Killorn Hit On Ranger

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Killorn Hit On Ranger

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stevegm's comment:

Thing is Crowls, is it really, or does it magnify the fact there's no real direction.  I agree the league got it right(this time), but the refs obviously saw it differently.  I'm wondering if this won't elevate the confusion

I still think it's boarding, though that wasn't Killorn's intent. But he doesn't slow up and he doesn't keep his stick down. Granted he had next to no time to pull up, but if he was going in for the puck, not the body (which again is fine) there''s no injury. Once it's determined to be a board, it can't be a minor because there's an injury. And it's a game misconduct because that injury is to the head/neck/face and that's an automatiic misconduct under the rule. I think the refs got it right, at least by how the rule book is written (You can disagree with the rule itself) and that the league got it right by not bringing in supplemental discipline.

Without those manadtories I'd say it was a 2 minute minor, but with the mandatories in place, the right call was made.

[/QUOTE]

ok, I can see your point there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Some other folks reaction:

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2014/03/20/no-discipline-for-alex-killorn-after-hit-on-paul-ranger/#comments

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

my nhl trade rumors dot com?

LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Crikey. There's a website for everything. Oh, look...one just popped up that's called:

NAS LOLed at my nhl trade rumors dot com

seriously, this www crud has gone too far. :P

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think it's boarding, though that wasn't Killorn's intent. But he doesn't slow up and he doesn't keep his stick down. Granted he had next to no time to pull up, but if he was going in for the puck, not the body (which again is fine) there''s no injury. Once it's determined to be a board, it can't be a minor because there's an injury. And it's a game misconduct because that injury is to the head/neck/face and that's an automatiic misconduct under the rule. I think the refs got it right, at least by how the rule book is written (You can disagree with the rule itself) and that the league got it right by not bringing in supplemental discipline.

Without those manadtories I'd say it was a 2 minute minor, but with the mandatories in place, the right call was made.

[/QUOTE]

Same thought I had red.  I wouldn't blame the on ice officials for anything here, and you really can't have them trying to decide if a guy turned or put himself in a bad position.  It was a hit from behind/boarding, player injured, so you throw the guy out.  Then the league gets to determine if the hit deserves extra discipline and can consider everything involved.

That said, there is no question that what steve is saying is also true -- this has gotten almost hopelessly confusing for everyone, and worse, the dangerous plays don't really appear to be limited in any way.

Sections
Shortcuts