KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts

As we all know, this guy is just full of them. I'll start by mentioning his back-handed "compliment" to CJ after mentioning his refusal to sit star players during games and ride the hot hand.

We see that here in Boston, especially with a good portion of Claude Julien’s Cup-defending lineup disinclined the first month of the season to provide the requisite energy and emotion it takes to win on a nightly basis. Rather than call anyone out, bench someone during a game, or sit them out on a given night, Julien instead tinkers with his line combinations and defensive pairings. That’s his standard operating procedure. It works for him. He won a Cup with it, and he’s probably not going to change it.

Hardly a ringing endorsement for what works but anyways......he then goes on to say that his former favorite whipping boy, Joe Thornton will be a likely Hall of Famer, regardless of whether he ever wins a Cup. I'm not trying to downplay Joe's abilities when I say that I hope the Hall will need considerably more than what's been brought to the table from him so far. I mean, are the Sedins both Hall of Famers already too? I don't think so. All I have to say to KPD is pick a side stick with it.
       Lastly, KPD decided he'd comment on players that could be brought in for help in Boston. I'll actually give him some cred for the McCabe idea if he passed a tryout and would play for Pouliot money. I still doubt he's as good as Boychuk at this point though. The real doozy was suggesting that Paul Mara might help. Here's the quote.....

Just turned 32 in September and spent most of last year in Anaheim before being traded to the Habs. Has scored only twice on the man-advantage over the last five years, but again, could provide some much-needed depth for a team desperate to fix the man-advantage.

Seriously, who else would start a sentence saying "scored only twice on the man-advantage in 5 years" and then end it with "could provide some much-needed depth for a team desperate to fix the man advantage"?

I'm really starting to think that KPD is one of our regular posters that goes by a different handle. Guess who it might be....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Re: KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts

This is two years old from a poster named 'LITY" on 'Yahoo Answers'
    (though i don't think Thornton won the 'Pearson')

Dupont's always been wrong about Thornton - and he knows it

---------------------------------------------------------
    Thornton's in.
    1) He's got hardware (1 Hart, 1 Pearson)
    2) He's got multiple post-season all-star nominations (3)
    3) He's been top 5 in scoring 5 of the last 6 seasons (no one else has)
    4) He's got the highest single season point total of the decade
    5) He's got the most points of the last decade by over 100
    6) He's well over a point/game for his career (1.02)

The Hall of Fame ranks you against your peers, and over the last 10 years, Thornton has outscored his peers. The only thing he is missing is playoff success, but that didn't hurt Marcel Dionne, Dale Hawerchuk, Bernie Federko, etc

The two Hart winners that didn't make the Hall of Fame
    Tom Anderson (1942) and Al Rollins (1951), Anderson only had the one good year. Rollins won the Hart trophy as a Black Hawks goaltender winning 12 games and losing 47............the 47 losses in a season is the 2nd most by a goaltender in any single NHL season............but if it wasn't for Rollins, the Blackhawks team could easily have been 0-70-0. (Rollins and Anderson are the only players from last place teams to win the Hart)

Now, there is widespread belief that the number of Hart winners not elected will increase as a couple of the voters don't believe that Sergei Fedorov had a Hall of Fame career despite starting out that way (Fedorov averaged greater than a point a game only once in his last 12 seasons), and there's not a lot of support for Jose Theodore (similar circumstances to Rollins). Fedorov will get support because he does have several Cups, mentored Ovechkin, and won the Hart and Pearson, and has a couple of Selkes...all by 1996. Martin St. Louis was mentioned in the 'maybe not' conversation for a couple of years but his stats over the last 7 years rank 3rd behind Thornton and Iginla (the comparison against your peers) and he did do the triple in 03 (Art Ross, Hart, Pearson) and has been amnong the top 15 scorers for 6 of the last 7 seasons (Fedorov was in the top 15 4x in 19 seasons, and only in the top 10 twice) "

