Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com

I hope this isn't true! The B's without MARCHMONT are not likely to contend for anything this year! They haven't even replaced Ryder's goals yet. Sign the kid! He helped us win the cup! That on it's own is worth an extra mill.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com

I'm sure lots of teams like Marchand and will talk to the Bruins about him.  It means nothing.  I like Marchand, he's a born winner and I hope the Bruins never trade him.  I highly doubt they will.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com

It would depend on the return, I like seguins game and the bruins need it..  But LA's got a lot of good young peices.. If the heart of the story was they were frustrated with doughty and willing to move him for marchand you'd be an idiot not to jump all over it..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Doughty for Marchand? Umm yes please...LA's GM would be fired on the spot if he made that trade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Marchand, Seidenburg + Krecji for Doughty

hmmmmm.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No more Eklund please.  We already have this exact thread (see: Eklund).  These rumors are randomly generated 'buzz' or just the regurgitated thoughts of some local sports reporter who thinks Marchand would look good in a black and purple jersey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Chia would settle for nothing less than Doughty and the Kings won't give up defense for offense, especially a defenseman who can also provide offense.

This is just a lot of summer-time speculation cuz there's nothing better to do hot air.

Marchy will get signed, but probably not until close to when camp starts. I know it's annoying, but we just need to be patient. Dollars to donuts he returns in a Bruins uniform next season, even if for just a one-year deal (more likely a 3-year pact, but he's back nevertheless.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com:
    [QUOTE]Chia would settle for nothing less than Doughty and the Kings won't give up defense for offense, especially a defenseman who can also provide offense. This is just a lot of summer-time speculation cuz there's nothing better to do hot air. Marchy will get signed, but probably not until close to when camp starts. I know it's annoying, but we just need to be patient. Dollars to donuts he returns in a Bruins uniform next season, even if for just a one-year deal (more likely a 3-year pact, but he's back nevertheless.)
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

LA has a lot more prospect thats PC would certainly look at if the kings were serious about an aquisition for marchand..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com:
    [QUOTE]No more Eklund please.  We already have this exact thread (see: Eklund).  These rumors are randomly generated 'buzz' or just the regurgitated thoughts of some local sports reporter who thinks Marchand would look good in a black and purple jersey.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Bless these topics, so much better than when the regular season starts and the total lunatics appear.  Summertime is good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com : LA has a lot more prospect thats PC would certainly look at if the kings were serious about an aquisition for marchand..
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

I think that would be true only if Marchand were an older player and didn't have so much potential to be even better than he was last year. Remember he's still very young and there's so much upside....Plus his playoff record last year speaks for itself. Doubt Chia would let that kind of production skate for guys who may or may not pan out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

[QUOTE]Marchand, Seidenburg + Krecji for Doughty hmmmmm.....
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

Please, how 'bout Marchand, Chara, Seidenburg, Krejci and Bergeron for Doughty? We just won the cup and people are trading our best players for 1 defenseman.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

BM nor Doughty isn't likely they're going anywhere. 1st of all look at the source! This guy is nothing more than any of us who dreams up trades & post them. The only difference is HE GETS PAID by suckers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd sooner pay to read your comment stream than Eklund.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I love Marchand's game. I really do. But he will never be an elite player in the NHL and to put him up there with Doughty is insane. Marchand will always be a perfect 2nd line agitator with big-game ability, but don't expect Olympics, All Star Games, trophy consideration, etc from this guy. Be happy with what we got, which is a stellar piece of a larger puzzle.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I love Marchand's game. I really do. But he will never be an elite player in the NHL and to put him up there with Doughty is insane. Marchand will always be a perfect 2nd line agitator with big-game ability, but don't expect Olympics, All Star Games, trophy consideration, etc from this guy. Be happy with what we got, which is a stellar piece of a larger puzzle.
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Ding Ding!!! 100% correct.  Doughty is one of the best players in the world. 
    Piece of the puzzle also 100% correct.  A team of star players and no chemistry means no cup(ie Van-Wash-Philly). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com:
    [QUOTE]I hope this isn't true! The B's without MARCHMONT are not likely to contend for anything this year! They haven't even replaced Ryder's goals yet. Sign the kid! He helped us win the cup! That on it's own is worth an extra mill.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

If the season is lost without Marchand, the season is lost with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com : Please, how 'bout Marchand, Chara, Seidenburg, Krejci and Bergeron for Doughty? We just won the cup and people are trading our best players for 1 defenseman.
    Posted by number08[/QUOTE]

Just throwing it out there for fun.  Along the lines of thinking what it would actually take for a player like Doughty.  Not that I would want to blow up the team, but for a player like Doughty it would take a lot.

