Knight Tonight...and others

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Knight Tonight...and others

Really didn't do anything.  He started out with Krejci and Lucic and ended with MacDermid and Pouliot.  He had one decent check, but outside of that, he was invisible.

Also, Hamill looked so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if he landed in the ECHL.  Either that, or maybe they can trade him for a first round pick?

Arniel was visible, but didn't do much.  Bartkowski spent the evening being out of position and turning the puck over.  Pouliot apparently played, but it wasn't very apparent while watching.

Kampfer looked good.  He had a couple of really nice defensive plays. 

I'm praying for 63-37-49 to stick.  They were a whirlwind!

Thomas looked fine.  The goals that were scored against were tips and horsepucky.  He played sound.  No worries.

Seidenberg was spectacular.  I'm almost to the point where I will call myself a fan of his game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Re: Knight Tonight...and others

In Response to Knight Tonight...and others:
    [QUOTE]Really didn't do anything.  He started out with Krejci and Lucic and ended with MacDermid and Pouliot.  He had one decent check, but outside of that, he was invisible. Also, Hamill looked so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if he landed in the ECHL.  Either that, or maybe they can trade him for a first round pick? Arniel was visible, but didn't do much.  Bartkowski spent the evening being out of position and turning the puck over.  Pouliot apparently played, but it wasn't very apparent while watching. Kampfer looked good.  He had a couple of really nice defensive plays.  I'm praying for 63-37-49 to stick.  They were a whirlwind! Thomas looked fine.  The goals that were scored against were tips and horsepucky.  He played sound.  No worries. Seidenberg was spectacular.  I'm almost to the point where I will call myself a fan of his game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    How did Lucic and Krejci look? I was not there but from looking at the box score, Lucic has 2 assists and Krejci had a goal. Who played with them on the line (I assume they were playing together)?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Really didn't do anything.  He started out with Krejci and Lucic and ended with MacDermid and Pouliot.  He had one decent check, but outside of that, he was invisible. Also, Hamill looked so bad, I wouldn't be surprised if he landed in the ECHL.  Either that, or maybe they can trade him for a first round pick? Arniel was visible, but didn't do much.  Bartkowski spent the evening being out of position and turning the puck over.  Pouliot apparently played, but it wasn't very apparent while watching. Kampfer looked good.  He had a couple of really nice defensive plays.  I'm praying for 63-37-49 to stick.  They were a whirlwind! Thomas looked fine.  The goals that were scored against were tips and horsepucky.  He played sound.  No worries. Seidenberg was spectacular.  I'm almost to the point where I will call myself a fan of his game.
    Sorry to hear that about Hamill. I couldn't watch the game and had to rely on Bish's live updates. He mentioned Hamill having a few good shifts so I was intrigued. Hamill did somehow manage to survive the latest cuts though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Knight Tonight...and others : How did Lucic and Krejci look? I was not there but from looking at the box score, Lucic has 2 assists and Krejci had a goal. Who played with them on the line (I assume they were playing together)?
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Lucic and Krejci played as you'd expect them to against half of the New York Islanders.  They started out with Knight and finished with Pouliot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Knight Tonight...and others : Sorry to hear that about Hamill. I couldn't watch the game and had to rely on Bish's live updates. He mentioned Hamill having a few good shifts so I was intrigued. Hamill did somehow manage to survive the latest cuts though.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Even if he played really well (which he did not), there is no room on the NHL roster for him.

First round pick, here we come!

He was poor.  He honestly looked off balance a few times, turned inside out.  His passing was poor.  His positioning was poor.  If he had a couple of good shifts, I didn't see them.  I did get up to get a hot dog near the end of the second.  Maybe that's when his good shifts came?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others : Even if he played really well (which he did not), there is no room on the NHL roster for him. First round pick, here we come! He was poor.  He honestly looked off balance a few times, turned inside out.  His passing was poor.  His positioning was poor.  If he had a couple of good shifts, I didn't see them.  I did get up to get a hot dog near the end of the second.  Maybe that's when his good shifts came?
    Wow, great insight, NAS! I'll definitely try and go to a preseason game whenever I can. I must admit, I'm kind of anxious to meet you in person...be great to talk hockey with you as well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Knight looked like he fit in.  Skated hard, played his position well and aside from the fact that he didn't have much chemistry with his linemates, he hit a post with a wicked wrist shot from the top of the circle.

