Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

In response to dannycater's comment:

First of all, Dupont is far from an idiot. He's one of the best hockey media guys in the business, and has the most experience covering B's hockey going back to the Lunch Pail gang. With that said, since the advent of this video blogs the older "scribes," a Bob Ryan, a Shaughnessy and a Dupont, who I enjoy reading his columns over the years, all have to be more conversational about immediate things. Seguin was a high draft pick with a ton of potential who did not return well from the hockey strike/lockout. He is not scoring in the playoffs, regardless of his linemates (although I strongly feel he is best suited for the top 2 lines if they want him to click and score). So Dupont is making comparisons to a failure who had oodles of potential--Daigle. It's not a far-fetched comparison, but we see, as B's fans, the work, the effort that Tyler has been giving to the B's in the 13 playoffs, and we see his up side, and we have more faith than a lot of people who would be stringing him on a flag pole if it were Milan Lucic or David Krecji scoring at his present rate. Let's not make this about Dupont. The bottom line is he is open to criticism, and I feel he does need to step up and go from an "almost" to a real goal. Kelly did it, Peverly did it, and now it's Seguin's turn. If he does nothing and the B's lose either tonight or Wednesday, then the criticism handed him has been valid and he would be a key reason why the team didn't win. That, of course, has nothing to do with his long-term value and his importance to the B's in future reg. seasons and playoffs. I like him long term, but he is given more of a free pass than when a Lucic, Krecji, and others get into a prolonged scoring drought.

Seguin had 16 goals this year (27 goal pace for a 82 game season).  So it's not like he hasn't scored since returning from Europe.  As far as the free pass compared to Lucic and Krejci, I think it's because the B's are winning.  The B's are 14-7 in the playoffs.  If Seguin would go scoreless in a 4-15 stretch in the regular season, I don't think he'd be getting a free pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

good news, good points, but remember that Seguin seemed to be poised to become a bigger scorer even in the shortened season based a bit on his European league performance and his upside as a performer the previous season. He did have 16 goals, but correct me if I'm wrong, but most of them occurred latter half of the reg. season after he went a long time without netting more than just a couple. A lot of guys had issues in the short season too, so it can be excused a bit. I do think the B's run to the Cup (and it's still a run, just need these last 2 wins) has taken the pressure a bit off of Seguin. However, I have given a few ideas as to how to get him going, and I think he's poised to score...maybe tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

good news, good points, but remember that Seguin seemed to be poised to become a bigger scorer even in the shortened season based a bit on his European league performance and his upside as a performer the previous season. He did have 16 goals, but correct me if I'm wrong, but most of them occurred latter half of the reg. season after he went a long time without netting more than just a couple. A lot of guys had issues in the short season too, so it can be excused a bit. I do think the B's run to the Cup (and it's still a run, just need these last 2 wins) has taken the pressure a bit off of Seguin. However, I have given a few ideas as to how to get him going, and I think he's poised to score...maybe tonight.

Yeah, he had a hot streak in the first two weeks of March where he netted 6 goals in 7 games that helped his total for the year.  Hopefully he'll get it going tonight.  He seems to be doing everything but scoring.  Another one is Jagr.  We have gotten used to him controlling the puck and drawing defenders which is good, but he can still score (even though we haven't seen much of it in Boston).  He had 19 goals in 73 games last year and 14 goals in 34 games in Dallas this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OVs. Show OVs's posts

For all posters who categorically KNEW that KPD has no hockey knowledge and certainly had  no grasp on the potential for Tyler Seguin to be traded, your crow will be served for the duration of the off season. You will be allowed ketchup and/or mustard to ease the passage of feathers on the way in, however, no relief will be granted for said crow's later release and deposit.

You'd think at least one of you would man up and apologize.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbruins69. Show bostonbruins69's posts

In response to OVs' comment:

For all posters who categorically KNEW that KPD has no hockey knowledge and certainly had  no grasp on the potential for Tyler Seguin to be traded, your crow will be served for the duration of the off season. You will be allowed ketchup and/or mustard to ease the passage of feathers on the way in, however, no relief will be granted for said crow's later release and deposit.

You'd think at least one of you would man up and apologize.

KPD, is this you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Funny what a week can do.   Haha.  Pretty darn funny.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BDC sex lies and videotape.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Odd, I just looked through this thread again, and I don't see anyone ripping KPD for saying that Seguin could be traded.  It was the comparison to Daigle that was laughed at.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Odd, I just looked through this thread again, and I don't see anyone ripping KPD for saying that Seguin could be traded.  It was the comparison to Daigle that was laughed at.

Thats because the thread was about KPD comparing Seguin to Daigle, like it says in the title. There were other threads dedicated to Seguin trade specualtion.

Sounds simple enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Someone starts a thread about a dumb statement and you just couldn't resist making a dumb statement of your own. KPD is an idiot and you still manage to look simple compared to him.--Dezaruchi

Dezaruchi again shows why he's next in line to be cast in the Dumb and Dumber series. Way to go Dez! Who did we trade? Can you spell S-e-g-u-i-n?

I think he lost a couple of Chicklets Fred--The Turk

The goal isn't for the Bruins to take a beating for the team, it's to cause the opponents to take a beating for theirs.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Exactly anybody can be traded. I bashed him for comparing Tyler to Daigle.