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

I hope Tortorella is at the Hall of Fame ceremony.  Hahahaha. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]This is two years old from a poster named 'LITY" on 'Yahoo Answers' (though i don't think Thornton won the 'Pearson') Dupont's always been wrong about Thornton - and he knows it --------------------------------------------------------- Thornton 's in. 1) He's got hardware (1 Hart, 1 Pearson ) 2) He's got multiple post-season all-star nominations (3) 3) He's been top 5 in scoring 5 of the last 6 seasons (no one else has) 4) He's got the highest single season point total of the decade 5) He's got the most points of the last decade by over 100 6) He's well over a point/game for his career (1.02) The Hall of Fame ranks you against your peers, and over the last 10 years, Thornton has outscored his peers. The only thing he is missing is playoff success, but that didn't hurt Marcel Dionne, Dale Hawerchuk, Bernie Federko, etc The two Hart winners that didn't make the Hall of Fame Tom Anderson (1942) and Al Rollins (1951), Anderson only had the one good year. Rollins won the Hart trophy as a Black Hawks goaltender winning 12 games and losing 47............the 47 losses in a season is the 2nd most by a goaltender in any single NHL season............but if it wasn't for Rollins, the Blackhawks team could easily have been 0-70-0. (Rollins and Anderson are the only players from last place teams to win the Hart) Now, there is widespread belief that the number of Hart winners not elected will increase as a couple of the voters don't believe that Sergei Fedorov had a Hall of Fame career despite starting out that way (Fedorov averaged greater than a point a game only once in his last 12 seasons), and there's not a lot of support for Jose Theodore (similar circumstances to Rollins). Fedorov will get support because he does have several Cups, mentored Ovechkin, and won the Hart and Pearson, and has a couple of Selkes...all by 1996. Martin St. Louis was mentioned in the 'maybe not' conversation for a couple of years but his stats over the last 7 years rank 3rd behind Thornton and Iginla (the comparison against your peers) and he did do the triple in 03 (Art Ross, Hart, Pearson) and has been amnong the top 15 scorers for 6 of the last 7 seasons (Fedorov was in the top 15 4x in 19 seasons, and only in the top 10 twice) "
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Awry, it's obvious an argument can be made for both sides but if he retired today is he in the Hall? Is Lindros a shoo-in for the Hall? His numbers compare very favorably to a recent Bruin inductee but I've got a feeling he'll have trouble making in. As long as a vote is involved there will always be things outside the numbers that dictate whether a player makes it. Fair or not, that's the way it is. I just don't think Joe has had the sustained star-power that it takes to make the Hall. Let's look at some of the other players of his generation and decide who makes it. As I said, you've got the Sedins and Lecavalier and St. Louis, Jagr, Crosby, Gonchar, Leclair, Lindros, Fleury, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Doug Weight.....where do we draw the line?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts:
    [QUOTE]As we all know, this guy is just full of them. I'll start by mentioning his back-handed "compliment" to CJ after mentioning his refusal to sit star players during games and ride the hot hand. We see that here in Boston, especially with a good portion of Claude Julien’s Cup-defending lineup disinclined the first month of the season to provide the requisite energy and emotion it takes to win on a nightly basis. Rather than call anyone out, bench someone during a game, or sit them out on a given night, Julien instead tinkers with his line combinations and defensive pairings. That’s his standard operating procedure. It works for him. He won a Cup with it, and he’s probably not going to change it. Hardly a ringing endorsement for what works but anyways......he then goes on to say that his former favorite whipping boy, Joe Thornton will be a likely Hall of Famer, regardless of whether he ever wins a Cup. I'm not trying to downplay Joe's abilities when I say that I hope the Hall will need considerably more than what's been brought to the table from him so far. I mean, are the Sedins both Hall of Famers already too? I don't think so. All I have to say to KPD is pick a side stick with it.    Lastly, KPD decided he'd comment on players that could be brought in for help in Boston. I'll actually give him some cred for the McCabe idea if he passed a tryout and would play for Pouliot money. I still doubt he's as good as Boychuk at this point though. The real doozy was suggesting that Paul Mara might help. Here's the quote..... Just turned 32 in September and spent most of last year in Anaheim before being traded to the Habs. Has scored only twice on the man-advantage over the last five years, but again, could provide some much-needed depth for a team desperate to fix the man-advantage.   Seriously, who else would start a sentence saying "scored only twice on the man-advantage in 5 years" and then end it with "could provide some much-needed depth for a team desperate to fix the man advantage"? I'm really starting to think that KPD is one of our regular posters that goes by a different handle. Guess who it might be....
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Perfect example of why KPD can't be trusted and is really a frustrated wanna-be GM forced to toil as a lowly scribe and resentful of it.

His schizophrenia re: Jumbo Joe would be laughable except that it help MOC in his quest to dump the guy for next to nothing on the first offer he got rather than shopping around for something better.

