Kings Vs. Blues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Kings Vs. Blues

Sounds like a good one to me. Both have great goaltending, defense, play physical... should be a lot of close games and probably some more OT.

I personally like the Blues over the Kings in this series, but these are my two favorite Western Conference teams, so I don't really care.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Kings Vs. Blues

Kings and Johnny Quick baby!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

It seems that it helps to make coaching changes, in the NHL.
    Also, watching the St Louis games, I have been surprised at just how good a player, Andy Macdonald is.
    He would have looked great in a Bruins' jersey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

This is a tough one to call, for some reason I see St. Louis playing Nashville in these playoffs

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In the end it'll come down to goaltending and I think Quick is the better goalie.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

The Kings are such a fun team to watch. A lot like the Bruins minus Doughty.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I think the Kings could be the Cinderella story of this year's playoffs.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I watch LA play and feel they have the talent and team play to beat anyone. I watch St Louis and they're an excellent team, but I don't quite understand how they can be so dominant.

I have no idea how this one will go, but it'll be fun to watch!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Dustin Brown and Mike Richards are so fun to watch. Guys who are of average size but hit like trains. And what makes them special players are the way they work harder then most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Kings Vs. Blues:
    In the end it'll come down to goaltending and I think Quick is the better goalie. .
    Posted by BsLegion

On my predictions I took the Blues just because I liked them but it just seems like the Kings will take it.
    Again Quick will outplay Elliot or Hallak (if returns).
    Kings remind me a lot of the Bruins from last season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Kings Vs. Blues:
    I think the Kings could be the Cinderella story of this year's playoffs.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan

The Kings are not your typical #8 seed.  They underperformed during the regular season, probably a combination of several factors, including Doughty's holdout, maybe Kopitar getting his nose out of joint with DD's new contract.  Then with the coaching change, the installation and acclimatization to Sutter's system, then incorporating deadline changes, etc.

The Kings now look to be a team living up to their pre-season expectations, and are getting contributions throughout the lineup.  The King-Nolan-Richardson 4th line is a handful, and the top two lines are very solid.  Doughty is starting to look like "2010 Olympics" Doughty again, Mitchell looks like "pre-Malkin hit" Mitchell again, and the rest of the D is dependable, though Voynov scares me on occasion.

I picked the Blues, probably 'cause I was p.o.'d at them (the Kings) for bouncing my guys, but they are solid throughout, and have the guy who most people would call "the best goalie in the league" playing lights out. 

Where's the weakness on this team right now?

Sections
Shortcuts