Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsfanforever. Show Bruinsfanforever's posts

Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403199

Apparently, after playing last season in the KHL, Kovalev misses the NHL and wants another shot at it. He says a few teams have already offered him a tryout. Just another case of someone not knowing when to say goodbye. I wonder who will pick him up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL

I know why teams might want him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFoeLMm1d8M

If this guy had some heart he could have been one of the greats. I hated him on the Habs, he was always a scoring threat. Not that I would want him on the Bruins but he has mad skill and would be a good fit with Peverley and Kelly (2 guys with great defensive awareness). I  know I will get flamed for this but I cant ignore his talent.

I am fine with Caron on the 3rd line, Its just a thought. I know he will never play for the Bruins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And a reason they wouldn't:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuwFAmqVNSQ

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I could see him ending up on the Canucks. Would fit right in with Lapierre, Burrows, Kesler and co. Thought they were looking for another forward..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL:
    I could see him ending up on the Canucks. Would fit right in with Lapierre, Burrows, Kesler and co. Thought they were looking for another forward..
    Posted by Bisson1

I can see the Habs bc he never wanted to leave.  Heck a Pitt reunion wouldnt be outta the question either.  How about Smashville or Yotes who are goal starved.  I think a lot of teams could make a stab.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I would want no part of the Semin role model. Incredibly talented and amazingly lazy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would want no part of the Semin role model. Incredibly talented and amazingly lazy.
    Posted by stan17

I have never considered Kovalev to be lazy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : I have never considered Kovalev to be lazy.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Defensively ? He definitely was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Defensively ? He definitely was.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Do we know if he was asked to play a two way game?

He's been in the league for a long time.  This theory of top forward also being great defensively is pretty new. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I could see him ending up on the Canucks. Would fit right in with Lapierre, Burrows, Kesler and co.
    Posted by Bisson1

Perfect fit after watching the NAS provided video. Murray laughing in Kovalev's face for feigning injury was of course Priceless.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Do we know if he was asked to play a two way game? He's been in the league for a long time.  This theory of top forward also being great defensively is pretty new. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Lol, yeah he was asked to hang out at center ice. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Lol, yeah he was asked to hang out at center ice. 
    Posted by stan17

Seen him play quite a few times, never once saw him net hanging by the blue line.

I wish I could find the video of him in the corner with the puck standing still with Jonathan Girard coming at him. Girard got about 6 inches away from him and never even touched him.

There is some great Youtube clips of him practicing and doing stuff with the puck that is simply amazing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Lol, yeah he was asked to hang out at center ice. 
    Posted by stan17

Typical hockey rhetoric.  100% misinformed, but not much more expected from this poster.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Kovalev floated like a butterfuly but stung like a bee.  He was a force in Pittsburgh. Not worth the money afterwards then but at the right price he is as good as Semin even given his age.  The ice is always bluer in Russia than Canada until........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kovalev floated like a butterfuly but stung like a bee.  He was a force in Pittsburgh. Not worth the money afterwards then but at the right price he is as good as Semin even given his age.  The ice is always bluer in Russia than Canada until........
    Posted by islamorada

Semin is talented but I'm not sure I'd put him in Kovalevs category yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Semin is talented but I'm not sure I'd put him in Kovalevs category yet.
    Posted by kelvana33

I'd like to think he'll be back in the league before this fellow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Do we know if he was asked to play a two way game? He's been in the league for a long time.  This theory of top forward also being great defensively is pretty new. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Do we know if he was told to float ?

And nobody is saying anything about being great defensively. Adequate would have been sufficient. He was neither.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : Do we know if he was told to float ? And nobody is saying anything about being great defensively. Adequate would have been sufficient. He was neither.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

He's 39 years old.  It's not as if he can't do something that he's asked by a team.  The man isn't a pre-programmed robot who is in capable of back checking if he were asked to do so.  A team that signs Bergeron would be expecting great defensive play with decent point production.  A team that signs Kovalev would be looking for points.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : He's 39 years old.  It's not as if he can't do something that he's asked by a team.  The man isn't a pre-programmed robot who is in capable of back checking if he were asked to do so.  A team that signs Bergeron would be expecting great defensive play with decent point production.  A team that signs Kovalev would be looking for points.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I never said he was in capable of back checking I merely iterated that he seemed not interested in doing it. Hench giving the appearence of being lazy while doing it. Not misinformed we just see his play differently. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Kovalev wants to Return to the NHL : I never said he was in capable of back checking I merely iterated that he seemed not interested in doing it. Hench giving the appearence of being lazy while doing it. Not misinformed we just see his play differently. 
    Posted by stan17

Sorry, Stan17.  That was in reference to Chowda's post.

You suggested that he spends his time on the ice cherry picking, and that's entirely incorrect.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5u7FpUjf8w

Tell me more.

Sections
Shortcuts