And yeah--Paul Mara. That's just what the defending Stanley Cup Champions need to get out from under a rough start. I'm surprised he didn;t suggest they drag Rick Zombo out of retirement to help on the PP.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts : Perfect example of why KPD can't be trusted and is really a frustrated wanna-be GM forced to toil as a lowly scribe and resentful of it. His schizophrenia re: Jumbo Joe would be laughable except that it help MOC in his quest to dump the guy for next to nothing on the first offer he got rather than shopping around for something better. And yeah--Paul Mara. That's just what the defending Stanley Cup Champions need to get out from under a rough start. I'm surprised he didn;t suggest they drag Rick Zombo out of retirement to help on the PP.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    TTBI, he may as well have suggested the Bruins make a move for Hal Gill because the PP is so desperate. And yeah, I'm putting the Joe in the Hall debate aside when I say I'd just like to see some consistency from KPD. I can respect someone who's opinion differs from mine but it irks me when people jump back and forth on an issue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Mike Grier would be a great fit for the system. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

KPD thinks of himself as Bob Ryan allot of the times when scribbling. Kevin is the Bill Walton, Dan Diedorkf, Joe Theisman, Tim McCarver or Englom of his sport. He's gotten the reputation that he irritates a fanbase and now he runs with it, knowing they are hated in some circles gets them their own press.

Some weeks he mails it in some weeks he has insightfulness hockey notes. He wouldn't make it as a GM because he likes Melrose born Mara who has no legs left. You can't be objective when evaluating talent if you are picking a local boy that you happen to like. I haven't let KPD get to me in along time, he doesn'y have the tact or moxy anymore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

If his thoughts were interesting and meaningful, that would be a first! 

KDP is a typical Boston scribe--- always negative and always wrong.  Had to LMAO when the NHL Network Radio show had him on during the playoffs and the hosts were mocking him after his segment for being totally out of touch with what was actually going on in the playoffs and with the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

KPD still stirs the pot , whether right or wrong. His thought on Mike Grier is a good one, but there must be some problem with Mike since he always gave a solid performance the last few years in Buffalo. With Kamfer the Bruins have a better option than anyone mentioned.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Mike Grier would be a great fit for the system. 
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]
    Who would he be a significant enough upgrade over to justify spending any money on him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts : Who would he be a significant enough upgrade over to justify spending any money on him? Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Than Pouliot ? yes Mike is a solid bottom 6 forward who separates players from the puck and has performed well in the playoffs, well he was great against the Bs two years ago, a good grinder.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: KPD Has Some Interesting Thoughts : Than Pouliot ? yes Mike is a solid bottom 6 forward who separates players from the puck and has performed well in the playoffs, well he was great against the Bs two years ago, a good grinder.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    San, I guess I'm just not that concerned with replacing the 13th forward right now. Greir as a depth move later on........I can get on board with that idea but after seeing Clark go to Prov, I don't see the need for a signing like Greir right now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2011/11/06/hockey_hall_of_fame_still_stands_tall_among_canadians/

This article released today by KPD and the Globe is not mailing it in IMO. Imagine before reading this piece, to suggest that the HHOF is getting as many gazers going through the turnstiles as the BBHOF.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

KDP is a scribe. Period. No brainer that CJ didn't single out one player and bench them for poor play. If he did that in the first 5 or 6 games, there wouldn't be anyone left on the bench.

As Dawg pointed out in KDP's HHOF article, the guy is just looking to write something. Who cares at this time of year about the HHOF or anybody else's Hall of Fames ? His ideas at bringing in this player or that player ring hollow, when you look at how early it is in the season.

Does KDP not know that it's playoff time in the CFL ? That would keep him busy for the next few weeks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]KDP is a scribe. Period. No brainer that CJ didn't single out one player and bench them for poor play. If he did that in the first 5 or 6 games, there wouldn't be anyone left on the bench. As Dawg pointed out in KDP's HHOF article, the guy is just looking to write something. Who cares at this time of year about the HHOF or anybody else's Hall of Fames ? His ideas at bringing in this player or that player ring hollow, when you look at how early it is in the season. Does KDP not know that it's playoff time in the CFL ? That would keep him busy for the next few weeks.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]
    Not a Dupont fan, but I think he wrote about becaue the induction is coming up

Sections
Shortcuts