Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle

In response to huntbri's comment:

In response to winthecup's comment:

The guy is a sports writer,that's all he does,but he doesn't have a clue about anything,but were all experts on here,I would trade Seguin for first round pick in a heart beat,a checking third liner,who shoots the puck right at the goalies crest.

He is on the 3rd line idiot because there is no place else where it made any sense to play Jagr.  I am also 100% sure that with my over 40 years of watching hockey as well as playing and coaching I have as much experience and more knowledge of the game than KPD. The only thing he has more experience in is writing about it.  So you would trade Seguin for the 30th pick overall would you?

Hey Hunt? Don't bother he's on my ignore list for a reason. Trust me! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thanks for the advice NOB and I will trust your opinion.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Kid's still on his EL deal.  I wouldn't  back track to pick up any of the three top picks this year.  Remember the lessons of JT Superstar - Seguin will be better next year, and the year after, and the year after....

Are you not entertained?!?!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Anything is possible in the trade biz, but Seguin had a pretty darn good year last year. There's 2 guys on the Blackhawks who took a few seasons to click - Toews and Kane. Why is DuPont suddenly crying?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

trade KPD for two pucks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It cracks me up with people say Dupont doesn't know hockey.  The guy's in the Hall of Fame.  Let's not pretend he's some halfwit blogger.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Unless you're reading his Sunday column, don't bother. Those continue to be gold. His other stuff is attention-grabbing. Compare some silly little tweet with gems like this:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2011/02/13/code_breakers_relay_an_important_message/?page=full

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'm taking bets he's nursing something.

He looks exactly the way he did his draft year in the playoffs when he was hurt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Sure, trade Seguin cause he's a bust after 3 years in the league. Kid's got a boat load of natural talent and he just needs to slow down his game.

Plus I don't see anyone questioning Seguin's heart or work ethic. Daigle on the other hand..

"Daigle made it well-known on his way out that his heart was never into the game, that he’d only kept playing because of his natural talent. After packing it in as a hockey star, he moved to Hollywood to try his hand at the celebrity life."

If Seguin is 25 and still not a top 50-60 player in the NHL, then yeah, call him a bust.

Remember when Lucic was a bum, Horton wasn't even wanted back and Marchand was an AHL player that wouldn't make the team.

Given time, Seguin will be one of the best players on the team.

Patience is a virture not shared by may pundits and Bruins fans.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It cracks me up with people say Dupont doesn't know hockey.  The guy's in the Hall of Fame.  Let's not pretend he's some halfwit blogger.

Maybe NAS but if he does know hockey then what you must be saying is that his tweet comparing Daigle and Seguin is just to stir things up.  If he seriously believes that I don't think he knows the game that well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]

The guy is a sports writer,that's all he does,but he doesn't have a clue about anything,but were all experts on here,I would trade Seguin for first round pick in a heart beat,a checking third liner,who shoots the puck right at the goalies crest.

He is on the 3rd line idiot because there is no place else where it made any sense to play Jagr.  I am also 100% sure that with my over 40 years of watching hockey as well as playing and coaching I have as much experience and more knowledge of the game than KPD. The only thing he has more experience in is writing about it.  So you would trade Seguin for the 30th pick overall would you?

No first or second 

That makes more sense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If KPD did compare Seguin to Daigle then I disagree with him. But the guy does know his hockey. Chiarelli thought Zach Hamill was worthy of the 8th overall pick and took him over Logan Couture. How many people doubt Chiarelli's hockey knowledge?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He does know hockey and used to be a decent writer but that has long since pasted. His writing now isn't very good.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Maybe NAS but if he does know hockey then what you must be saying is that his tweet comparing Daigle and Seguin is just to stir things up.  If he seriously believes that I don't think he knows the game that well.

If you read the entire interaction, I think you'll agree with me that this isn't a serious exchange.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Kid's still on his EL deal.  I wouldn't  back track to pick up any of the three top picks this year. 

In a $70M cap world absolutely...i'm still happy with what PC did with JTs money.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Funny stuff now trending #daiglebetterthanseguin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

If you read the entire interaction, I think you'll agree with me that this isn't a serious exchange.

I am sure that is the case NAS.  I am just a little protective of Seguin because I think he is still a young player and he is working hard and trying to improve on all facets of his game.  This might affect his scoring stats short term.  As far as trading him I don't think he is untradeable but it would have to be an unbelievable offer.  Tyler is 21 and he is definitely a better all round player than he was in 2011.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Disagree.  Just because the guy covered the team for a number of years, doesn't necessarilly make him knowledgable.  What was the competition for the gig?  Bruins have been under-represented in the media for a number years, only recently has that changed with the 2011 Cup run.  KPD for his part, had already started moving away from exclusive hockey coverage, into more of a diverse sports reporter.  Had to scurry back when the B's experienced success. 

Clown in my book, respect the hockey knowledge on this board much more than what KPD brings to the table.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Disagree.  Just because the guy covered the team for a number of years, doesn't necessarilly make him knowledgable.  What was the competition for the gig?  Bruins have been under-represented in the media for a number years, only recently has that changed with the 2011 Cup run.  KPD for his part, had already started moving away from exclusive hockey coverage, into more of a diverse sports reporter.  Had to scurry back when the B's experienced success. 

Clown in my book, respect the hockey knowledge on this board much more than what KPD brings to the table.

Which of all of that was his decision and which was the editor?

Are there a lot of writers in the HHOF that don't understand the game?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Which of all of that was his decision and which was the editor?

Are there a lot of writers in the HHOF that don't understand the game?

Neither I nor you know what role his editor played.  If you have some inside information, please share.

I have no idea about the other HHOF writers and thier level of hockey knowledge.  Tell me more about Dick Johnston or Claude Larochelle.  I was commenting on the fraud KPD.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to readsocks's comment:

In response to joliger's comment:

In his twitter account, Kevin Paul Dupont compares Seguin to Daigle and says he would consider trading Seguin in the off season.  Any thought?

I 10000000 percent concur... I have said it for three years...  Seguin will never be an elite  player.. and Marchand has eaten his lunch since entering the league....trade both Seguin and Lucic ..... ASAP

Another dumb post by the man who knows nothing about hockey.  Congrats, you keep outdoing yourself. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I remember that Daigle ad!  It created a huge firestorm for everyone involved.  People were up in arms about the nurse picture.

(What they should have been up in arms about was that we all bought the hell out of those Score cards and they aren't worth 10 for a penny today!)

That it did.  I vaguely recall in an interview years later Daigle saying something to the effect of in hindsight it was a massive mistake but seemed like the right idea at the time.

Sections
Shortcuts