Kevan Miller recalled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Kevan Miller recalled

We recalled the P. Bruins defenceman with the worst plus-minus on the team. Anybody been watching him that can give us a word or two on his play this year?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Kevan Miller recalled

In response to mxt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We recalled the P. Bruins defenceman with the worst plus-minus on the team. Anybody been watching him that can give us a word or two on his play this year?

[/QUOTE]

Not really a surprise especially considering the health of the D in Prov. The brass saw enough in training camp to know exactly what they're getting with Miller. I'm not very pleased with the idea of him seeing any significant minutes this year. Once they get healthy, I'd much rather see how Morrow or Trotman would fare.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

He's not much of a skater, but when D-men get trial call-ups like this, they usually play a very simple, safe game and hold their own that way.  He'll have a good competitive attitude and will desperately want to impress in his chance.

Miller will be like a fat girl at the prom -- happy just to be there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I've seen Providence twice this year.  Lots of talent down there.  Miller didn't stand out for me.  Only Cross has been an obvious misfit.  My guess is that he will look like Aaron Johnson did last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

He'll play 12 minutes.  The puck will touch his stick for less and 5 seconds total, because every time it gets near him it will immediately be off the glass and out.  Even if he's already in the offensive zone.  He's not that bright*.

*[I have no idea how smart or stupid the guy is.]

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

As long as he plays a safe 10-12 mins and doesn't try to fight he should be ok.....hopefully.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

He a bit tougher that others in Providence and that is what the Bs require at this time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I love when people who have never seen the guy play chime in on his ability.

This place is a trip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This place is a trip.

[/QUOTE]

Guy's got blazing speed, quick accurate snapper from the point which he directs towards traffic for tips, and a great breakout pass. From what I hear from my buddy's scout buddy, this is what's up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

This place is a trip.

I seen him in the pre season and actually thought he was ok, hes a tough defenseman and with Mcqaid out and seids who is hard to play against, the Bs actually need this, he may be a minus with providence but that doesnt reflect on his ability to perform at an nhl level.

2013-14 Regular Season Providence Bruins 12 1 2 3 -7 15 30 0 0 0 0.000 2012-13 Regular Season Providence Bruins 64 2 14 16 5 82 71 0 0 0 0.000 2011-12 Regular Season Providence Bruins 65 3 21 24 20 84 98 0 0 0 0.000

Thats for those who judge a player with a minus. It doesnt reflect on his abilty alone but more so how it is where he is playing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guy's got blazing speed, quick accurate snapper from the point which he directs towards traffic for tips, and a great breakout pass. From what I hear from my buddy's scout buddy, this is what's up.

[/QUOTE]

hahaha.....funny he never showed any of that in the pre-season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I went to Providence once this year. I remember seeing him on the ice.

Pretty much sums up my knowlege of him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

C'mon NAS, Bartkowski is a shutdown defender....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

This place is a trip.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, did you miss seeing him during the preseason? What makes you think others have "never" seen him play?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

milan  lucic said hes never got hit any harder by a player than this guy  at camp 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Seen the guy in preseason and live 3 times this season so here's my assessment for what it's worth.

Big, physical stay at home Dman who generally makes safe, solid, low-risk plays to move the puck within or out of his zone. No offensive skills that I've seen but that's not what they will ask from him. Okay skater, not noticeably fast but solid on his blades and hard to move. Competes hard for the puck in the corners and along the boards. Likes to hit and will drop 'em once in a while. Positioning seems pretty good to me when I've seen him. He seems pretty close to NHL ready as a 3rd pair dman on an ok team. That's probably his upside for the B's, a 3rd pair guy or 7th dman. We'll see if he gets exposed against NHL skaters tonight. I think the B's thought this is a safe call-up and Miller is maybe the least likely PB dman to get flustered against a very good StL team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Well if you youtube him theres more than once in awhile drop the gloves lol. He will be fine for the fill in.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

Watched providence acouple times & Miller fought both games, each one against the other teams pain in the butts.....held his own, with 1 bein against Haley. Trotman or Morrow would have been the pretty picks here but Miller is what you would expect the B,s to be calling up reliable,dependable, simple, you know the Trent Whitfield over Marchand call up. The other 1 maybe called up would have been Moore the captain in Providence. He was pretty good honestly. I didnt know much about him but he wears the C & kinda a perennial AHL player but stood out.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This place is a trip.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, did you miss seeing him during the preseason? What makes you think others have "never" seen him play?

[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct.  Let me fix that.

I love when people who have never seen the guy play in a real game chime in on his ability.

And yeah, I did miss him in preseason.  I don't think I saw any preseason games this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This place is a trip.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct.  Let me fix that.

I love when people who have never seen the guy play in a real game chime in on his ability.

And yeah, I did miss him in preseason.  I don't think I saw any preseason games this year.

[/QUOTE]

Last night was his first "real game" then if I'm understanding your definition correctly. I can learn as much watching a guy in preseason against NHL'ers as I can by watching him in the minors against fellow minor leaguers. He was what I expected last night. Decent enough as a fill in but I hope he never becomes a fixture on the Boston blue line. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien really likes Miller (minutes showed last night) and that will go a long way in the Bruins organization. If I'm a Providence Bruin playing on a Sunday with Boston having the day off - always think that Julien might be in the stands. He's been making quite a few trips down i've heard.

It probably be the late 80s - early 90s the last time the Bruins had this many good young defenseman. PC has too look south and feel real good right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Julien really likes Miller (minutes showed last night) and that will go a long way in the Bruins organization. If I'm a Providence Bruin playing on a Sunday with Boston having the day off - always think that Julien might be in the stands. He's been making quite a few trips down i've heard.

It probably be the late 80s - early 90s the last time the Bruins had this many good young defenseman. PC has too look south and feel real good right now.

[/QUOTE]

That has had me thinking since training camp, and since they didn't lose Bartkowski for Iginla last year, and with the dumping of Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley, that PC is a push button away from making an eye-popping trade.

Whenever he wants to push the button, a deal will be done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I for one even tho i checked his stats didnt realize it was millers first game in the nhl. Now i know hes no spring chicken and i seen him play in the pre season he didnt disapoint me in the game last night. I though he recovered well for himself and a couple of other situations he shut down the opponent on others mistake, Well done.

Sections
Shortcuts