Kevin Bieksa

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Kevin Bieksa

This year plus two more at $4.6.  He's 32 and in the back end of his prime, but obviously is skilled and has the requisite experience.  He's definitely a Bruins type of player.  Very tough, and I don't mean fighting (good at that too).  He fits the mold perfectly as to what our need is.  Probably going to cost you Spooner and Bartkowski.  Remember, it costs a lot to get a lot.  Not a pair of socks and a 4th round pick like most of you hacks offer in your fantasyland deals.  If he's not available Chia, make him available.  No more Philips, MacDonald, Shultz etc. rumors.  Please bring in a legit Dman!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Re: Kevin Bieksa

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

This year plus two more at $4.6.  He's 32 and in the back end of his prime, but obviously is skilled and has the requisite experience.  He's definitely a Bruins type of player.  Very tough, and I don't mean fighting (good at that too).  He fits the mold perfectly as to what our need is.  Probably going to cost you Spooner and Bartkowski.  Remember, it costs a lot to get a lot.  Not a pair of socks and a 4th round pick like most of you hacks offer in your fantasyland deals.  If he's not available Chia, make him available.  No more Philips, MacDonald, Shultz etc. rumors.  Please bring in a legit Dman!

Too much of a cap hit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not sure about 'prime of his career', I'm not sure about 'very tough', and I really don't like $4.6 for an aging d-man with the Bruins cap scenario.

He most certainly is not better than Andrew MacDonald.

I don't hate the idea, but let's be honest about it.  If Bieksa fits at all, I would suggest a straight rental that they could hopefully dump at the end of the year.  The $9.2 mllion over the next two years would give me pause (Seidenberg isn't dead BTW, he comes back in May/June and just signed a deal).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins had a scout watching Nick Schultz this past weekend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i don't think he's as good as you think he is. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"make him available"?

Yeah, Mike, I know you don't want to deal Bieksa because he's pretty much your second-best defenseman, and that you have a team-building plan to change the identity of your club and emphasize defensive responsibility, meaning veteran D are pivotal....  I know all of that Mike.  But these here are pictures of you and the Sedin twins in a Swedish massage parlour eating caviar off of a dead baby seal and snorting a mountain of cocaine with Russian mobsters, terrorists, and geriatric transgendered prostitutes.  It's a little blurry, sure, but I'm pretty sure the Province will run with it.

That must be what you're talking about, because adding Caron and a 3rd to a reasonable hockey trade isnt going to convince anyone, and offering Lucic or Bergeron or 5 firsts would just be stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I'm not sure about 'prime of his career', I'm not sure about 'very tough', and I really don't like $4.6 for an aging d-man with the Bruins cap scenario.

He most certainly is not better than Andrew MacDonald.

I don't hate the idea, but let's be honest about it.  If Bieksa fits at all, I would suggest a straight rental that they could hopefully dump at the end of the year.  The $9.2 mllion over the next two years would give me pause (Seidenberg isn't dead BTW, he comes back in May/June and just signed a deal).

I agree, I'm hoping for Andrew MacDonald, i really like his game. He would be a great addition !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also, he has a rep as a [euphemism for lady parts] who acts tough but is more a cheap shot artist than a genuinely tough D.  He's not soft, but I don't think he's one of those guys where you like him if he's on your team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bieksa plays fine.  I've never considered him tough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Just a thought - if the Jackets go into sell mode, what about Nikitin?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bieksa...I will pass

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Just a thought - if the Jackets go into sell mode, what about Nikitin?

Great minds think alike....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oy vey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Nikitin has a good +/- but gives the puck up a lot, I'm a jackets STH and see him alot, great shot he never uses and looks lost on defense often

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to slakrking's comment:

Nikitin has a good +/- but gives the puck up a lot, I'm a jackets STH and see him alot, great shot he never uses and looks lost on defense often

Thanks, nice to hear from someone he sees him more frequently.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's funny how sometimes you can form impressions of players from way back and they don't really change.

I was at Miami-Ohio when Kevin Bieksa played at Bowling Green (grad student, not that young).  He was a big, tough D-man for the NCAA ranks and a leader on his team.  Miami had a kid named Jason Deskins who was their top offensive player (that team also had future Bruin star Patrick Leahy at forward...).  Deskins was about 5'10, 180 lb, but played very physical.  

Anyhow Bieksa and Deskins used to go at it every shift all game long, depsite Bieksa being way taller and a good 20 lbs bigger.  I'm telling you, Deskins started to own him physically.  Hounded him at every whistle and went at him in front of the net.  You could see Bieksa tiring from it.  Deskins would crash the Bowling Green crease without a moments hesitation, right in front of Bieksa, then turn and challange him when the whistle blew.  If one of Bieksa's teammates came at him, Deksins would go around him to get at Bieksa.  At the time I thought 'wow, this big rough defensemen is being bullied by a much smaller player'.  Since then I have had many deja vu moments along these lines with Bieksa.  He's tough...when other players aren't.

One fond memory of Shawn Thornton from the 2011 Stanley Cup, was that he went out and asked Bieksa if he wanted to fight on every single shift.  Of course Bieksa wasn't going to go with Thornton, but it appeared to unnerve him being asked 10 times a game.  Took any illusion of toughness away.  That's the way I wish Thornton would always play instead of being such a gentlemen.  Get guys rattled and uneasy any time you can.  Exploit the weakness.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Bieksa plays fine.  I've never considered him tough.

He is against others who aren't tough though! He's got too big of a mouth for one thing & he's always yapping BS to the media. The B's have Marchand for that, but at least Brad keeps it all on this ice. And I think that's more of a testament of how the B's coaching staff keeps it that way. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Oy vey

The Smothers Brothers strike again!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

All of this pretty much sums up Bieksa,pass.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to slakrking's comment:

Thanks slakrking's ..I also watch a lot of the jackets games on Center Ice ...I love Ryan ...but I think that under Claude Julien and within the BRUINS system ..Nikitin would improve a lot and would learn to use his shot ....I dont know what Columbus would ask for him but whi knows....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrgrQyQgw0

A great Bieksa moment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Thanks slakrking's ..I also watch a lot of the jackets games on Center Ice ...I love Ryan ...but I think that under Claude Julien and within the BRUINS system ..Nikitin would improve a lot and would learn to use his shot ....I dont know what Columbus would ask for him but whi knows....

keep posting like this and forget about all the other nonsense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Ugh... I know the B's desperately need another NHL defenseman, but I just dont want to root for that guy.  Always seems to be big talk, then go grab someone who's not interested in the rough stuff. No thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Wow!  Glad you guys have nothing to do with running this team.  Nikitin?  MacDonald?  unbelievable.  Back into hibernation I go.  What a bunch of baffoons on here!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to CamOJonasink's comment:

Wow!  Glad you guys have nothing to do with running this team.  Nikitin?  MacDonald?  unbelievable.  Back into hibernation I go.  What a bunch of baffoons on here!

You were really missed,see ya.

Sections
Shortcuts