Khodo in net tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Khodo in net tonight

Khudobin played much better than the score indicates. The goals he let in were low percentage saves, and the first one was basically impossible. Not bad at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

Sorry but rask against the rangers twice only allowed a 2.5 gaa and Anton k had allowed 3 goals against the hurricanes it's not even close. Rask is by far the more talented netminder. Carolina will not even make the playoffs, there is no comparison in the competition difference they faced. In fact if he tosses up a 3 gaa in his next couple starts, Svedberg will start looking real good. You should worry more about your boy staying as the backup then becoming a starting goalie. He was unimpressive and if the bruins did not have a breakout game scoring wise he would have lost the game for the bruins. Next.......

Stop smoking it! I think you're exaggerating just a tab there noop! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Sorry but rask against the rangers twice only allowed a 2.5 gaa and Anton k had allowed 3 goals against the hurricanes it's not even close. Rask is by far the more talented netminder. Carolina will not even make the playoffs, there is no comparison in the competition difference they faced. In fact if he tosses up a 3 gaa in his next couple starts, Svedberg will start looking real good. You should worry more about your boy staying as the backup then becoming a starting goalie. He was unimpressive and if the bruins did not have a breakout game scoring wise he would have lost the game for the bruins. Next.......

Nite, to be clear, I feel like Khudo played well and I don't blame him on any goals he allowed. I just don't think any of the saves he had to make were of the "game changer" variety. Rask made 3 saves in the last minute against NYR that were literally the difference between Boston earning a point or not. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way the goaltending looks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Khudobin did read the cross ice pass on the 3rd and did get his skate on it.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414709

Blatant slew foot by Skinner. TSN does a great job of doing a spot shadow of it Nite.

Wow! What the hey Skinner?? Thx Sandog... Btw-- I know "Who-da-man" read the pass & I'm not blaming him for the goal.

Let Scotty Laughlin know that is now his offical knickname on BDC lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Nite, to be clear, I feel like Khudo played well and I don't blame him on any goals he allowed. I just don't think any of the saves he had to make were of the "game changer" variety. Rask made 3 saves in the last minute against NYR that were literally the difference between Boston earning a point or not. Overall, I'm very pleased with the way the goaltending looks.

Well said Dez, there's no need for anybody to be dishing the goalies here. I also like the way the goaltending looks. I also agree that Rask stole a point from the Rangers at MSG last week with that sequence of saves in the final minute. Let's not forget either that he also made the intial save on Gabriok's breakaway goal. If it wasn't for Gab's sick hand - eye coordination Rask could have possibly stolen 2 points. We have a good thing going here, both goalies give us a chance to win every game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

Khudobin...maybe I am as nutty as Stanley, I thought he played extremely well, gave a Thomas like performance on several of his saves, and Carolina has an explosive offensive unit, so I'm not surprised the B's couldn't hold on to a 3-1 lead. Bottom line, I think he's a good backup and I like him being there if Rask can't do the job or needs a rest. Rask had outstanding defense around him during all of his starts, but in this game, Carolina had far more scoring chances and Khudo came up big often. Good for him and the B's

Sorry Danny but you must have been watching different games than I did. Rask has already stopped multiple clear breakaways and most of the goals he's given up were either redirections or rebounds. It's OK for you to accept Rask as the #1 now. Thomas isn't coming back. Khudo was decent last night too but he was far from outstanding. He wasn't bad but none of his saves seemed difficult.

I am on the Tuuka bandwagon, don't get me wrong, but I think you are being a little harsh on Khudobin. I think he did make some terrific stops, a glove save on a bullet off a faceoff, going from right to left to make a pad save on an open opportunity on the PP, and some big stops late in the game too. Rask had the great breakaway save v. Rangers, but overall he's not had to make a lot of great saves or faced a ton of shots either. Carolina threw a lot at Anton and he played well enough for the team to win. I like both goalies, so I agree to disagree with you on Anton's play, dez. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Also, I was super impressed by him in that Ottawa game last year. I just like what little I've seen of him in a B's jersey. B's have a good 1 and a good 2, I'm happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

By the way, like the Thomas-Rask controversy, isn't it nice that the worst thing we can talk about is speculating on what B's might be better than others, and not on why the team is struggling or not winning? 9 points out of 10...pretty impressive. No PP goals allowed. Yikes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I totally agree with what you're saying & if Heyoo put it in your terms I wouldn't have an issue. Although, right after the Canes tied it. Koodo made a save off Semin minutes after. A lot of goalie's would've been a bit rattled & the flood gates open.  It wasn't a big dramatic save, but it was a great save, because it stopped the bleeding & it gave the B's players some confidence that Anton was going to be fine. I love this B's team in the early going. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

By the way, like the Thomas-Rask controversy, isn't it nice that the worst thing we can talk about is speculating on what B's might be better than others, and not on why the team is struggling or not winning? 9 points out of 10...pretty impressive. No PP goals allowed. Yikes.

