Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss

Just watched the strange ending to the Windsor/Ottawa game that saw the 67's score in OT to cap a 4-3 comeback win (down 3-1). As mentioned, Koko scored a goal for Windsor to extend his point streak to 12 games(20 points over that span). He missed a great chance to put the game away late in the 3rd but was unable to bury it. Regardless, it's good to see he's still scoring consistently. I sure hope it continues.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss

What was almost as strange as the ending was the start of the game and Koko's goal. 

With such a young roster this year for the Spits it's good to see Koko is producing at the pace he is.  Rebuilding year for the team but KoKo is playing big minutes as the first line centre and on the power play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

From obscurity to the front burner of the Stanley Cup Champion's board.  Not bad, Koko.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss:
    Just watched the strange ending to the Windsor/Ottawa game that saw the 67's score in OT to cap a 4-3 comeback win (down 3-1). As mentioned, Koko scored a goal for Windsor to extend his point streak to 12 games(20 points over that span). He missed a great chance to put the game away late in the 3rd but was unable to bury it. Regardless, it's good to see he's still scoring consistently. I sure hope it continues.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Dez,

What was your personal impression of Koko's play?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss:
    In Response to Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Dez, What was your personal impression of Koko's play?
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I only watched the 3rd and Koko is as advertised. He's willing to take a hit to make a play and for a guy his size, is surprisingly hard to take out of the play completely. That said, I wasn't impressed by his lax effort to get back to the bench after missing the goal I mentioned in the 3rd. Winexpo would be the guy to ask if you want to know what Koko is playing like on a day to day basis.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

please remember that Koko is still very young. This sounds like last year's comments on Spooner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : I only watched the 3rd and Koko is as advertised. He's willing to take a hit to make a play and for a guy his size, is surprisingly hard to take out of the play completely. That said, I wasn't impressed by his lax effort to get back to the bench after missing the goal I mentioned in the 3rd. Winexpo would be the guy to ask if you want to know what Koko is playing like on a day to day basis.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Thx. Sounds like the skill is there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : I only watched the 3rd and Koko is as advertised. He's willing to take a hit to make a play and for a guy his size, is surprisingly hard to take out of the play completely. That said, I wasn't impressed by his lax effort to get back to the bench after missing the goal I mentioned in the 3rd. Winexpo would be the guy to ask if you want to know what Koko is playing like on a day to day basis.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Probably just gassed if you are referring to the effort where he hit the post. A non-issue regarding Koko's work ethic as far as I'm concerned. I believe Winexpo will attest to him being a hard working player. At least that's what I've seen when I watch the Spits. 

On the same note I was channel surfing OHL games last night and noticed Knight coasting on his first few shifts. I rarely see that from him. Then he picked it up as the game progressed. ( 1 goal and an assist ) . He lined up next to Camara on the opening draw and they were chatting . Camara likes to hit !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Probably just gassed if you are referring to the effort where he hit the post. A non-issue regarding Koko's work ethic as far as I'm concerned. I believe Winexpo will attest to him being a hard working player. At least that's what I've seen when I watch the Spits.  On the same note I was channel surfing OHL games last night and noticed Knight coasting on his first few shifts. I rarely see that from him. Then he picked it up as the game progressed. ( 1 goal and an assist ) . He lined up next to Camara on the opening draw and they were chatting . Camara likes to hit !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowdah, I've no doubt that you're right. I'm just nitpicking. Camara could turn out to be a gem even though some folks (well 1 anyway) said he can't skate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Chowdah, I've no doubt that you're right. I'm just nitpicking. Camara could turn out to be a gem even though some folks (well 1 anyway) said he can't skate.
    Posted by dezaruchi

He must have taken skating lessons because he was moving pretty good last night. My thoughts on Camara right at the moment ( emphasized ). Energy player ( 4th liner who can hit and willing to fight  ) if he makes the NHL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now here's a guy that I wanted to see play if the hype on this kid is warranted. 
    The other night I saw that the same would be on Sportsnet but Friday I get to play myself.
    Another guy Camara and that only for some of the publicity he got on here.

Chowdah, are they going to show some games on Sundays during the season ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Now here's a guy that I wanted to see play if the hype on this kid is warranted.  The other night I saw that the same would be on Sportsnet but Friday I get to play myself. Another guy Camara and that only for some of the publicity he got on here. Chowdah, are they going to show some games on Sundays during the season ?
    Posted by BsLegion

Haven't really looked into that. I get games Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Thursday , Friday and Saturday now. In that regard I have the horseshoes !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Haven't really looked into that. I get games Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Thursday , Friday and Saturday now. In that regard I have the horseshoes !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

LOL... what kind of package is that ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : LOL... what kind of package is that ?
    Posted by BsLegion

Legion, my brother had the CHL package included with his NHL subscription. It must be different with individual cable providers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Chowdah, I've no doubt that you're right. I'm just nitpicking. Camara could turn out to be a gem even though some folks (well 1 anyway) said he can't skate.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I won't believe this until I can see it.  I have to go to rookie camp and check this out.  Camara was one of the 2 worst skaters at camp.

To give you an idea of how I think people stack up - I saw Lucic in camp and everyone was saying he wasn't a good skater and comparing him to O'Reilly and I thought that was totally nuts.  I thought Lucic was a reasonably decent skater.

And being a good skater doesn't necessarily reflect to how effective you are as a player, O'Reilly being the example most everyone points at.  A better example of where I'm going with all this is that I believe Perrault was a much better skater than LaFleur, and who would you pick for your team?

