KPD should be banned!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

KPD should be banned!

This guy drives me nuts!  The Bruins win the cup and he does an interview on paridity and how the Montreal series came down to a bounce! Get a life Kevin you are suppose to be a Hometown reporter proud of these guys for what they acheived. Not trying to justify your bonehead remarks throughout the year!!
    I mean it would be just as easy to say that if Chara wasnt ill in the first 3 games of round 1 in which he missed game 2, this series would not have gone over 5 games! If you wanted to spin it that way!! Or if Bergeron wasnt hurt in the Tampa series would it of gone 7?  If the Bruins had not of let the media get in there heads for game 1 and 2 of the SCF would it of gone 7!  I mean once they realised they were better it wasnt even close. The Canuks were the best team in the league this year and they only lead for 32mins in a 7 game series for crying out loud. Not to mention we out scored them 21-4 in the last 5 games.  None of this is ever brought up by KPD! The bottom line is the bruins won and let us have it for the love of god! I have never been more proud of a bunch of guys!  GO AWAY KEVIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: KPD should be banned!

He is rather negative, seems to like it better when things go wrong. I think he enjoys reading his own articles and flowery prose. Am not a fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

As much as we would like the local reporters to be total homers, they are journalists and should maintain a level of objectivity. KPD is s columnist and not the beat reporter for the Globe's coverage of the B's. I think he's been pretty effluent in his praise of this team and everything they've managed to accomplish. And it did come down to a bounce against Montreal but I think he's been pretty clear all along in saying the better team, the team who deserved it most, won.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

That being said, he annoys me from time to time too ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Fairly neutral post and I understand your respect for journalism. But unfortualtley KPD is not neutral.  Dont get me wrong I am not about to suggest we need everyone to be a Jack Edwards, It just seems like this guy likes to needle us the true fan! Just sticking up for the Bruins Nation!  After all your not Stanley Cup Champions every year!  Can we just enjoy it, were number 1!

In Response to Re: KPD should be banned!:
    [QUOTE]As much as we would like the local reporters to be total homers, they are journalists and should maintain a level of objectivity. KPD is s columnist and not the beat reporter for the Globe's coverage of the B's. I think he's been pretty effluent in his praise of this team and everything they've managed to accomplish. And it did come down to a bounce against Montreal but I think he's been pretty clear all along in saying the better team, the team who deserved it most, won.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Fairly neutral post and I understand your respect for journalism. But unfortualtley KPD is not neutral.  Dont get me wrong I am not about to suggest we need everyone to be a Jack Edwards, It just seems like this guy likes to needle us the true fan! Just sticking up for the Bruins Nation!  After all your not Stanley Cup Champions every year!  Can we just enjoy it, were number 1! In Response to Re: KPD should be banned! :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, sammie. I even agree, to a point. Banning the guy seems a bit extreme though ;)

KPD, nor anyone else can ruin my enjoyment of my team WINNING THE $^#&%$# STANLEY CUP!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Get a life. KPD has been objective for years about the home town Bruins. He points out their accomplishments, their heroes, and some of their most obvious foibles. What more do you want? a cheer leader? That's not what he is paid for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to KPD should be banned!:
    [QUOTE]This guy drives me nuts!  The Bruins win the cup and he does an interview on paridity and how the Montreal series came down to a bounce! !!

An interview with paridity? Who/what is paridity?

And I'm seeing people, myself included, get absolutely reamed on this board for even suggesting the Bruins didn't with the Cup in 16 straight games, all by 5 goals or more.

Why is suggesting a 7 game series decided in OT could have gone either way on a bounce an insult?  Why do people on this board react viciously of this? It does not in any way take anything away from the Bruins.  Many series or championships can go one way or another on a bounce along the way (hello '04 Red Sox and others).  Why is this truth taken so personally and offensively?

"let us have it?" "Let us enjoy it?"  How could that observation possibly take away from the enjoyment of celebrating this victory?  There isn't any stupid remark made by reporter or fan that could diminish this enjoyment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]Get a life. KPD has been objective for years about the home town Bruins. He points out their accomplishments, their heroes, and some of their most obvious foibles. What more do you want? a cheer leader? That's not what he is paid for.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I don't need a cheer leader either, i just think KPD seems to look at the B's from a negative angle most of the time. Just an observation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

was he wrong- nope.  game 7 ot means it could have gone that way.  lets be happy it didnt

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

KPD just wants to cover another run at Lord Stanley next year and is warning the B'S against complacency....

nothing wrong with that....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I just assumed the comment was made in the context of the B's going into FA.  As in, parity is rampant in this league, and with so little margin for error, and so little to separate cup champions from another first round exit at the hands of the Shabs, you have to have a critical eye to see how your team can be better even when it couldn't have had a better result.