Dannycater you are more than welcome tomvisit my thread "Stanley told,you so". ...you and bisson have good expertise and a good understanding of this game 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I couldn't agree more Danny. I can't wait until game time. Cheers! Go Bruins!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I totally agree with what you're saying & if Heyoo put it in your terms I wouldn't have an issue. Although, right after the Canes tied it. Koodo made a save off Semin minutes after. A lot of goalie's would've been a bit rattled & the flood gates open.  It wasn't a big dramatic save, but it was a great save, because it stopped the bleeding & it gave the B's players some confidence that Anton was going to be fine. I love this B's team in the early going. 

Excellent comment

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Last night is the basis for why Anton k will always be the backup to rask. Rask is an elite goalie top 5 in the league. He will the bs starting goalie for a longtime coming. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Last night is the basis for why Anton k will always be the backup to rask. Rask is an elite goalie top 5 in the league. He will the bs starting goalie for a longtime coming. 

With the exception of the top 5 in the league comment. There's only one person disputing that logic at this moment. However, Khudobin, wasn't as bad as you implied either. So far the B's goaltending has been a huge reason why they're winning games, instead of why they're losing

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Well I guess they will have to trade Khudo ..once we get Subban ....cause u cant keep Khudo as a 2nd ..he would 1st with Flyers-Panthers-Colorado-Oilers-Pittsburgh .....I think if PC is planning not to use him as number 1 he should give him a few games to boost his stats and than try to get a forward for him ....I would say try to get Couturier from the Flyers or Weiss from Panthers ..or a youngster from Colorado ...from Pittsburgh PC should ask for Crosby or Malkin ...............(joke)

With the exception of the top 5 in the league comment. There's only one person disputing that logic at this moment. However, Khudobin, wasn't as bad as you implied either. So far the B's goaltending has been a huge reason why they're winning games, instead of why they're losing

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yep! Goaltending is huge reason for their early success, especially Rask last night in the 3rd period. I thought Khudobin was terrific versus the Canes. Carolina has a pretty good team down there. But anyone who is suggesting that Khudobin didnt play well, especially in his first star and in a place and a team that usually gives the B's problems doesnt know what they are talking about.

Lets see how Rask plays this year and playoffs before we put him in top 5..Keeps this up and he's a shoe in..But top 5 right now? Not a big enough sample yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

If you value Khudo as high as you do why would you be willing to take prospects or young kids for him? I'd want a young player that would have an immediate impact.

Subban won't be ready for awhile. Counting your chickens before they hatch as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

If you are the coach of the Bruins who do you go with? Rask who has put up very, very good numbers over a full season as a starter. And over 100 games total, with a 2.18 avg, .936 SP, or a guy who's played a few games. Not saying he won't be great, but unless Rask falls flat on his face, he's the MAN. This is a nice problem. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Not to nitpick but so far this season Rask is indeed a top 5 goaltender, at least according to almost all statistical categories:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/statshome.htm#?navid=nav-sts-league

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

If you are the coach of the Bruins who do you go with? Rask who has put up very, very good numbers over a full season as a starter. And over 100 games total, with a 2.18 avg, .936 SP, or a guy who's played a few games. Not saying he won't be great, but unless Rask falls flat on his face, he's the MAN. This is a nice problem. 

Thats why I am saying they should give a few more games to improve his stats and we all know he will and try to trade him for a young AND talented player ...there 5-6 teams that could use Khudo as a number 1 ....BRUINS might regret it but we cant keep such a talented young man on the bench .....oh well another of my favourite that will show his talent elsewhere ....(tears)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

look at rasks career stats if he is not a top 5 goalie in the league right now I'd like to know who are these other five guys?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I always thought khudo would do really well. just not quite as well as a certain someone thinks. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Even a blind person can see that Khudo could have done better than Rask tonight.

Rask managed only to get a shutout v. the Leafs tonight.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Even a blind person can see that Khudo could have done better than Rask tonight.

Rask managed only to get a shutout v. the Leafs tonight.

Badhab ...I have to admit that Rask has been great so far this  season ..other than the game against. The Sabres....but Khudo could also be great in the NHL .we have a very nice problem ...2 number 1 goalies....hope CJ will give a few games to Khudo and I also hope that Subban be ready for next season therefore we will be in an excellent position to trade Khudo to a team that needs a number 1 goalie and get a very good player in return....

Sections
Shortcuts