Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joliger. Show joliger's posts

Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

In his twitter account, Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle and says he would consider trading Seguin in the off season.  Any thought?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

I would consider trading my mother if the right deal came along. 

Seguin will be fine.  He'll lead the team in scoring again soon.  His defense and hustle in teh finals alone put the lie to any Daigle abortions comparisons.

Are you not entertained?!?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Seguin will be fine.  He'll lead the team in scoring again soon.  His defense and hustle in teh finals alone put the lie to any Daigle abortions comparisons.

Dayglo?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

KPD is an embarrassment and not worth following on Twitter.  Hardly a knowledgable hockey mind, his assessment carries zero weight with me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dayglo?

[/QUOTE]

Yup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Unlike other guys on other teams with his skills and youth, Seguin has never been given top line TOI or freedom.  He playing in the B's system as well as anyone.  Sure he's laid an egg on the scoresheet in the post season, but he's been quite the contributor overall.

In reviewing the Twitter feed, it's clear that Dupont was just having some fun with the masses.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Nice of you to check in KPD. Now go back to sleep like like you have been since you helped run Thornton out of town.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

LMFAO KPD OKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Just another reporter keyboard happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joliger. Show joliger's posts

Copying some of Dupont's tweets below.  May be incomplete though.

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD 7h

Yes. RT“@RMcC15: @GlobeKPD If you were Chiarelli, would you consider dealing Seguin this offseason to help with cap?

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD 10h

One word: Daigle. RT“@MattA75: @GlobeKPD you don't think it's still too early to give up on him?”

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD 9h

Incapabable of playing center. RT“@justwalden: @GlobeKPD mWho has more responsibility for Seguin's struggles? The player or the team?

Give me Hall for Seguin, Horton. RT“@JoeGiza: @GlobeKPD so looking back to that draft how much better is Taylor Hall than Seguin now?”

Welcome to Reality Blvd. RT“@justwalden: @GlobeKPD I'm with you on the Daigle references. Seguin just floats too much, little spark.”

Kevin Paul Dupont @GlobeKPD 8h

Ding. Ding. Ding. RT“@charlielapin: @GlobeKPD IMO, Alexandre Daigle:Jack Johnson :: Patrik Stefan: Tyler Seguin”

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think Seguins dealing with an injury.  How can someone lead scoring in switzerland then play the way hes played this year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Sucked in. RT“@allansteele25: @GlobeKPD wrong professor.@GlobeKPD: It's you're. RT“@allansteele25: @GlobeKPD Bad flight today? Your elbows..

Sucked in . RT“@CoggKnocker: @GlobeKPD @allansteele25 Not seeing anything wrong with this post by Mr. Steele. YOU'RE an idiot.”

+1 RT“@BigBadBruinFan: @GlobeKPD @allansteele25 lol cmon people your making youre arguments easily contested ;) whuckkawhuckaa”

Your welcome. RT“@jpotz51: @GlobeKPD is keeping the ride from CT to FL highly entertaining. Good stuff this morn'.”

Good to be unpredictable. RT“@allansteele25: @GlobeKPD I kept my gloves on, Marchand like. You're cranky tonight Dupes, off your game.”

Your correct. RT“@AlanMairson: miracle @a_constant2 @allansteele25 is @GlobeKPD trolls Twitter feed, riles upcrowd & gets paid. Great gig

---

This is called "trolling".  It's incredibly funny for those that don't take simple statements personal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I prefer to compare Daigle to the Habs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Colorado or Florida offered there #1 picks I would do it in a heart beat. We all know anyone can be traded. I'm not happy with Tylers play but he isn't as terrible as Daigle.

Just try to remember being a reporter at the Boston Globe, you cannot be the nice guy writer and expect to last.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I prefer to compare Daigle to the Habs. 

Daigle appeared more like the one in white most of the time....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I remember that Daigle ad!  It created a huge firestorm for everyone involved.  People were up in arms about the nurse picture.

(What they should have been up in arms about was that we all bought the hell out of those Score cards and they aren't worth 10 for a penny today!)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I remember that Daigle ad!  It created a huge firestorm for everyone involved.  People were up in arms about the nurse picture.

(What they should have been up in arms about was that we all bought the hell out of those Score cards and they aren't worth 10 for a penny today!)

so i wasn't the only one to be taken?.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin does not have an injury, but he's also not playing with the all-time play-making line either. He's worked hard to become a 2-way player and unfortunately it's his offense that is suffering right now. I think he is young, I think he may have been overconfident after his fun ride through the European league when he was probably the best player out there. But the last thing the B's need to do is trade him, or dump him. He's a cog on this team. I've never rooted more for a guy to do well than Tyler because I know what he's capable of. I saw him put on a clinic 2 years ago at Toronto when he scored 2 goals that only a star player with superior skills (dekes, and a wicked shot) can do. This guy is going to be fine. My only wish is that he somehow score a big goal tonight. It would be great for everyone involved. He's worked his butt off to have some positive results.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Hoping Seguin picks up some important points in the next 2-3 games. His somewhat below expectations play hasn't hurt the team too much given they're in the 5th game of the Final. Dupont, talkin' out of his *ss.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He is saluting with the wrong hand.   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am frustrated with Seguin's ability to finish. I know goal scorers can be streaky but I don't understand how a guy wth his shot and skills can have so many chances to score and not score a few goals.  Other than that however I think he is playing the best hockey of his career.  This is the toughest time of year to play and he is going to the dirty areas on the ice more often then he ever has, thrown more hits and he can be counted on to play great defensively and he has a few key assists. How much defence does Taylor Hall play?  Seguin has Bergeron as a role model and I really believe he wants to try and improve all aspects of his game. If KPD is even half serious about comparing Tyler to Daigle then he shouldn't have his job as he has no clue about hockey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Seguin will get 70 points next season....29G.  41A ...period 

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 2013 (a walk in the park)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sask-Bs-fan. Show Sask-Bs-fan's posts

KPD knows very little or is just trying to stir the pot to keep himself relevant in some people eyes.

Sequin is tradeable for the right price, but it would have to be very steep.

What really makes me laugh is Leaf fans posting how they won the trade because Kessel did better then Sequin in the playoffs. Although this is a debatable point as where is Kessel now? (Golfing) But the other thing that makes me shake my head is Kessel is turning 26 Oct 2nd, Tyler turned 21 on January 31 this year. Lets compare stats when they are at the same age. Also I can only imagine the temptation for Tyler to be out having a little too much fun being "legal age", single and a millionaire sports celebrity in the big city. Maybe he needs to grow up a bit?  Maybe he will learn a thing or two about dedication and hardwork from Bergeron and Jagr(?). Maybe he already has.
    His defensive play and playmaking abilities are good and can be great with the right players with him. Let the "Kid" grow up and develop. 21 is way to early to be comparing him to any kind of draft flop.

Keep calm and Bergeron

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to winthecup's comment:

The guy is a sports writer,that's all he does,but he doesn't have a clue about anything,but were all experts on here,I would trade Seguin for first round pick in a heart beat,a checking third liner,who shoots the puck right at the goalies crest.

He is on the 3rd line idiot because there is no place else where it made any sense to play Jagr.  I am also 100% sure that with my over 40 years of watching hockey as well as playing and coaching I have as much experience and more knowledge of the game than KPD. The only thing he has more experience in is writing about it.  So you would trade Seguin for the 30th pick overall would you?