Koko was a bad skater, but he impressed me in every other way.  Hamilton stayed after practice to work on some stuff and Koko spent the whole time working on his edges and stayed out longer than anyone else.

I think skating is the most difficult thing to improve and by quite a lot.  I've found that even at 52 years of age I can improve my stickhandling and lifting weights can improve my shot, but skating is most difficult to change since it's so automatic and so subtle.  And pretty much what you're born with is what it's going to be forever.

We don't get to see the juniors down here at all.  I'm going to have to wait for rookie camp.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : I won't believe this until I can see it.  I have to go to rookie camp and check this out.  Camara was one of the 2 worst skaters at camp. To give you an idea of how I think people stack up - I saw Lucic in camp and everyone was saying he wasn't a good skater and comparing him to O'Reilly and I thought that was totally nuts.  I thought Lucic was a reasonably decent skater. And being a good skater doesn't necessarily reflect to how effective you are as a player, O'Reilly being the example most everyone points at.  A better example of where I'm going with all this is that I believe Perrault was a much better skater than LaFleur, and who would you pick for your team? Koko was a bad skater, but he impressed me in every other way.  Hamilton stayed after practice to work on some stuff and Koko spent the whole time working on his edges and stayed out longer than anyone else. I think skating is the most difficult thing to improve and by quite a lot.  I've found that even at 52 years of age I can improve my stickhandling and lifting weights can improve my shot, but skating is most difficult to change since it's so automatic and so subtle.  And pretty much what you're born with is what it's going to be forever. We don't get to see the juniors down here at all.  I'm going to have to wait for rookie camp.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Oh, was that you who said that? BH, I'm telling you that everyone can still improve their skating through simple practice and repetition. It's all about how much extra time and effort you're willing to put in on your edge work. Everyone has more difficulty skating on their outside edges. Why would the Bruins bring a power skating instructor to camp if they didn't think everyone would benefit from it? If NHL players can still improve their stride then you can too. For example BH, I recommend that every time you warm up you simply skate around with exaggerated length to your stride for 2 or 3 minutes. I'm not saying to lengthen your stride to the point that you're doing groin stretches but to make a point of keeping your striding foot in contact with the ice for a second longer with each stride. Like you've probably heard your whole life (we all have), you've gotta BEND YOUR KNEES to make it happen smoothly. Through muscle memory and strengthening, you should see improved speed and balance before very long. Put some honest work into your skating and I guarantee you can get better. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : I won't believe this until I can see it.  I have to go to rookie camp and check this out.  Camara was one of the 2 worst skaters at camp. To give you an idea of how I think people stack up - I saw Lucic in camp and everyone was saying he wasn't a good skater and comparing him to O'Reilly and I thought that was totally nuts.  I thought Lucic was a reasonably decent skater. And being a good skater doesn't necessarily reflect to how effective you are as a player, O'Reilly being the example most everyone points at.  A better example of where I'm going with all this is that I believe Perrault was a much better skater than LaFleur, and who would you pick for your team? Koko was a bad skater, but he impressed me in every other way.  Hamilton stayed after practice to work on some stuff and Koko spent the whole time working on his edges and stayed out longer than anyone else. I think skating is the most difficult thing to improve and by quite a lot.  I've found that even at 52 years of age I can improve my stickhandling and lifting weights can improve my shot, but skating is most difficult to change since it's so automatic and so subtle.  And pretty much what you're born with is what it's going to be forever. We don't get to see the juniors down here at all.  I'm going to have to wait for rookie camp.
    Posted by BadHabitude

It's great that you form your own opinion on what you see BH. I think that's what everyone should do . Saying that, you've seen him for what a couple of days ? And I've been watching him since September here and there and I'm still not seeing the type of skater you talked about. IMO , he is not a below average skater you say he is.

Like I said before , he probably was not very good when you seen him. But now ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Legion, my brother had the CHL package included with his NHL subscription. It must be different with individual cable providers.
    Posted by dezaruchi

OHL , NHL , MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA football and basketball and crappy Nascar & soccer all included in my sports package.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : OHL , NHL , MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA football and basketball and crappy Nascar & soccer all included in my sports package.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

That is awesome!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : OHL , NHL , MLB, NFL, NBA, NCAA football and basketball and crappy Nascar & soccer all included in my sports package.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

someone is making the big bucks round here

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : someone is making the big bucks round here
    Posted by BsLegion

LOL ! $31.99/month.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : LOL ! $31.99/month.  
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda, 

Since I live out of market (way out!), do you know of any online packages that can be purchased to stream live CHL games?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : Chowda,  Since I live out of market (way out!), do you know of any online packages that can be purchased to stream live CHL games?
    Posted by Ronstar8

OHL games    http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/
    WHL games    http://whl.neulion.com/whl/
    QMJHL games http://qmjhl.mytelus.com/

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Koko with a pair of goals and an assist today for Spits in a 5-3 win against Kingston and Ryan Spooner.

Kingston scored all three of their goals shorthanded with Spooner getting 2 of them and assisting on the other.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Kokolachev Adds To Point Streak In Loss : OHL games    http://ohl.neulion.com/ohl/ WHL games    http://whl.neulion.com/whl/ QMJHL games http://qmjhl.mytelus.com/
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Thx Chowdah. Appreciate it.

Sections
Shortcuts