Keys to Bs success

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Keys to Bs success

Without looking at wins and losses, including last nights 3rd period collapse ( seemed like the Bs wanted to give away that 2 points ) the 3 main keys to there success this year are.

Andrew Ference has to go, hes being torn down and walked all over, in fact i like aron johnson in that spot, more physical and has a better game.

Rask, needs to play more, its as simple as that, layoffs affect him when he does play after a long layoff.

Seguin, has to get his game going, hes shooting from anywhere and everywhere, not picking his spots well, altho his physical game picked up last night, he needs to play it every shift.

Last but not least, thornton either needs more time to recover from the scott punch or be gone, he looks lost out there, that 4th line needs a boost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Keys to Bs success

If the B's buried a couple more chances in the 1st two periods the game would have been over. After all, they led in scoring chances 10-4 after the second period (eyes rolling). Buffalo was a beaten team after two periods but the Bruins lack of finish gave the Sabres some hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to wallydouglas's comment:

Without looking at wins and losses, including last nights 3rd period collapse ( seemed like the Bs wanted to give away that 2 points ) the 3 main keys to there success this year are.

Andrew Ference has to go, hes being torn down and walked all over, in fact i like aron johnson in that spot, more physical and has a better game.

Rask, needs to play more, its as simple as that, layoffs affect him when he does play after a long layoff.

Seguin, has to get his game going, hes shooting from anywhere and everywhere, not picking his spots well, altho his physical game picked up last night, he needs to play it every shift.

Last but not least, thornton either needs more time to recover from the scott punch or be gone, he looks lost out there, that 4th line needs a boost.

Agree with some stuff...Khudobin has been fine, in fact, I'd say terrific, one loss to the Sabres where the B's came out flat int he 3rd doesnt change that...Rask seemed to come into the season fine after not playing for over a month.

Bruins need to be physical and diciplined...Last 2 games against the Sabres, the B's were not the physical team, and no, I'm not even considering the Scott-Thornton bout..People are putting the blame on Bourque, which is stupid...Ference could be better but I think McQuaid the last few games has been terrible..Really like what I've seen from Lucic,Marchand and Krejci so far..Lucic has been an absolute beast and Marchand continues to fly around and create scoring chances everytime he is on the ice.

Don't think Seguin needs to be more physical for his game to come around because i dont beleive it's a big part of his game. Shawn Thornton since he has come back has been god awful.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

If the B's buried a couple more chances in the 1st two periods the game would have been over. Buffalo was a beaten team after two periods but the Bruins lack of finish gave the Sabres some hope.

How long does Chiarelli wait for the 3rd to correct itself or Bruins forwards be more consistent in burying chances ?

@Wally Ference certainly isn't helping his chances of being re-signed and with the way Krug has been lighting it up in Providence offensivley it might be time for Ference to grab some pine for a spell.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to wallydouglas's comment:

Good thoughts here, wally.  Also wouldn't mind giving Johnson a go in place of Ference once in a while. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The only recent third period collapse was against the Flyers a few years ago.  Last night, they got beat in the third.  Let's not be so overly dramatic.

Ference had a tough game, but like Shupe, he's not perfect.  I'm going to wait a while longer before I start calling for his head.

Seguin has been disappointing this season.  Hopefully something catches fire under him and he does what we are all hoping he will.

Chara has had a couple of difficult games.  I'm wondering if he's hurt.

Chris Kelly needs a new stick company.  The ones he's using don't work very well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Rask needs to play more??? He's got 75 per cent of the starts so far. What more do you want?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The only recent third period collapse was against the Flyers a few years ago.  Last night, they got beat in the third.  Let's not be so overly dramatic.

Ference had a tough game, but like Shupe, he's not perfect.  I'm going to wait a while longer before I start calling for his head.

Seguin has been disappointing this season.  Hopefully something catches fire under him and he does what we are all hoping he will.

Chris Kelly needs a new stick company.  The ones he's using don't work very well.

It is hard to call losing a one goal lead a "collapse"....I think people are upset because it came against the Sabres, who wouldn't even have been in the game going into the third if not for Ryan Millers play in the first 2 periods.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

As stated without looking at wins and losses and nothing to do with last nights game, its my opinion ference should be replaced, Rask, my point was needs to be playing more, im going back to the last layoff he didnt look well in that loss, seguin playing overseas i think affected his timing and game here, playing center there on a bigger ice surface,  and he needs to adjust, seems a bit like pushing his shots and hoping they go in.Were 1/4 into the season and yes too early for calling for some heads, but its my view now and have watched closely. One more note, Hamilton has not disapointed me at all even with his few mistakes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Correction Boston blew a 3-1 lead on Jan. 23rd against the Canes and the Bruins blew a 3-1 and a 4-3 lead against the Sabres on Jan. 31st. of this year. Pointing this out is not being over dramatic, it is pointing out the the Bruins are going to need scoring depth to put away inferior teams like the Sabres and Canes. Certainly not a few years ago that is incorrect!

Feeling that a veteran should maybe sit a few games in favor of a prospect to get valuable NHL minutes is not calling for anyones head. Implying over reaction is unintelligent.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

It is hard to call losing a one goal lead a "collapse"....I think people are upset because it came against the Sabres, who wouldn't even have been in the game going into the third if not for Ryan Millers play in the first 2 periods.