Doughty is going to be a top 5 defenseman in the league for the next 15 years, so yes I think it would take that much.  Also, the Bruins remain in the position of having a lot of talented centers both on the big squad and coming up through the ranks. 

I'm intersted in what you think would be reasonable as my suggestion was so far off.  Feel free to make a suggestion of your own if you happen to get off your high horse

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I am starting to get worried Marchand hasn't be locked up yet. Would be an awful error to trade him or not to match another teams offer sheet. I don't care if PC has to over pay him a little. He needs to be in camp on time and needs to be a bruin!  I can't imagine not bringing him back after what he did in the playoffs.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]I am starting to get worried Marchand hasn't be locked up yet. Would be an awful error to trade him or not to match another teams offer sheet. I don't care if PC has to over pay him a little. He needs to be in camp on time and needs to be a bruin!  I can't imagine not bringing him back after what he did in the playoffs.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Hey Big Stones.  How goes the battle? 

Marchand will get signed.  His ego is the problem and it matches the size of his nose.  He has to get off his high horse and look around the league at what players are getting.  Marchand comes from an extremely well to do family.  They own RAMAR Construction.  So he has had the silver spoon his entire life. 
    Boston has the cap space.  But he isnt worth more than 3 million per.  Let him sit a while and stick to the guns.  He'll come around.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com : Hey Big Stones.  How goes the battle?  Marchand will get signed.  His ego is the problem and it matches the size of his nose.  He has to get off his high horse and look around the league at what players are getting.  Marchand comes from an extremely well to do family.  They own RAMAR Construction.  So he has had the silver spoon his entire life.  Boston has the cap space.  But he isnt worth more than 3 million per.  Let him sit a while and stick to the guns.  He'll come around.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Been a great summer I duno about you I could get used to offseasons comming off a championship :)! How it been shupe? Also good info on Brads fam. I hope to become a more even and level headed bruins fan this season key word is hope but I think the cup will do my mental sanity wonders for the 2011-2012 season.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com : Hey Big Stones.  How goes the battle?  Marchand will get signed.  His ego is the problem and it matches the size of his nose.  He has to get off his high horse and look around the league at what players are getting.  Marchand comes from an extremely well to do family.  They own RAMAR Construction.  So he has had the silver spoon his entire life.  Boston has the cap space.  But he isnt worth more than 3 million per.  Let him sit a while and stick to the guns.  He'll come around.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]Are you sure this stalemate isn't agent driven ? Sounds a little like another B's restricted free agent that thought he was worth more than what the Bruins were offering. Both Kessel and Marchand have the same agent ( Wade Arnott ). The difference here i think is that Marchand wants to play in Boston and will most likely be why a deal gets done. I might add that the feeling is more than likely mutual for the B's. At the right price of course.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kings and Bruins talking about an RFA- update: Kings like Marchand --From Hockeybuzz dot com : Are you sure this stalemate isn't agent driven ? Sounds a little like another B's restricted free agent that thought he was worth more than what the Bruins were offering. Both Kessel and Marchand have the same agent ( Wade Arnott ). The difference here i think is that Marchand wants to play in Boston and will most likely be why a deal gets done. I might add that the feeling is more than likely mutual for the B's. At the right price of course.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

What agent woouldnt push for everything they can.  I gotta believe he wants to stay in Boston and why wouldnt he.  He has a new cult following and performed at a very high level.  I think he inks a deal in the coming weeks but I think he obviously has some say in the negotiations.  I still say any higher than 3 for next year is a mistake.  I think 2.5-3.5-4 over 3 is very fare. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Not to answer for caballero #8, but I think your proposal is probably right on and way off.  Two top six forwards and a top 4 veteran defenseman is a steep price, but Doughty is the kind of guy you might pay that for.  Almost zero chance a trade like that would ever happen, though, at least not between two teams with Cup hopes.  It's so rare these days to see two teams make a transformation type trade - that is, a trade where they both feel the teams are less that the sum of their parts, and you change up some huge parts to transform the whole plan.

The way off part, then, is that, while I think your proposal is fair in horse-trading terms, I don't think the Bruins are a better team with Doughty instead of Seidenberg, Bergeron in Krejci's role, and force feeding Seguin the #2 C role flanked by guys like Peverley and Pouliot or Caron.  Maybe in two years, when Chara's getting long in the tooth, Seguin's physically mature and looking for his second deal, and some combination of prospects has had time to find their feet.  But this is the defending champion roster, right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

They better sign Marchand i do not want to hear this and that just get it done please.