.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Maybe because they can't play eight defensemen?

Seidenberg is the teams second best defensemen. The team is a cup contender. Why would you move him? If you have to move a vet I say boychuk. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Seidenberg is the teams second best defensemen. The team is a cup contender. Why would you move him? If you have to move a vet I say boychuk. 

Seidenberg is a stay at home defenseman.  He is replaceable.  He has made his living playing next to one of the best defensemen of the past 15 years. 

Basically, he's Don Sweeney. 

And he's old.  And his contract is up.

The spot next to Chara was filled by a rookie last year.  That rookie played the majority of the season next to Chara and was then benched in the playoffs.  Seidenberg's spot next to Chara can be filled by McQuaid or Bartkowski or even Hamilton again.

Or maybe Kevan Miller can take that slot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL... great thread ! all that's missing is " Caron being show cased " that's why he made the team (nevermind waivers was the real reason). He actually looked pretty decent the last 2 games.

You're too funny with your stance on Krug, your hatred for " legends in the making " , popular players that haven't proved enough yet .  I knew sooner or later you would break out. There are a few others coming LOL
    I would be shocked if Seideberg gets traded , not that I feel he must stay , I just feel Julien values him too much (maybe one of the mistakes he made in SCF ) .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Seidenberg is a stay at home defenseman.  He is replaceable.  He has made his living playing next to one of the best defensemen of the past 15 years. 

Basically, he's Don Sweeney. 

And he's old.  And his contract is up.

The spot next to Chara was filled by a rookie last year.  That rookie played the majority of the season next to Chara and was then benched in the playoffs.  Seidenberg's spot next to Chara can be filled by McQuaid or Bartkowski or even Hamilton again.

Or maybe Kevan Miller can take that slot.

i staunchly disagree. Look at the first pairing from the regular season to playoffs. When Seidenberg and Chara are paired up they are dominant for half the game. I think Seidenberg should be re-signed if it's reasonable. Bartkowski might be able to fill that role in 2 years, but not now. And I say that thinking that Bartkowski might be the teams third best defensmen as of today. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

and maybe that's what other teams are looking at also.  He shouldn't have played games4 , 5 or 6 in the SCF he was hurt .  This is why I'm not sure PC would persuade Julien to depart with him in a trade .  I  would be shocked but depending on return not disappointed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seidenberg is Don Sweeney ?

WoW!

"Time to wake the snakes!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

and maybe that's what other teams are looking at also.  He shouldn't have played games4 , 5 or 6 in the SCF he was hurt .  This is why I'm not sure PC would persuade Julien to depart with him in a trade .  I  would be shocked but depending on return not disappointed.

only way I'd trade Seidenberg is if an upgrade on D comes in. Like Yandle. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The roster on Oct 1 will not necessarily be the roster on Oct 3. 

Bingo, I suspect ? Miller will be sent down soon. This may be just "paying complements" to a player I suspect they want to take a leadership role in Providence this upcoming season.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Carolina needs a d-man, no Pitkanen for the year, wouldnt shock me if they picked up Ryan Whitney.
    Boy has Ryan Whitneys stock fallen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I wouldn't be buying any green bananas around trade deadline time if I were DS or Boychuk.

Don Sweeney ? ... NFW

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I'm not looking to trade him but I think it's pretty much a given that we won't resign him (much like Ference last year). However, as the season revolves, we may need to fill a spot and he might be the candidate that could bring a half decent return. PC made a great trade in getting him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I'm not looking to trade him but I think it's pretty much a given that we won't resign him (much like Ference last year). However, as the season revolves, we may need to fill a spot and he might be the candidate that could bring a half decent return. PC made a great trade in getting him.

makes 0 sense. He is a key component of a cup contending team. You don't trade those guys. And it's not at all like Ference. There are guys in the system that are cheaper and can replace ference. Who is a ready replacement for Seidenberg right now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If I had a choice between trading Boychuk or Seidenberg ?

Hmm...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

If I had a choice between Boychuk or Seidenberg ?

Hmm...

really?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

You are such a t00l sometimes DK46!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If I had a choice between trading Boychuk or Seidenberg ?

Hmm...

good question. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If I had a choice between Boychuk or Seidenberg ?

Hmm...

I dont think it gets to that. Both valuable pieces. If any out of the starters gets pushed out I think it's McQuaid. I do think they want to limit Charas' minutes this year. Last year, in the Cup Finals, he, like everyone else was dinged up and tired. Come playoffs, he's the most valuable back there and with the condensed schedule we may see a little less of him this year.

Sections
Shortcuts