The fact that they only had 3 shots on net in third is what bothers me,just seems 2 goals were done,attitude

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

At this time next week, most of you will forget yesterday's loss to the Sabres.

The Bruins will move into another gear and begin taking you all to new heights.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Correction Boston blew a 3-1 lead on Jan. 23rd against the Canes and the Bruins blew a 3-1 and a 4-3 lead against the Sabres on Jan. 31st. of this year. Pointing this out is not being over dramatic, it is pointing out the the Bruins are going to need scoring depth to put away inferior teams like the Sabres and Canes. Certainly not a few years ago that is incorrect!

Feeling that a veteran should maybe sit a few games in favor of a prospect to get valuable NHL minutes is not calling for anyones head. Implying over reaction is unintelligent.

Teams lose leads all the time.  The overly dramatic part is calling it a "collapse".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Teams lose leads all the time.  The overly dramatic part is calling it a "collapse".

The Jan 31 loss to the Sabres, which you have obviously repressed from your memory, was in fact a collapse.

To refresh your memory:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2012020092

No big deal, however, as the team bounced back with a victory the next game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The Jan 31 loss to the Sabres, which you have obviously repressed from your memory, was in fact a collapse.

They were tied going into the third.  They lost.  It happens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They were tied going into the third.  They lost.  It happens.

Definition of collapse:

col·lapse

/kəˈlæps/ Show Spelled [kuh-laps] Show IPA verb, col·lapsed, col·laps·ing, noun

verb (used without object) 1. to fall or cave in; crumble suddenly: The roof collapsed and buried the crowd. 2. to be made so that sections or parts can be folded up, as for convenient storage: This bridge table collapses. 3. to break down; come to nothing ; fail: Despite all their efforts the peace talks collapsed. 4. to fall unconscious or as if unconscious or physically depleted, as from a stroke, heart attack, disease, or exhaustion.    

I would say some of those fit the bill.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the B's buried a couple more chances in the 1st two periods the game would have been over. Buffalo was a beaten team after two periods but the Bruins lack of finish gave the Sabres some hope.

How long does Chiarelli wait for the 3rd to correct itself or Bruins forwards be more consistent in burying chances ?

QUOTE]

Top 6 have to score more.  Blaming the 3rd, 4th or Ference is grasping at straws. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Top 6 have to score more.  Blaming the 3rd, 4th or Ference is grasping at straws. 

Not on a "four line team" like this one. Almost non-existent production from the bottom six puts more pressure on the first two lines, the very thing that CJ's system of rolling 4 lines tries to prevent.

And, for the record, Ference has been aweful so far this season. He is expensive for a 5th defenceman and needs to do better.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Definition of collapse:

col·lapse

/kəˈlæps/ Show Spelled [kuh-laps] Show IPA verb, col·lapsed, col·laps·ing, noun

verb (used without object) 1. to fall or cave in; crumble suddenly: The roof collapsed and buried the crowd. 2. to be made so that sections or parts can be folded up, as for convenient storage: This bridge table collapses. 3. to break down; come to nothing ; fail: Despite all their efforts the peace talks collapsed. 4. to fall unconscious or as if unconscious or physically depleted, as from a stroke, heart attack, disease, or exhaustion.    

I would say some of those fit the bill.    

Using this logic, every team they lose in a game in which they had a lead, it's a collapse.

This year, the team has eight wins, two collapses and two overtime collapses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Did you watch the game?

Go to nhl.com and watch the replay of the Hodgkin goal.  Then come back here and tell me how Ference isn't to blame.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to hangnail's comment: If the B's buried a couple more chances in the 1st two periods the game would have been over. Buffalo was a beaten team after two periods but the Bruins lack of finish gave the Sabres some hope.

How long does Chiarelli wait for the 3rd to correct itself or Bruins forwards be more consistent in burying chances ? QUOTE]

Top 6 have to score more.  Blaming the 3rd, 4th or Ference is grasping at straws. [/QUOTE]

A big part of the Bruins success since 2009 is having a successful 3rd line. Saying that Boston is only a two line team is not knowing your team. Julien has built his teams on having consistentcy all through the lineup which includes the 3rd line.

Having a two line team is going back to the Sinden years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

My point is that if the top six converted on just 2 more opportunities in the 1st or 2nd period - not unreasonable considering the quality chances they had - it would have been 4-1 going into the 3rd and good night Sabres.  Big difference protecting a 3 goal lead than hanging on to a 1 goal lead.  Once the Sabres tied it they started to believe in themselves and still had plenty of time on the clock to get the win.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

But isn't part of Juliens success "rolling four" or having constinency all down the lineup ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Using this logic, every team they lose in a game in which they had a lead, it's a collapse.

This year, the team has eight wins, two collapses and two overtime collapses.

Exactly. To use this term is not being overly dramatic as you suggest. The word fits the circumstances San Dog mentioned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It was Miller's night last night.  Top 6 need to start putting up numbers or it's gonna be a long 36 games.  I have faith that they will.