KPD doesn't know his audience

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

KPD doesn't know his audience

I used to really enjoy his Sunday columns, but now he seems to go around pretending to speak for Bruins Nation. It bothers me that people outside Boston might not know any better. The guy's best days are behind him and he really doesn't have a firm grasp of how the fans really feel.

I kinda gave him a pass on the Thomas stuff because we know sensationalism sells, but why would you go out and tweet something like this:

"Average Bruins fan offer for Nash: Caron, Kampfer and 3 third-rd picks over 5 years."

No. We're not idiots. I've been to a lot of other team sites and this forum has some of the absolutely best hockey analysis around. So why would he go out and intentionally mock the people on his own employer's web site by making stuff like that up? For a joke?

Sorry KPD. Nobody around here makes such claims re: Nash. In fact, there has been very little talk about it, and the "silly trade" ideas around these parts is far, far less than other fan sites. You might want to better understand your own audience before making such ill-advised comments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: KPD doesn't know his audience

In Response to KPD doesn't know his audience:
    I used to really enjoy his Sunday columns, but now he seems to go around pretending to speak for Bruins Nation. It bothers me that people outside Boston might not know any better. The guy's best days are behind him and he really doesn't have a firm grasp of how the fans really feel. I kinda gave him a pass on the Thomas stuff because we know sensationalism sells, but why would you go out and tweet something like this: "Average Bruins fan offer for Nash: Caron, Kampfer and 3 third-rd picks over 5 years." No. We're not idiots. I've been to a lot of other team sites and this forum has some of the absolutely best hockey analysis around. So why would he go out and intentionally mock the people on his own employer's web site by making stuff like that up? For a joke? Sorry KPD. Nobody around here makes such claims re: Nash. In fact, there has been very little talk about it, and the "silly trade" ideas around these parts is far, far less than other fan sites. You might want to better understand your own audience before making such ill-advised comments.
    Posted by asmaha

I tend not to even read articles he posts, just skim them for info, and learn more from the comments than the writing itself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Remember this gem from KDP in 2009:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2009/01/14/lecavalier_is_an_affordable_prize/

Yes, it would have been a great deal to send a package to Tampa Bay including the likes of Kessel, Krejci and/or Lucic to get a post-shoulder surgery Vincent Lecavalier and his 11-year, $7.7 cap hit.  Kevin should not mock others for their trade suggestions until he stops making idiotic ones himself.  He wouldn't suggest Caron, Kampfer and 3 third rounders for Nash, he would more likely suggest Seguin, Krejci and Dougie Hamilton for Jerome Iginla because... well... he did stuff in the past.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Do you remember when players would talk about Paul Stewart the ref and say: "Stewie- stop tryin' to be the show". That's how I feel about KPD and his protoge- especially since the TT stuff. The bozos out here in Vancouver have been the same and jumped all over that TT stuff too.These guys don't just write stories anymore they want to influence what is actually going on- Life imitating art so to speak. Except the art is just twisted finger paintings from the psych ward.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

At least "Stewie" was entertaining, and had the game moving. None of the Globe writers have access to anyone on the Bruins management staff. The best fluto can do is quotes from Thornton, for which Fluto praises Thorny's skills!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I think what got me was the disrespect for the Bruins fans. People from out of town take his word because, well, they don't know any better. And I understand he's using hyperbole, but the general sentiment of his comment was that Bs fans are unreasonable and delusional. Then he goes out and says that Krejci/Lucic plus a bunch of picks would be needed to land Nash...which is absurd.

So he's insulting to his readers, and wrong to boot. Nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I've never had a problelm with KPD. he's a columnist and he has an opinion. I don't always agree with him or think his logic is spot on. But when his personal dislike for Thomas's political views strat creeping in to his work I have a problem. KPD is a hard core lib and is clearly stirring the trade rumors for Thomas hoping to see him out of here. Shame on you KPD. I think he's gotten a tad lazy as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

I'm not from Boston but I take everthing this guy says and ignore it.In fact when I do read his material I  discount what he has written as bs.I often wonder if this guy likes hockey or the Bruins.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

In Response to Re: KPD doesn't know his audience:
    I've never had a problelm with KPD. he's a columnist and he has an opinion. I don't always agree with him or think his logic is spot on. But when his personal dislike for Thomas's political views strat creeping in to his work I have a problem. KPD is a hard core lib and is clearly stirring the trade rumors for Thomas hoping to see him out of here. Shame on you KPD. I think he's gotten a tad lazy as well.
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Great Post.   I agree 100%

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

I have no clue what KPD is talking about half the time. He was begging the Bruin to get Lacavelleur for 10 years. The guy has been washed up since he won a Cup. St Louis is the better player. All KPD does now is rant and rave about how bad fighting and hitting is and how the game is too fast? They need to slow it down so there can be more passing??? Of course from time to time he'll pick out a a player and demand that he get traded....like Thornton, Kessel and now Thomas...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think he does know his audience.  In his line of work, being in the middle of controversy, inciting the natives....thats a good thing.  Everybody has a pretty strong opinion of KPD, and his work.  The fact that it's mostly negative......is positive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think he does know his audience.  In his line of work, being in the middle of controversy, inciting the natives....thats a good thing.  Everybody has a pretty strong opinion of KPD, and his work.  The fact that it's mostly negative......is positive.
    Posted by stevegm

Well put...I'll add...Knows he can stay with Globe then retire when he wants too, likes irritating players, coaches n GMs (sports beat writers are born with this) and is respected (maybe not liked) by his peers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Thank god he's not on NESN anymore....Arnold, Pederson and Mowers are bad enuf

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This is right for sure.  I think he's an idiot when it comes to hockey, but a genius when it comes to get you talking about him talking about hockey.

Posted by stevegm

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I get you asmaha.  Last season when the Bruins were down to Habs and the Lightning he'de be interviewed Canadian TV (TSN) bashing the Bruins on how they won't get passed the round either because they were being outcouched, out matched , the PP does not score , didn't have any superstars etc....
    He had this air he knew everything Bruins and what was going to happen.

Sections
Shortcuts