1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Neither I nor you know what role his editor played.  If you have some inside information, please share.

I have no idea about the other HHOF writers and thier level of hockey knowledge.  Tell me more about Dick Johnston or Claude Larochelle.  I was commenting on the fraud KPD.

Right, so why say, "KPD for his part, had already started moving away from exclusive hockey coverage, into more of a diverse sports reporter.  Had to scurry back when the B's experienced success"?  This is written in a disparaging way towards Dupont, yet you also state that you don't know if it was his decision to cover other things or if it was his editor's choice.

I don't know about other writers in the HHOF.  I am going to guess, with it being the HockeyHall of Fame and all, that they don't enshrine someone who don't know the game of hockey.  To suggest otherwise is pretty frigggin stupid.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Neither I nor you know what role his editor played.  If you have some inside information, please share.

I have no idea about the other HHOF writers and thier level of hockey knowledge.  Tell me more about Dick Johnston or Claude Larochelle.  I was commenting on the fraud KPD.

Right, so why say, "KPD for his part, had already started moving away from exclusive hockey coverage, into more of a diverse sports reporter.  Had to scurry back when the B's experienced success"?  This is written in a disparaging way towards Dupont, yet you also state that you don't know if it was his decision to cover other things or if it was his editor's choice.

I don't know about other writers in the HHOF.  I am going to guess, with it being the HockeyHall of Fame and all, that they don't enshrine someone who don't know the game of hockey.  To suggest otherwise is pretty frigggin stupid.

[/QUOTE]

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

To me, KPD is a total fraud and not a sharp hockey mind.

For you, KPD is a hockey genius.

I am very comfortable with where that landed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. 

To me, KPD is a total fraud and not a sharp hockey mind.

For you, KPD is a hockey genius.

I am very comfortable with where that landed.

To each their own, of course.  I'm not sure where I stated that the man was a genius, however.  Can you point that out for me?

Thanks.

Man, you can be such a dick sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

May have taken some creative license on that, but thought that was what you saying when you referenced his HHOF enshrinement?

You know Felger used to be the Bruins beat-writer for the Herald, right? Well short of HHOF, but haven't you mocked is his hockey knowledge?

That's my conclusion.  KPD's HHOF sounds like as much of a lifetime achievement award as it is about anything insightful.  Not sure why having a different opinion makes me a d*ck or has me being stupid?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have no problem at all with people having different opinions (unless it's the "hometown discount" or the "Aaron Johnson and a 4th for Kopitar" gang) or you in general.

"For you, KPD is a hockey genius.

I am very comfortable with where that landed."

That's the part that makes you a dick in this case.  And I'm sure you are aware of it.  It's not stating a different opinion.  It's being an crassshole for no reason.  Usually it's fun to discuss topics with you.  That's why I said "sometimes".

As for Felger, I haven't mocked his knowledge.  I've stated that Adam Jones does a great job and that Toucher and Rich do a good job.  Felger and Mazz are baseball guys these days.  I don't listen to them for much hockey talk.  Obviously the 10-2 Gresh and Zo are teets on a bull.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Man, you can be such a dick sometimes.

Now THAT is funny!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the problem right now and perhaps going forward is that Seguin is not a finisher and he doesn't/can't play physical. Not all guys are finishers, but ultimately if you're going to be an elite playmaker you are going to have to win battles in the offensive zone to get the puck...he doesn't do that. This is not a matter of him not being strong enough - the guy trains as hard as anyone - it just doesn't carry over to the ice mentally or physically. He's one of the best skaters you'll see, and when no one is touching him he's a good passer, but those conditions don't exist in playoff hockey.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I have no problem at all with people having different opinions (unless it's the "hometown discount" or the "Aaron Johnson and a 4th for Kopitar" gang) or you in general.

"For you, KPD is a hockey genius.

I am very comfortable with where that landed."

That's the part that makes you a dick in this case.  And I'm sure you are aware of it.  It's not stating a different opinion.  It's being an crassshole for no reason.  Usually it's fun to discuss topics with you.  That's why I said "sometimes".

As for Felger, I haven't mocked his knowledge.  I've stated that Adam Jones does a great job and that Toucher and Rich do a good job.  Felger and Mazz are baseball guys these days.  I don't listen to them for much hockey talk.  Obviously the 10-2 Gresh and Zo are teets on a bull.

Thanks for the clarification, didn't realize your love for KPD was this deep.

Toughen up buttercup.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to juniorfalcons19's comment:

Seguin isn't as good as Daigle was. What a choke of a playoff run by # 19 so far.

Could you please leave and not come back?

Thanks in advance.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Without Seguin they don't win game 2 and maybe not game 3 which hmmmm ...... are the only games they have won in this series.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Seguin is still an important cog on this team.  I truly believe, even now, he must score a goal in Game 6 (and hopefully Game 7) because he needs to step up and be the type of scorer we were led to believe. Every other part of his game has improved, especially back-checking and he's skating better than ever. He also needs to control the puck and carry it for a bit, an area he is lacking too often.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Dupont might be making the comparison betwen Seguin's 6 year $34 million contract which actually dwarfs the 6 year $12.5 million contract that Daigle got. No matter what we think, Sequin's going no where either because the Bruins want to keep him or because no one else in the league wants to touch his contract.

I still have faith in him though that fat contract might be eating into his motivation. I'd like to think it hasn't.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Depending on what deal came this way i wouldnt be opposed to trading him.  Not saying go out and tell every GM he's on the market.  But i'd certainly listen to offers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes, I'd definitely consider moving him for, say, Jeff Carter or even Phil the thrill. Phil would definitely be an asset in this series!

That said, we'd need real good value in return. If not a player then 2 number 1's and a real good prospect.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

Yes, I'd definitely consider moving him for, say, Jeff Carter or even Phil the thrill. Phil would definitely be an asset in this series!

That said, we'd need real good value in return. If not a player then 2 number 1's and a real good prospect.

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

Someone starts a thread about a dumb statement and you just couldn't resist making a dumb statement of your own. KPD is an idiot and you still manage to look simple compared to him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Someone starts a thread about a dumb statement and you just couldn't resist making a dumb statement of your own. KPD is an idiot and you still manage to look simple compared to him.

Literal LOL there!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

First of all, Dupont is far from an idiot. He's one of the best hockey media guys in the business, and has the most experience covering B's hockey going back to the Lunch Pail gang. With that said, since the advent of this video blogs the older "scribes," a Bob Ryan, a Shaughnessy and a Dupont, who I enjoy reading his columns over the years, all have to be more conversational about immediate things. Seguin was a high draft pick with a ton of potential who did not return well from the hockey strike/lockout. He is not scoring in the playoffs, regardless of his linemates (although I strongly feel he is best suited for the top 2 lines if they want him to click and score). So Dupont is making comparisons to a failure who had oodles of potential--Daigle. It's not a far-fetched comparison, but we see, as B's fans, the work, the effort that Tyler has been giving to the B's in the 13 playoffs, and we see his up side, and we have more faith than a lot of people who would be stringing him on a flag pole if it were Milan Lucic or David Krecji scoring at his present rate. Let's not make this about Dupont. The bottom line is he is open to criticism, and I feel he does need to step up and go from an "almost" to a real goal. Kelly did it, Peverly did it, and now it's Seguin's turn. If he does nothing and the B's lose either tonight or Wednesday, then the criticism handed him has been valid and he would be a key reason why the team didn't win. That, of course, has nothing to do with his long-term value and his importance to the B's in future reg. seasons and playoffs. I like him long term, but he is given more of a free pass than when a Lucic, Krecji, and others get into a prolonged scoring drought.