Knuckles & Whitey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Knuckles & Whitey

Adam Burt:  6'2, 210, 62 NHL fights

Brian Noonan:  6'1, 180, 11 NHL fights

I'm okay with Chelios getting in there. 

The Chelios/Propp altercation may have had something to do with a previous playoff series between Montreal and Philly.  (as per the announcers)

You guys are making this out like it was the NHL version of Jef Kugel.

Interesting note about Kugel:  He became a cage fighter and turned ButterBean into a puddle of blood.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I've always respected Chelios. He plays a very physical game and was very durable. Always seemed to give it his all. He's fought all kinds from Selanne to Pronger. I'd take him on my team any day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I've always respected Chelios. He plays a very physical game and was very durable. Always seemed to give it his all. He's fought all kinds from Selanne to Pronger. I'd take him on my team any day.

Agreed!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In addition to Kasper and Burridge, Chelios also fought Recchi, Tomas Sandstrom, Luc Robataille, Gary Leeman, Kelly Kisio and Sandy Moger.  Slow down on the answering the bell aspect of his game.  Guy was a pretty opportunistic pugilist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Adam Burt:  6'2, 210, 62 NHL fights

Brian Noonan:  6'1, 180, 11 NHL fights

I'm okay with Chelios getting in there. 

The Chelios/Propp altercation may have had something to do with a previous playoff series between Montreal and Philly.  (as per the announcers)

You guys are making this out like it was the NHL version of Jef Kugel.

Interesting note about Kugel:  He became a cage fighter and turned ButterBean into a puddle of blood.

Stop it.  As someone who watched a lot of Hartford games, Burt was a terrible fighter and nobody was afraid of him.  More importantly, Noonan started the fight, without question.  Comes over and decks Burt in the scrum.  So Burt squares off to fight him, fair and square, and then Chelios comes running across the ice to throw multiple punches into Burt's face, while Noonan holds his arms.  It's pathetic.  (Pathetic his Whaler teammates let it happen too).

I don't hate Chelios, but that sequence was embarassing, and I agree with Crowls that he was always a very, very opportunistic fighter.  Played the bada$$ whenever there was no one tough on the ice.

Great player though, I'll give him that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Not to change the subject, but I've always felt Dale Hunter was the dirtiest player I've seen. Do you guys think Nilan was worse?

Dale Hunter was to the NHL what Conrad Dobler was to the Nfl. Agreed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In addition to Kasper and Burridge, Chelios also fought Recchi, Tomas Sandstrom, Luc Robataille, Gary Leeman, Kelly Kisio and Sandy Moger.  Slow down on the answering the bell aspect of his game.  Guy was a pretty opportunistic pugilist.

And Shanahan, Curran, Markwart, Antoski (never a good idea), Tinordi, Hatcher, Tkachuk, Jason Weimer, and Tyson Nash.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

And Shanahan, Curran, Markwart, Antoski (never a good idea), Tinordi, Hatcher, Tkachuk, Jason Weimer, and Tyson Nash.

And Teemu Selanne, Steve Yzerman, Sylvain Turgeon, Bob Joyce (always a good idea),  Doanld Audette, Larry Murphy, Glenn Anderson, and Brian Propp