Khoko and Cunningham called up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Khoko and Cunningham called up

Here's the link

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=705731&navid=DL|BOS|home

Anyone besides stanley have high expectations from either of these guys?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Khoko and Cunningham called up

I didn't like Koko's game last few times I saw him, however that was in December and earlier.

Interesting to see how they do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I really like Cunningham a lot, smart heady player. Hoping Chiarelli has been asked by another GM to have them skate in some NHL games for a potential trade.

Showcase time!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I really like Cunningham a lot, smart heady player. Hoping Chiarelli has been asked by another GM to have them skate in some NHL games for a potential trade.

Showcase time!

[/QUOTE]

Had the same thought, San.

Now, who can they get for Khoko, Cunningham and.....wait for it....CARON!?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Showcase time!

[/QUOTE]

Now, who can they get for Khoko, Cunningham and.....wait for it....CARON!?

[/QUOTE]

Didn't they try to trade Khoko last year too?  Is he having develpment issues?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Never seen Koko play but I liked what I saw from Cunningham when he was up with the big club.  Good skater who goes to the net.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to bim09's comment:[QUOTE] I really like Cunningham a lot, smart heady player. Hoping Chiarelli has been asked by another GM to have them skate in some NHL games for a potential trade.

Showcase time! [/QUOTE]

Now, who can they get for Khoko, Cunningham and.....wait for it....CARON!? [/QUOTE]

Didn't they try to trade Khoko last year too?  Is he having develpment issues?[/QUOTE]

Very streaky and I just don't think there is any room for either with Spooner and Campbell on the Bruins.

Tallinder please!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

Very streaky and I just don't think there is any room for either with Spooner and Campbell on the Bruins.

Tallinder please!

[/QUOTE]

re: Koko, his skating was an issue and I thought once he cleaned that up - look out!  But he hasn't developed that way, now he skates a lot better, but he's the same player except that he can skate better.  When I saw him early on I was impressed with him as a sniper.  I thought he would be getting more opportunities with better skating, but no, it didn't work out that way.

It's as if the talent he had with has hands got spread to his feet and now he's more average all around.  Since he qualified for the draft by only a couple of days (therefore was as young as possible) I thought he would certainly grow bigger, but he hasn't that much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

By Fluto Shinzawa, Globe Staff WILMINGTON The Bruins have concluded their first practice following the Olympic break.

They are without their five Olympians: Tuukka Rask, Patrice Bergeron, Loui Eriksson, Zdeno Chara, and David Krejci. Chara and Krejci are expected to return to Boston today and perhaps practice on Sunday or Monday.

Adam McQuaid (leg) practiced with the team for the first time since suffering his injury on Jan. 19 against Chicago. McQuaid resumed skating before the break. He was not on the ice during the break. McQuaid is not sure whether he will be ready to play on Wednesday against Buffalo. If McQuaid can play, he would replace Kevan Miller on the third pairing.

Alexander Khokhlachev and Craig Cunningham were recalled from Providence to practice today. Cunningham was packing his gear after practice. The Bruins might bring up another player from Providence tomorrow.

The Bruins are scheduled to practice again tomorrow at Ristuccia Arena at 10:30 a.m. They should conclude their on-ice session in time to watch the US-Canada game at noon.

Today ™s practice lineup: 

Milan Lucic-Alexander Khokhlachev-Jarome Iginla
    Brad Marchand-Carl Soderberg-Reilly Smith
    Daniel Paille-Chris Kelly-Craig Cunningham
    Jordan Caron-Gregory Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Matt Bartkowski-Johnny Boychuk
    Torey Krug-Dougie Hamilton
    Kevan Miller-Adam McQuaid

Chad Johnson
    Adam Geragosian"

You could only hope to contain that third line. Get down there tomorrow BadHab. We need a "high school gym" skating report!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

You could only hope to contain that third line.

[/QUOTE]

That cracked me right up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Not sure if they will see any game ice or not. At this point they are both trade bait.

KoKo is starting to put his game together.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1966589-what-is-the-nhl-eta-for-boston-bruins-prospect-alexander-khokhlachev

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

They need bodies for practice while the big boys play in Sochi. Likely nothing more to it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I know the deadline is coming up, but that doesn't mean everything is about the art of the deal.  Bruins need a few bodies to have full practices until Krejci and Bergeron and Eriksson return.  They called up one guy whose game is best suited to replaced Krejci and another who projects as a 3rd line wing.  Oh, and they moved up Soderberg.

Think that's about all it is.

Sections
Shortcuts