Kevan Miller Makes It

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Kevan Miller Makes It

Practice today . I guess Hamilton is not the 7-8th d-man unless Julien is channeling his inner Belichick trying to fool his opposition .  Doubt that.

Defense pairs in practice today: Chara-Hamilton, Seidenberg-Boychuk, Krug-McQuaid, Bartkowski-Miller ^CS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dc-bruins-fan's comment:

I think NAS is right in that McQuaid could potentially replace Seidenberg, who does appear to have lost a step and whose gritty game will probably deteriorate pretty quickly as he gets older. That said, I can't see him getting moved unless a veteran D-man is brought in some how. 

I've been one of McQuaid's supporters from day 1 but he's nowhere near Seidenberg's level. Seidenberg is a great combo of hits and blocked shots that's matched by few in the league. He also makes a terrific breakout pass. None of those things are heavily influenced by being paired with Chara and they're a skill-set he's brought to every team he's played for. I can absolutely see him being priced out of Boston (ala Ference) but he's nowhere near as easy to replace as some are suggesting. The guy's a rock solid player. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Here's an experiment:

The sky is blue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's an experiment:

The sky is blue.

Looks like it's gonna be a big day for science.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Here's an experiment:

The sky is blue.

Not at night.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"F U NAS!!!"

-pauly

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Kevan Miller Makes It - Oh, No, He Doesn't.

He's on waivers.  As expected.

I wonder if any of the speculation that his sticking for a few extra days meant x, y, z, actually meant something.  Did Chiarelli make some calls to teams who could use a McQuaid, maybe?  Or did he just let it be known that the Bruins felt they had 8 NHL defenseman and see who called and what they had to offer?

I guess we'll never know.  Unless Seidenberg doesn't re-sign next year because he felt disrespected, and besides, Soderberg was sleeping with his wife. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good point, pauly.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Seidz has lost a step but no way do i want McQ in the top 4.  Hes a 5-6 dman and can be used on the pk.  Seidz will finish this year out and move on.  He has been a fantastic pickup.  But until one of the young guys is ready to fill in i am not even thinking about parting with him. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Seidz has lost a step but no way do i want McQ in the top 4.  Hes a 5-6 dman and can be used on the pk.  Seidz will finish this year out and move on.  He has been a fantastic pickup.  But until one of the young guys is ready to fill in i am not even thinking about parting with him. 

I don't know how this will affect the experiment Nas is doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

All you guys saying he lost a step... I think that is incorrect. He had a hamstring injury throughout the playoffs last year after the Leafs series, he sat out a bunch of games... Is everyone forgetting this? I'd like to see you skate at full speed with nagging hamstring injury. If he's fully healthy (at 32) then I think he'll be just as quick as he used to be.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I just wanted those to know I stayed on the thread title....Kevan Miller.  Did he play for the Red Sox?  When first hearing of the 8th defenseman decision, the question was who is the guy?  I cannot remember anyone mentioning his name in threads over the past month.  So I would speculate McQuaid is being shopped.  Did anyone who saw preseason games see Miller as a keeper?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

I just wanted those to know I stayed on the thread title....Kevan Miller.  Did he play for the Red Sox?  When first hearing of the 8th defenseman decision, the question was who is the guy?  I cannot remember anyone mentioning his name in threads over the past month.  So I would speculate McQuaid is being shopped.  Did anyone who saw preseason games see Miller as a keeper?

I think he played good enough in the preseason, but nothing impressive enough to shop any of the current defesemen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The talk about him (Miller) has always been that he's strong, not especially mobile, but sound.  He became a popular "under the radar" guy when looking at the Bruins's depth (I think is was Luedeke who first said he was a guy worth watching).  SanDog has a different opinion - that he doesn't have the mobility at all.  I'll let him complete the sentence if he wants.

I think it's highly improbable that they would move any of the four vets in the lineup to add another rookie/AHL call up.  Think about that.  Cup finalist returns it's top six from the year before, and then moves one of the more experienced guys so that the top 7 is three guys with more than half a year of NHL experience and four guys in their first 82 game season.  Nope! 

Sections
Shortcuts