The performance of the D in the finals couldn't have been much better, but that was them as good as they get.  Could you upgrade?  Maybe.  Would it cost a lot?  Probably.  Should I be Secretary of Defense?  God no.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

You have no idea what the score and the inning is do ya!  do your research first!  Try any interview with KPD including the one where he came on TSN during this playoff!  WOW  out of touch is an understatment here!

[QUOTE]In Response to KPD should be banned! : An interview with paridity? Who/what is paridity? And I'm seeing people, myself included, get absolutely reamed on this board for even suggesting the Bruins didn't with the Cup in 16 straight games, all by 5 goals or more. Why is suggesting a 7 game series decided in OT could have gone either way on a bounce an insult?  Why do people on this board react viciously of this? It does not in any way take anything away from the Bruins.  Many series or championships can go one way or another on a bounce along the way (hello '04 Red Sox and others).  Why is this truth taken so personally and offensively? "let us have it?" "Let us enjoy it?"  How could that observation possibly take away from the enjoyment of celebrating this victory?  There isn't any stupid remark made by reporter or fan that could diminish this enjoyment.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I think his hockey "knowledge" is a complete joke.  He knows nothing about hockey, as is obvious in his writing.  He is a joke of a hockey "reporter".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

LOL  Where was I when he did that!!!  I mean he will at times say who is responsible for wins and success but always followed with a glass is half full remark!  Ill move on now, maybe Im having some transference from all the bull roar that went on up here in the media during the run!  And maybe my expectations of a local reporter are to high!  Either way my opinion stays the same!

n Response to Re: KPD should be banned!:
    [QUOTE]Get a life. KPD has been objective for years about the home town Bruins. He points out their accomplishments, their heroes, and some of their most obvious foibles. What more do you want? a cheer leader? That's not what he is paid for.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

KPD isn't a "local reporter." He covers the entire league from his position in one of the most prestigious media markets in the entire country. It's his job to be challenging and perhaps even a little negative. Lest you forget, there's an entire body of articles elsewhere on the Globe website in which he criticizes certain players, coaches, and the team's management. See his realistic rants about the failure of the Bruins under Chiarelli's watch to develop young players.

DuPont is far, far from perfect and I'm not trying to pump his tires. But he's also not some flunky blogger who just showed up at the Globe's doorstep and asked for a job either.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AugustusPuckus. Show AugustusPuckus's posts

I don't like KPD but that series did come down to a bounce.

Gionta gets it passed Timmy in the OT rush and we're talking who should be replacing Julien.

As it now stands, we'll have to wait for October for that  :)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to KPD should be banned!:
    [QUOTE]This guy drives me nuts!  The Bruins win the cup and he does an interview on paridity and how the Montreal series came down to a bounce! Get a life Kevin you are suppose to be a Hometown reporter proud of these guys for what they acheived. Not trying to justify your bonehead remarks throughout the year!!

What a freaking crybaby you are.

So you don't like a guy's opinion. Get used to it, Toots.   Or stop reading his columns. The choice is yours.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

[QUOTE]KPD isn't a "local reporter." He covers the entire league from his position in one of the most prestigious media markets in the entire country. It's his job to be challenging and perhaps even a little negative. Lest you forget, there's an entire body of articles elsewhere on the Globe website in which he criticizes certain players, coaches, and the team's management. See his realistic rants about the failure of the Bruins under Chiarelli's watch to develop young players. DuPont is far, far from perfect and I'm not trying to pump his tires. But he's also not some flunky blogger who just showed up at the Globe's doorstep and asked for a job either.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

"pump his tires".... 

good one!....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklinFlyers14. Show FranklinFlyers14's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to KPD should be banned! : An interview with paridity? Who/what is paridity?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I believe it's one of the first thing drummers learn in their lesson

Wink

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think his hockey "knowledge" is a complete joke.  He knows nothing about hockey, as is obvious in his writing.  He is a joke of a hockey "reporter".
    Posted by bigvig[/QUOTE]

He's been going to and writing about hockey for 30 years.

I'd say he knows a thing or two.

You just don't like people who know more about hockey than you do.  Like KPD.  And me.  And my neighbor's cat.  Of course, you won't see this message because you (as you say ALL THE TIME) have me blocked.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

KPD knows more about hockey than most people here. You can take that to the bank. A differing opinion than your own is not equal to lack of knowledge. Was anyone watching game 7 of the Montreal series? TT saved their bacon long enough to allow Horton to get the game/series winner. That my friends is the one bounce that sent them on their way.

NOS, I like your 'do not reply' signature at the bottom! That's awesome!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

KPD picked the other team in all four series in the playoffs when asked for his pre-series prediction, most of them ending in 5 or 6 games at that.  And his analysis for them losing every series was elementary and blindsided.  It is one thing trying to be neutral and critical in a constructive journalism way, it is another to be completely clueless which KPD is. 

Sections
Shortcuts