I'd give him a B+.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others : Even if he played really well (which he did not), there is no room on the NHL roster for him. First round pick, here we come! He was poor.  He honestly looked off balance a few times, turned inside out.  His passing was poor.  His positioning was poor.  If he had a couple of good shifts, I didn't see them.  I did get up to get a hot dog near the end of the second.  Maybe that's when his good shifts came?
    Perhaps he made it through the latest cuts because PC is trying to "showcase" him in the hopes of luring a late pick out of someone for him. Too bad. Another 1st rounder that didn't pan out. He can join Aitken,Lars Jonsson,Samuelsson,Toivonen,Morrisonn and Lashoff as fairly recent 1st round failures.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Dez if you had to follow bishs blog why not go to www.985thesportshub.com? Its the flag ship of the bruins and toninghts game was on the site

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez if you had to follow bishs blog why not go to www.985thesportshub.com? Its the flag ship of the bruins and toninghts game was on the site
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    Just got a little frazzled when I realized I was blacked-out in my area. I never even thought to listen to it. I spent hours trying to search for the live stream.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Was disapointed Hamilton didn't play was hoping to get a glimpse of him. Pretty spot on NAS and I thought the same thing about Pouliot. I thought Mckelve didn't look to bad for missing the time he has to. Pevs Bergy March looked great as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

do kids get mad when cut without playing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou. Show shuturmouthwhenimtalkingtoyou's posts

Gotta mostly agree with the OP, although the first thing I noticed about Knight was that he naturally positions his body really well when he collects a puck. Seems like a nothing thing but it helps give a coach some confidence that you won't simply get tossed aside going for a loose puck. 

Arniel really can fly although I agree it's still a bit unfocused at this point (obviously no surprise for any of them).

Hamill looked like he wants to be traded, but doesn't realize the chances are improved by him playing well.

Paille looked like he was in Game 8 of the Finals at times last night. That kid stalks the puck carrier like a panther and uses that great speed in all the right ways. When he cycles back through the neutral zone the puck carrier is doomed. Now if he could just master that art of stickhandling while skating...

MacDermid also looked viable at times.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others : Perhaps he made it through the latest cuts because PC is trying to "showcase" him in the hopes of luring a late pick out of someone for him. Too bad. Another 1st rounder that didn't pan out. He can join Aitken,Lars Jonsson,Samuelsson,Toivonen,Morrisonn and Lashoff as fairly recent 1st round failures.

I wouldn't call Toivonen and Lashoff as first round failures, they held their own in real NHL games for at least some period of time.

Or maybe break it out into 2 categories, failures and total failures.

The total failures either never play in the NHL or play less than 12 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others : I wouldn't call Toivonen and Lashoff as first round failures, they held their own in real NHL games for at least some period of time. Or maybe break it out into 2 categories, failures and total failures. The total failures either never play in the NHL or play less than 12 games.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Toivonen had 12 wins in 28 games for the B's.  That's a total failure for a seventh round pick.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Too bad missed the game .Sounds alot like the game I went and watch but in your case last night seems like the vet presence was more predominant.
    You hit it spot on with Arniel,  skates well with good speed so gets noticed but it stops there. 
    The difference this pre-season is Bruins are not looking for a forward or two to produce as they're pretty much set .  It was an easy choice sending Spooner, Knight and Koko back to juniors. Only Spooner I thought well maybe ....  being a late release last season.  Did see much from him to warrant a later cut.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Seidenberg was spectacular.  I'm almost to the point where I will call myself a fan of his game."

Dennis is going to add offense to his game this season I see it coming...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Seidenberg more and more reminds me of Bourque (in style, not excellence).  Peverly, Marchand and Bergeron certainly looked good at times in last years playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Not sure what happenned the other night when you saw him but I just watched 2 shifts in a row in which Hamill played great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Knight Tonight...and others : Not sure what happenned the other night when you saw him but I just watched 2 shifts in a row in which Hamill played great.

I agreed with NAS and thought Hamil looked bad. He wasn't skating (one of PC's knocks on him) and wasn't connecting with passes. He didn't make any glaring mistakes but there were times where he had time, had space, but wasted them.
    He did not look like he belongs in the NHL as a top 2 center and that's the only place I can see him (his defensive game is blah and he's too small and slow for a 4th line center).

Trading him for another team's failed prospect seems like a good idea to me. Otherwise, a 3rd rnd pick would be a steal, a 4-5th rounder seems more appropriate.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Knight Tonight...and others : I agreed with NAS and thought Hamil looked bad. He wasn't skating (one of PC's knocks on him) and wasn't connecting with passes. He didn't make any glaring mistakes but there were times where he had time, had space, but wasted them. He did not look like he belongs in the NHL as a top 2 center and that's the only place I can see him (his defensive game is blah and he's too small and slow for a 4th line center). Trading him for another team's failed prospect seems like a good idea to me. Otherwise, a 3rd rnd pick would be a steal, a 4-5th rounder seems more appropriate.
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    That's likely what PC has in mind.