Kevan Miller Makes It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: Kevan Miller Makes It

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

You are such a t00l sometimes DK46!

not that guy. and i was honestly asking. You really think there's a decision to be made between those guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I think NAS is right in that McQuaid could potentially replace Seidenberg, who does appear to have lost a step and whose gritty game will probably deteriorate pretty quickly as he gets older. That said, I can't see him getting moved unless a veteran D-man is brought in some how. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

When will the "Trade Lucic" thread start this year?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to mxt's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Seidenberg is the teams second best defensemen. The team is a cup contender. Why would you move him? If you have to move a vet I say boychuk. 

and maybe that's what other teams are looking at also.  He shouldn't have played games4 , 5 or 6 in the SCF he was hurt .  This is why I'm not sure PC would persuade Julien to depart with him in a trade .  I  would be shocked but depending on return not disappointed.

only way I'd trade Seidenberg is if an upgrade on D comes in. Like Yandle. 

I'm not looking to trade him but I think it's pretty much a given that we won't resign him (much like Ference last year). However, as the season revolves, we may need to fill a spot and he might be the candidate that could bring a half decent return. PC made a great trade in getting him.

makes 0 sense. He is a key component of a cup contending team. You don't trade those guys. And it's not at all like Ference. There are guys in the system that are cheaper and can replace ference. Who is a ready replacement for Seidenberg right now?

I agree. It makes zero sense today, but as the season goes, we very well could develop a situation where we need to fill a spot (long term injury?). What happens if, say, Rask goes down? We would have to make a move and Seids (or anyone for that matter) might be part of it. I don't want him to go, but if need be (and the fact he's gone at end of year), it's not entirely impossible.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

@DCBruinsFan - Can McQuaid log those minutes though ?

When Seidenberg is healthy the man is an absolute horse. If PC is looking to free up money I'd rather move Kelly. Depth on the blueline is a premium. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And I say that thinking that Bartkowski might be the teams third best defensmen as of today. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

And I say that thinking that Bartkowski might be the teams third best defensmen as of today. 

he's better defensively than boychuk and i don't think he'll have too much trouble topping boychuks career high of 16 points. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

he's better defensively than boychuk and i don't think he'll have too much trouble topping boychuks career high of 16 points. 

It's impressive that you can determine this based on his career totals.

27 NHL games, two points

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No one but Chara has outplayed Seidenberg, who, unless I'm on something, has played excellent hockey on the second pairing as often as he has played with Chara.  Pairing him as the steadying influence for Hamilton is the plan, I think.  Chara-Boychuk, Seidenberg-Hamilton is your top 4, and given the emphasis on chemistry, McQuaid-Krug will be your bottom pairing.  I won't be surprised in Bartkowski is the whip they use to drive Hamilton - couple of bad games or develop some bad habits, and they'll be quick to sit him for two or three or even longer if MB plays very well.

Johnson needs waivers, Caron needs waivers.  That's why they've survived.  I don't remember if Miller needs them, but that, too, could be smokescreen just to hang on to these guys long enough to sneak them through.  I think they're OK with the cap if they do keep them all once Savard is LTIR'ed, but they might have a bonus cushion limit issue to deal with, so I really hope they do make another move or two before too long.

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It's impressive that you can determine this based on his career totals.

27 NHL games, two points

I didn't realize that Boychuk's highest NHL point total for a season was only 16. I think both him and Bartkowski top that this year barring injury. Our defence as a whole should put up some pretty good numbers this season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hard to judge Dmen in Julien's world based on points.  In Julien's world, the first job of the #1 C is defense.  So, you know, that's probably the #1 job of the #4 D man.

Are you not entertained?!?!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I won't be surprised in Bartkowski is the whip they use to drive Hamilton"

I hope it hurts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Boston has two of the best defensive D in the league - if the goal is to win a Cup this year, why would you get rid of one of them?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

People ready to put Seidenberg in the nursing home @ 32 years-old?

Bartkowski-mania has taken hold, relax people.  25 year-old d-man with about 600 fewer NHL games than Seidenberg.

What about Hamilton?  Isn't he already better than McQuaid?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Insane to consider moving Seidenberg at the deadline because of his contract coming up and you think a rookie can do just as well in the playoffs. That's like trading Horton at last year's deadline because Soderberg is on the way or Spooner is ready.

Chara, Seidenberg and Boychuck are three key reasons why Boston can take out Pitt, Det, NYR or any other pretender along the way. Bart, Krug and Hamilton are nice to have and certainly provide depth, but they're not building blocks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzyDizzyIzzy. Show BuzyDizzyIzzy's posts

OK.........Seidenburg is Sweeney? Seidenburg is old? He is the 2nd/3rd best D man on the B's. He is a borderline All star Dman. Chara is the OLD one in reality, but in fantastic physical shape. Chara,Seidenburg, Boychuk are the 3 pillars of this D, with the young core filling it(and doing it nicely). Lets get real here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

NO WAY PC moves Seids this season. It's an Olyo year & the B's are going to cut down on Chara's ice & Seids won't be playing in them. He'll be relied upon more than ever in this yrs play-offs to take a lot more of the burden off of Z especially down the stretch run. I think getting rid of your 2nd best defenceman in an Oylmpic yr that he'll be well rested for a deep play-off run would be a huge mistake! 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

People ready to put Seidenberg in the nursing home @ 32 years-old?

Bartkowski-mania has taken hold, relax people.  25 year-old d-man with about 600 fewer NHL games than Seidenberg.

What about Hamilton?  Isn't he already better than McQuaid?

Only one that wants to do that Crowls. Must be too much Fla sun that fried his skull & the mush that's in it! Up yours NAS! Tongue Out

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

OK.........Seidenburg is Sweeney? Seidenburg is old? He is the 2nd/3rd best D man on the B's. He is a borderline All star Dman. Chara is the OLD one in reality, but in fantastic physical shape. Chara,Seidenburg, Boychuk are the 3 pillars of this D, with the young core filling it(and doing it nicely). Lets get real here.

Yes.  The idea of trading a team's 3rd best defenseman is insane.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to BuzyDizzyIzzy's comment:

13 years in the league and he has never made an All-Star team. How is that borderline? Your either an All-Star or your not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

You can't blow it up too much guys.  Already trying to assimilate 2 guys into the top 6 forward spots.  No sense screwing around with the back end just yet.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

13 years in the league and he has never made an All-Star team. How is that borderline? Your either an All-Star or your not.

Are there any teams with All Star d-men playing the #3 role?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Not that I am aware of.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Not that I am aware of.

Tobias Enstrom and/or Byfuglien depending on who lines up on the top pairing with Bogosian on a given night.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I was as shocked as anyone that Miller broke camp with the big team. It makes you wonder if something is in the works cause clearly you can't keep 8 D-men hanging around. But like someone said earlier the roster on Oct 1st could be very different from the roster on Oct 3rd. I always thought he was decent player at UVM but didn't know if his skating would be good enough for the NHL. Always like seeing former Hockey East guys get a chance. 

Sections
Shortcuts